Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club Presents: Prison Brake (07.08.3303 - 13.08.3303)

This one is going to get interesting. Shall we agree up front that video replays of attempts ending in explosive fashion will be posted for the enjoyment of all?

Intent to Race:

CMDR Perseus Tacitus
    Unlimited Class
    Imperial Courier
    ship to be christened upon build completion

Alright, so...I admit that I had never been to Mitterand Hollow before. That was hilarious.

edit: it's now obvious that the advertising was missing some vital info...fixed

Originally Posted by AkenBosch View Post (Source)
    Netflix Italy is still a joke compared to other countries...still waiting on The Expanse season 2 :rolleyes
    I forgot to mention when you commented before about The Expanse season 2 & Netflix Italy - just to reassure you, as far as I know The Expanse season 2 isn't available on Netflix anywhere yet! It's certainly not available on Netflix UK, it's the first thing I check every month.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's only legally available in the US on Sci-Fi and in Canada on Space. I'm starting to think that it's only going to appear on Netflix in December to coincide with the release of the seventh novel.

It's very frustrating, as it's a great show - I think that Netflix have quite a poor deal, I've read all the novels (not the novellas yet) so I don't have to worry about spoilers. Otherwise I'm sure I'd given up waiting for Netflix by now.

Originally Posted by Jhyrryl View Post (Source)
    Alright, so...I admit that I had never been to Mitterand Hollow before. That was hilarious.

I've also never visited Mitterand Hollow - I have watched it rush past New Africa as I've left Schneider Relay. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can actually manage a landing!

First run submitted. That was FUN

I may have a problem getting into this race ... I totally failed to factor in how incredibly, mind blowingly, jaw dropingly, unutterably brilliant Lone Echo was going to be. Now if you'll excuse me there are batteries to replace, cargo to be stowed and satellite dishes to re-align.

(click this image to discover the best of the forum)

Originally Posted by Jhyrryl View Post (Source)

I indeed tried to find a way to hint at the Mitterand Hollow landing, either with a fitting name for the race or some visual/text hints in the banner. Couldn't come up with anything meaningful, I guess your fix gets the job done pretty well.

Originally Posted by Raiko View Post (Source)
    I forgot to mention when you commented before about The Expanse season 2 & Netflix Italy - just to reassure you, as far as I know The Expanse season 2 isn't available on anywhere yet! It's certainly not available on Netflix UK, it's the first thing I check every month.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's only legally available in the US on Sci-Fi and in Canada on Space. I'm starting to think that it's only going to appear on Netflix in December to coincide with the release of the seventh novel.

It's very frustrating, as it's a great show - I think that Netflix have quite a poor deal, I've read all the novels (not the novellas yet) so I don't have to worry about spoilers. Otherwise I'm sure I'd given up waiting for Netflix by now.
    Oh well, we're on the same boat then...I foresee those books filling some spots on my shelf sooner or later (birthday slowly but steadily incoming ).

Speaking of which: happy birthday cmdr Alec Turner! Three cheers for yet another successful revolution around our main star!

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    I may have a problem getting into this race ... I totally failed to factor in how incredibly, mind blowing, unutterably brilliant Lone Echo is. Now if you'll excuse me there are batteries to replace, cargo to be stowed and satellite dishes to re-align.

While us mere mortals still cope with the struggles of 2D depiction of fictional worlds in 2017, Alec Turner lives in 2097. We envy you, Man from the Future.

Originally Posted by Raiko View Post (Source)
    I've also never visited Mitterand Hollow - I have watched it rush past New Africa as I've left Schneider Relay. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can actually manage a landing!
    I'll point you to this:

Originally Posted by ZX Spectrum View Post (Source)
    Mitterand Hollow: You cannot land, the moon lands on you!
    These are the words of wisdom you need.

Intent to race:

CMDR Loulou230
    Eagle Regular
    The Arrow (Eagle)

Day one race time submitted.
    Had much fun on an earlier run, having hit the pad at Mitterand at speed and ended wedged beneath. Stuck fast. 3000 Cr in fines and now a WANTED CMDR. Had to restart in non-Horizons, or I would still be there!

Fly Safe CMDRs, and good luck.

Day one race time submitted.
    Had much fun on an earlier run, having hit the pad at Mitterand at speed and ended wedged beneath. Stuck fast. 3000 Cr in fines and now a WANTED CMDR. Had to restart in non-Horizons, or I would still be there!

Fly Safe CMDRs, and good luck.
    Pigs or it didn't happen!
    If I'm bigger than you, then I'm in charge.
    If you are bigger than me, then you're in charge.
    If anything goes wrong, then he's in charge.
    -- credo of the orc marines

Originally Posted by Ashnak View Post (Source)
    Pigs or it didn't happen!

How long do the trespass bounties actually last?

Most ED bounties only last 10 minutes or an hour, then they become legacy fines when you jump.

So they usually vanish just by doing something else like sleeping.

Not sure how to post my pig here. (Perhaps someone would be so kind as to offer some advice).
    Here is the link to view on imgur

http://imgur.com/gallery/elrDQ

I could quite happily fly around, just could not get out.

Not sure how to post my pig here. (Perhaps someone would be so kind as to offer some advice).
    Here is the link to view on imgur

http://imgur.com/gallery/elrDQ

I could quite happily fly around, just could not get out.
    Log in without horizons and you'll get placed in orbit (which probably means you'll get whacked by the moon any second )

Heh, I have also "successfully" crashed through the pad and gotten stuck.

Did someone on the course send CMDR Jak a friend request? Let me know if you did.

Originally Posted by AkenBosch View Post (Source)
    I indeed tried to find a way to hint at the Mitterand Hollow landing, either with a fitting name for the race or some visual/text hints in the banner. Couldn't come up with anything meaningful, I guess your fix gets the job done pretty well.
    That's no moon that's a Cannon Ball!
    Coming in to land prepare to jump to light speed!
    If at first you can't catch up with Mitterand Hollow slow down and wait for it to hit you.

How do thrusters work, it is simple.

Stuff goes in, stuff happens, stuff comes out VERY fast.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast