Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: PAX West 2017 - Frontier Community Meet (come along and see us!)

Anywhere downtown is going to be expensive because of Pax, so either stay outside of the downtown area or, just find anywhere nearby that's open. My guess is that there are going to be alot of hotel's that will be booked up.

Just a note to you people coming, the area where this event is located is in a very busy area even on a thursday night. There are a lot of other bars and restaurants in the area and parking will be a problem. If you have questions about the area you can post here and i'll try and help.

Originally Posted by CMDR Ellegon View Post (Source)
    Just got the ticket by email. Now hotel accomodation will eat either deep into my wallet or hotel point balance, anybody got some good recommendations?
    I'm staying in Bellevue. The hotels are cheaper though it's farther away (and will cost more to get to and from the event).

Originally Posted by Spacecat View Post (Source)
    I'm staying in Bellevue. The hotels are cheaper though it's farther away (and will cost more to get to and from the event).
    I will stay at the airport, hotel is affordable and within a half block of the next Link Light Rail station. Takes 50 minutes and $3.00 each way to get to Pioneer Square (walking distance to the pub). That way I can enjoy a beer and don't have to worry about the parking situation downtown.

So, I notice it says "Food", but does that mean sandwiches, or pizza or something, or just snacks (I'm fine with whatever)? I'm just wondering if I should eat before I go or not.

When you get to the South East, say around Atlanta, someone let me know ... and I'll be there ...

Chief

R.E.D. (RETIRED AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS)

So, I notice it says "Food", but does that mean sandwiches, or pizza or something, or just snacks (I'm fine with whatever)? I'm just wondering if I should eat before I go or not.
    I don't know what they have planned but if u google the address in the ticket you can see what is on their regular menu.

I will stay at the airport, hotel is affordable and within a half block of the next Link Light Rail station. Takes 50 minutes and $3.00 each way to get to Pioneer Square (walking distance to the pub). That way I can enjoy a beer and don't have to worry about the parking situation downtown.
    If you are going to take the Link Light rail you will want to get off at the convention station or the broadway station. Pike street and East Pike st are about 9 blocks different in addresses. And it is pretty much all up hill from downtown so I'd go with the broadway station. If you are coming from downtown the route 11 or 49 will get you close.

I work for transit here in Seattle so...

Edit: I just remembered this http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/ . Just put in the time you want to be there, and all the rest and it should give you a few ways to get there.

Originally Posted by Phylo View Post (Source)
    If you are going to take the Link Light rail you will want to get off at the convention station or the broadway station. Pike street and East Pike st are about 9 blocks different in addresses. And it is pretty much all up hill from downtown so I'd go with the broadway station. If you are coming from downtown the route 11 or 49 will get you close.

I work for transit here in Seattle so...

Edit: I just remembered this http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/ . Just put in the time you want to be there, and all the rest and it should give you a few ways to get there.
    Thanks, that was very helpful!

Do I have this right: Broadway Station is "Capitol Hill Link Station" on Link?

Thanks, that was very helpful!

Do I have this right: Broadway Station is "Capitol Hill Link Station" on Link?
    Oh, sorry yes. Most people here call it the broadway station but it's official name is Capitol Hill Link Station.

I have a question about the ticket. It says I can bring it as a digital copy. Does that mean I can just show the ticket from my cell phone with the email. I don't have a printer so I was wondering.

I'm pretty sure that's what it means. Might download and save it as an image file in case they want to look at it closer. I see a number on the upper right corner, but don't know if it's unique to each ticket or anything, but highly doubt if that matters.

They offered really awesome food (all varieties) in Cologne on thursday, and in such huge amounts that you couldn't eat it all. If you ask me - go there hungry
    Right on!
    Eisen

Originally Posted by Eisen View Post (Source)
    They offered really awesome food (all varieties) in Cologne on thursday, and in such huge amounts that you couldn't eat it all. If you ask me - go there hungry
    That's what I want to hear!

Does anyone know if tickets are still available? I filled out the Google form *and* sent an email, and I haven't heard anything back. I really want to go to this event, especially as I live close bym but am concerned that it's two days away and I haven't had any response.
    Commander Rex Nebula
    Pilot of "The Slippery Pig"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast