Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: PAX West 2017 - Frontier Community Meet (come along and see us!)

Heading home after a great evening.

Our thanks to Bo, Ed and FDev for arranging an excellent time. Hope you feel better soon Bo and yes Ed Fuel Rats are everywhere.

Safe trip home to all.

Holy crap that was a blast! Great food, great drinks, great hosts! And even better, great commanders! Thanks FDEV for the party!

o7

Good returns here. Pictures ?

Originally Posted by TartanDragon View Post (Source)
    Heading home after a great evening.

Our thanks to Bo, Ed and FDev for arranging an excellent time. Hope you feel better soon Bo and yes Ed Fuel Rats are everywhere.

Safe trip home to all.
    Hi there TD ... glad you finally got to meet at least some of the FD crew. They're pretty damn nice people huh?

(click banner for guides, hint & tips, reference lists and much much more!)

Big thanks to Frontier for setting up the meet! It was great to see Ed and Bo in person and get a chance to thank them for all they do for the community. Lots of CMDR''s there, wish I had got around to talking to more of you!

Media

Pictures linked below! Great meeting fellow CMDRs and the Frontier team. PM me your handles and I'll add you to my crew.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tWgTkEvvGnMn3NDd2

Keep up the great work.

Just got back. I was a few minutes late because I wandered around 10th & Pike instead of E Pike looking for it because I thought it would be closer to the convention center. It was a bit more "nightclub" than "conference" (I was expecting presentations and flowcharts, lol), but that was fine. The open bar was a pleasant surprise. I was weaving around "invisible people on the sidewalk" a bit when I left, but I sobered up wandering around Bellevue at one in the morning trying to find my way back to my motel from the TC, lol. Anyway, it was really nice meeting some of the FD crew. Everybody hosting the event, from the doorman, to the bartenders, to the cooks also did a great job. I had a lot of fun and really appreciate FD doing this.

I unfortunately missed the event by an engine starter motor failing at the moment of my leaving to take the 2 hr drive to Seattle. Looks like it was a good gathering.... maybe next time. Maybe a new truck is in the picture now.
    congrats to those who attended.

Originally Posted by yah-ta-hey View Post (Source)
    I unfortunately missed the event by an engine starter motor failing at the moment of my leaving to take the 2 hr drive to Seattle. Looks like it was a good gathering.... maybe next time. Maybe a new truck is in the picture now.
    congrats to those who attended.
    That sucks. I rented a car, as my car works fine but has over 200,000 miles on it and I didn't want to take any chances.

Ed et al,

Any plans to bring an event to the Philippines? You have a large contingent of players over in SE Asia. Don't just think everyone is in the UK or USA.

Hoping it strikes a nerve?

Cheers!
    Commander shadowwar

Originally Posted by shadowwar View Post (Source)
    Ed et al,

Any plans to bring an event to the Philippines? You have a large contingent of players over in SE Asia. Don't just think everyone is in the UK or USA.

Hoping it strikes a nerve?

Cheers!
    If you think there's enough demand, then you can organise one yourself. Lavecon, elite meet and fantasticon in the uk have been set up and run by fans of the game. Frontier have been very supportive when it comes to these events and I'm quite sure that if you send an email saying you've organised a huge convention in, say, Manilla, they'll probably be fighting each other to be sent over.

Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dfire View Post (Source)
    If you think there's enough demand, then you can organise one yourself. Lavecon, elite meet and fantasticon in the uk have been set up and run by fans of the game. Frontier have been very supportive when it comes to these events and I'm quite sure that if you send an email saying you've organised a huge convention in, say, Manilla, they'll probably be fighting each other to be sent over.
    that could get pretty vicious!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345