View Poll Results: Pick three of these stories

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 01 - cleonymus - First come, first pun.

2 15.38%
  • 02 - JetsonRING - PSA: How To Save The Panda

2 15.38%
  • 03 - Frank - Did You Miss Me?

5 38.46%
  • 04 - RoyalHankey - Wait a minute, wait a minute dinner not ready yet

2 15.38%
  • 05 - Listeri69 - Hitting the ground runny....

3 23.08%
  • 06 - Simoof - The Language Barrier - Yer torking oot yer rrrs

3 23.08%
  • 07 - phong - The presidents threep is missing: or how a drabble that doesn't deserve to be here,is anyway.

3 23.08%
  • 08 - Cmdr Pseudonym - Get a hold of yourself : A real Jerker of a tale....

3 23.08%
  • 09 - psykokow - The Reason

3 23.08%
  • 10 - insanephoton - The Truth about the Thargoid threat

5 38.46%
  • 11 - Alien - Because The Obvious Pun Was Used Already ......

3 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Drabble Short Story Contest #213: Undeserved

Drabble Short Story Contest #213: Undeserved

This is a Drabble contest. Please vote for your favourite Drabble. The subject this week was picked by last week's winner, Simoof and his most excellent story.

His choice was "Undeserved"

Psykokow hosts the Abraka-Drabble live reading show and "comedy" hour at 7pm BST, Fridays on...
    HUTTON ORBITAL RADIO! http://streaming.radionomy.com/HuttonOrbitalRadio (audio only)
    LAVE RADIO! http://laveradio.com/ (audio only)
    TWITCH! http://www.twitch.tv/psykokow/ (audio & visual)
    and will also be uploaded to his You-tube channel & anywhere else he can inflict the world with our drabblings!

Come back on Sunday night to see how well your Drabble has done. At least come back before Monday 15:00 to check if you're the one that has to provide us with a topic.

Please vote. And a plea to all of the contestants, Don't vote for yourself.

01 - cleonymus - First come, first pun.

Around the galaxy there are many strange ceremonies and customs. Often their origins are lost deep in the mists of lore and few rival the annual feast at the Sons of the Soil clothing installation.

It starts with a heady soup served from a tureen in the shape of an inverted helmet.

Next the carving of a huge meatloaf constructed to look like an elite commanders flight suit.

The final course is Y shaped dessert made from creamy gel, smothered in a chocolate coloured sauce, served with a thin yellow custard,

And so the feast ends with the undies served.

02 - JetsonRING - PSA: How To Save The Panda

Nobody will argue that the fate of the Panda was undeserved.
    It was however, necessary.
    With their numbers and habitat dwindling rapidly, a way had to be found to preserve the species, to save them from human hunters and the destruction of their habitat.
    Pandas were eventually saved using genetic engineering.
    3303's adult Panda stands a mere 4 inches high, about chipmunk sized making them very desirable as pets but worthless to hunters seeking furs and making it much easier to provide their only food: Bamboo
    Which, also genetically engineered can grow two feet in a day, in a flowerpot.

Yes, he tunes in and appreciates the feedback . . . o7

03 - Frank - Did You Miss Me?

The cocky little Sidewinder had been to the Engineers and was feeling invincible. He was picking a fight with an Imperial Clipper who thought him too puny to bother with.

The Sidewinder's lasers didn't even register on the Clipper's shields. "You Imperials are too pampered even to wipe yer own bottoms!"

A massive gob of plasma was spat towards the Sidewinder, who just jinked left and swerved around it.

He wasn't prepared for the next plasma blob. Trying to swerve away, it clipped his wing.

There was silence for a while before the Sidewinder piped up "Well! That was under-swerved."

04 - RoyalHankey - Wait a minute, wait a minute dinner not ready yet

Everyone went to Mizzie's, a posh restaurant.
    It was Psykokows recommendation.
    They all sat at a large table.
    There was Psykokow, Simoof, Moose666, Frank, RoyalHankey, Alien and Simon Winnard.
    They looked at the menu, and for some reason everyone picked chef's surprise.
    While waiting they all were talking about previous drabbles.
    RoyalHankey said "My best Drabble was the Waypoint Scoop one".
    Simoof said "Mine was my Red Dwarf 2 one, with you are Sol".
    Psykokow replied stating "FUFU"
    The Waiter came and delivered everyone's starters
    It was steaming hot underwear
    Psykokow said "Whats this!!!!".
    The Waiter replied "Starters, undies served"

05 - Listeri69 - Hitting the ground runny....

The Galympic games were an event of epic proportions.
    The opening ceremony itself took a fortnight to complete.
    Some host worlds were better than others for setting records.
    Chuck Fermiles record 50 mile javelin throw was unlikely to be beaten, as well as the weightlifting record of two anacondas strapped to a bar .
    The 2.8g gravity world chosen for this years events caused some undeserved criticism especially in the trampolining and marathon.
    There was also a posthumous gold medal awarded to Simoof in the diving, after they recovered his shattered bones and last shart from the bottom of the pool.

06 - Simoof - The Language Barrier - Yer torking oot yer rrrs

He sat embarrassed about the attention he was receiving.
    The parade - too much. The press junkets. Hailed as a hero.
    He had saved an entire planet. That was true.
    And yes, it was without a single shot fired.
    But everyone was starting to grow tired of his modesty.
    "What did you say to the Thargoids that made them turn and flee?"
    He would be grilled by the military, he was in no doubt about that.
    That would be a bad day.
    The day the world finds out that when I saw the Thargoids on the video-screen.. fear induced a farrrrrrrrrrt.

07 - phong - The presidents threep is missing: or how a drabble that doesn't deserve to be here,is anyway.

'I'm sorry sir,that's the situation as it stands.It's gone rogue.We must prep for immediate surgery.There is no other option.'
    "But it's survived till now.Good god man,it's still alive.Taking it out now would be tantamount to murder and the High Council will in no circumstances sanction execution of its own operatives in the field,no matter how much 'the greater good'."
    "oh,don't worry about that ,sir.It will be well taken care of,and eventually we'll find it a new home.This planet has plenty of bald men who would love to adopt."

08 - Cmdr Pseudonym - Get a hold of yourself : A real Jerker of a tale....

Cmdr Skiprat loved danger, he especially loved a good danger wanq.
    he flicked idly in the waiting room of one of Dongkums elected officials
    He remembered his first danger wanq, knowing his parents were in the next room
    he was still shocked when his dad walked in. Even more shocked when he helped him finish off..
    But that was the kind of place Dongkum was. Everyone is willing to help.
    The door burst open and skiprat shoved his sausage away, tearing it slightly on his fly
    it was too late the scare had made him excited as he undie splurged..

09 - psykokow - The Reason

A solitary tear rolled down his cheek. He sniffed, picked up his crew carry bag and stepped out of the Type-9 hold.
    It hadn’t been his finest hour, that was for sure... but fired?
    It got worse, guards waited for him on the landing pad. Two of them approached and slipped his wrists into a pair of restrictors.
    “Come On” he pleaded
    “Sorry, you have been charged”
    “I was desperate, and there was someone in the cubicle, and yes I know it was an expensive scientific experiment, but It was closest”
    “Sorry, we’re arresting you for cannibalism”
    “Oh that, RIGHT..”

10 - insanephoton - The Truth about the Thargoid threat

The Thargoids were unhappy. For years they had lived with an undeserved reputation for being mindlessly hostile and aggressive. Just because a pair of unscrupulous rogues had blamed the Thargoids for their pirate attacks. The ensuing war had hit them hard. They wanted to avoid another all out war but the humans were paranoid so just suing for peace wasn't an option. That's when they came up with the civil war plan. They would pretend to be divided and one group would ask for help against the other. It was far from ideal but should ensure that the majority survived.

11 - Alien - Because The Obvious Pun Was Used Already ......

Private Parts, I need a sit rep on the situation.
    Sir, all men are dead.
    What about Des
    Who's Des?
    You know, Dangerous Des
    Is he this high?
    Yes
    Black hair?
    Yes
    Tattoos everywhere?
    Yes
    With a trumble as a pet?
    Until he woke up the next morning with a thousand of them
    He survived
    He did?
    Yes
    But you said everyone was dead
    All but him
    How did he kill the enemy? Did he skillfully take them out one at a time?
    No, he ran away
    But you said he killed everyone, how'd he do it?
    "Um, Des swerved."

Audio version to come SOOON

Well done insanephoton, and thanks to everyone for their votes. I'm not going to look too closely at the fact my joint win was for the topic "Undeserved"

Seeing all the events that are happening right now, I think we need reminding that our fellow humans can be nice to each other. That's why my half of the topic is going to be "Charity"