Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Polaris Permit Request for Expedition

Polaris Permit Request for Expedition

I am the expedition leader for the Miskatonic University Galactic Expedition 3303 - 3304

On the 20th August We are travelling to each of the systems mentioned by the author HP Lovecraft to celebrate his life. (see the link for details)

Unfortunately one of the stars, Polaris is permit locked and there is no known way of getting a permit.

I saw that a while ago you teleported some players to a cluster of stars 16,000ly outside of the galactic plane. I was hoping you might be able to make such an indulgance for myself or one of more of our expedition to either teleport us into Polaris or provide a temporary permit so that we can travel there and take some screenshots.

I appreciate that Polaris is permit locked because there are things that Mankind was never meant to know or because of elder beings whose very existance would drive us to madness and suicide. However I would be prepared to sign any non-disclosure agreement and allow you veto over any revelations from within the system.

My commander name is LCU No Fool Like One

I look forward to your response

oooo possible homeworld if no permit available bookmarked thanks for the tip, perhapse i may see dead people doh wrong system thats solaris Alpha Ursae Minoris
    the north star might have kown! last time I got close was frontier elite 2
    as for no disclosure agreement or temp permit I would say you have two hopes bob and no

No player should be granted special treatment.

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    No player should be granted special treatment.
    see what I mean!

yea but what exactly? I could do the same if I flew out there? none of the places they visited were permit locked as far as I am aware
    if fd wish to lock a system for dev purposes and not issue permits that's the end of the story no ifs or buts period.
    the only way I can see this being broken is if you said to fd I wish to contribute a really silly amount of money into the development of this game and when I say silly I mean in the millions scale then I am sure ceo david braben would consider it and put it to the board
    and after taking the money I would just permit lock one of the other 400 billion stars

You can't fly out there because no FSD can reach it.

I have no expectation that FDEV will allow me to vist Polaris but if you don't ask you won't get.

you have not heard of the nutron super highway I presume I suggest you research it.............
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ky54mJmASc
    then say oh wow cool o7 (afmu and a fuel scoop is a no brainer if heading out there and possibly some extra fuel tanks)
    I would also suggest the last legs of your return to civilised space be done in a private group or solo unless your convoy is well guarded
    I cant argue with your second statement having Vulcan logic in the blood so to speak

Yes. I have used the neutron super highway many times. However this location is 16kly away from the nearest star. Even a supercharged FSD cannot reach it.

Fdev teleported them there and they had to suicide backto the bubble.

Im glad they did as the views are stunning.

oh in that case if that is true then indeed you are correct and that does reek of special treatment not awarded to everyone which is despite the vistas we get to gaze at unfair on other explorers like your party I stand corrected.

The system that they got transported to wasn't a "known star" of the night sky. Polaris is the North Star from Earth. That makes it particularly special and Frontier have permit locked it for a reason. Just like you can't land on the Moon because it's permit locked.

If/when Frontier device to issue permits or allow access to Polaris, you can join everyone else in getting the required permit. Until then, no, you shouldn't receive special treatment.

well apprently if you take the 2nd star to the right and straight on till morning

Amusingly enough this is a plea that might at least have got a cursory hearing a few months back because if I recall correctly Michael Brookes is a Lovecraft fan. Since he's no longer working on the game though, my guess would be that you have no chance.

Of course, if they did agree and you signed an NDA preventing you from telling us we'd never know anyway

Originally Posted by Red Anders View Post (Source)
    Amusingly enough this is a plea that might at least have got a cursory hearing a few months back because if I recall correctly Michael Brookes is a Lovecraft fan. Since he's no longer working on the game though, my guess would be that you have no chance.

Of course, if they did agree and you signed an NDA preventing you from telling us we'd never know anyway
    If only I had thought of asking months ago when I set the expedition up.

the trouble with people like lovecraft,turing, my list could go on ect is if they were born today they would still be ahead of there time...............................
    good luck with your expedition anyhoot o7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast