Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Polaris Permit Request for Expedition

The trip has started and I am keeping a log.

https://www.edsm.net/en/user/diary/i...+Fool+Like+One

I have been putting some thought into the Polaris problem. The authorities have still not granted a permit so I am unable to jump into the system. However the nearest star is 5 light years distant and the top speed of supercruise is 3000c. By my calculations it should take around 15 hours or so to cover the distance allowing for acceleration.

Granted that deceleration may take some time and I might overshoot the system in seconds but if there is a chance I will take it.

There has been some talk in scientific circles about such mumbo jumbo as sky boxes , loading screens and time dilation effects of travelling at such speeds but I say poppycock! I shall load up the python with auxilliary fuel tanks and will blaze a trail to Polaris.

I shall reach Polaris or die trying!

poraris is permet locked with good resion it where the war with the thargoids started in 84

Originally Posted by gublok View Post (Source)
    poraris is permet locked with good resion it where the war with the thargoids started in 84
    What better reason do I have for seeking knowledge of the great old ones there.

4. This is the last staff post in this thread. #19
    Hey CMDR.

Your journey sounds fantastic but I regret that we won't be able to allow you to bypass the permit lock on Polaris.

Sincere apologies and all the best on your travels.

ill be very intrested on how you fair as I don't think the game engine itself works as you are led to believe though It may say more than 1 year at that speed for eg I don't think its possible to cruise to a system as its all computer instances(separate maps joind by download whilst an hyperspace animation is playing) that are not linked in anyway I think...................
    but I admire you persistence in attempting it none the less
    I would calculate micro metotite damage would stripp the hull to bones b4 you got close even with x 2 afmu probably judjing by a hutton orbital trip
    like the totally in character log btw

Originally Posted by CMDR Luna View Post (Source)
    Hey CMDR.

Your journey sounds fantastic but I regret that we won't be able to allow you to bypass the permit lock on Polaris.

Sincere apologies and all the best on your travels.
    Thank you CMDR Luna for giving my request consideration.

As a member of a respected educational institution I was of course obliged to put a request through formal channels. The Arch Chancellor of the Miskatonic University will not sanction an illegal passage to Polaris. But what does that fool know of serious scientific enquiry. He knows nothing, NOTHING! I will not be disuaded. I will get there by fair means or foul. I must know... for the sake of mankind... what lies within the baleful influence of that hateful star. I have dreamt of going there snce my childhood. I have been drawn to it.. it is the source of my distrurbing dreams.

Last night as a gazed out of my canopy I saw the Pole Star, fluttering as if alive, and leering like a fiend and tempter. Methought its spirit whispered evil counsel, soothing me to traitorous somnolence with a damnable rhythmical promise which it repeated over and over:

Slumber, watcher, till the spheres
    Six and twenty thousand years
    Have revolv’d, and I return
    To the spot where now I burn.
    Other stars anon shall rise
    To the axis of the skies;
    Stars that soothe and stars that bless
    With a sweet forgetfulness:
    Only when my round is o’er
    Shall the past disturb thy door.
    I shall go there with or without your consent. And you then you'll see.. I'll show them all.. Braben, the Dean and the damnable Arch Chancellor. Mwahahaha! You'll see.

Originally Posted by STRONTIUM DOG View Post (Source)
    ill be very intrested on how you fair as I don't think the game engine itself works as you are led to believe though It may say more than 1 year at that speed for eg I don't think its possible to cruise to a system as its all computer instances(separate maps joind by download whilst an hyperspace animation is playing) that are not linked in anyway I think...................
    but I admire you persistence in attempting it none the less
    I would calculate micro metotite damage would stripp the hull to bones b4 you got close even with x 2 afmu probably judjing by a hutton orbital trip
    like the totally in character log btw
    I have heard these theories of instances and loading screens and it is true that none have succeded in the past, but they are intellectual minows to my genius and if two AFMU are not enough then shall not repeat their errors. I shall carry four! Not three! Four!

Though the risks are great I will in the spirit of all great scientific pioneers record my success.. or failure for posterity.

This kind of reminds me of me when I first started. "Look out galaxy!!! Here I come whether you're ready or not!!" And the galaxy thought, "Great!! Another insignificant speck with delusions of grandeur!"

Originally Posted by LCU No Fool Like One View Post (Source)
    Cool video - but there are a lot of people wanting to be the first to get their mitts on Polaris...

Z...

Originally Posted by Zeeman View Post (Source)
    Cool video - but there are a lot of people wanting to be the first to get their mitts on Polaris...

Z...
    Polaris is MINE. Keep your mitts off.

unlinked maps afmu's or fuel tanks either ways tis folly ..............................
    but all the same against insurmountable odds I hope you manage to go where no cmdr has gone before.....................................
    well at least know one will be able to find you much less dig you up
    a fitting tribute to lovecraft methinks

Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    Polaris is MINE. Keep your mitts off.
    One day man will make it there.

They will find an elw.

It will be called Chiggy Was Here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12