Thread: Looking for guidance

Looking for guidance

Howdy, hello and welcome!

[PC Player]

So some time ago I played elite for 2-3 weeks or so. Due to lack of time I gave my account away to a friend, he gave it to his friend, etc. etc... and yes. It is gone now.
    Nevertheless I've decided to buy Elite again and come back.

I didnt get much experience during this few weeks when I played elite, thats because I was playing all alone, using only tutorials and guides.
    Im looking for a team who could take me under it's wings and help me to start out - give me advices, introduce me to the basics of exploration and PvP/PvE fights, and also a company that I can actively play with, when I achieve somenthing better than a sidewinger.

Will anyone help me out?

sorry as for myself I am a lone wolf but I can assure you loads of offers will come your way soon......................... as you are in the right place
    (I don't play often enough but you will find me in the Mobius groupe ocassionaly around the sol system area give or take 200 ly sometimes https://elitepve.com/page/join and will wing up and guide if on) same cmdr name only on pc mind, so make sure you specify what machine you are playing on

I will visit Sol for sure (always wanted to), thanks!

Im running PC version (specified it now).

Im looking for a "long time" mentors and team though.

Originally Posted by hultongetty View Post (Source)
    Howdy, hello and welcome!
    [PC Player]
    So some time ago I played elite for 2-3 weeks or so. Due to lack of time I gave my account away to a friend, he gave it to his friend, etc. etc... and yes. It is gone now.
    Nevertheless I've decided to buy Elite again and come back.
    I didnt get much experience during this few weeks when I played elite, thats because I was playing all alone, using only tutorials and guides.
    Im looking for a team who could take me under it's wings and help me to start out - give me advices, introduce me to the basics of exploration and PvP/PvE fights, and also a company that I can actively play with, when I achieve somenthing better than a sidewinger.
    Will anyone help me out?
    First, if you haven't already, change out the HALF-size cargo racks that came with your starter sidewinder for FULL size cargo racks. This instantly doubles your cargo capacity and potentially doubles your profit from cargo. Keeping enough credit back for the Rebuy, purchase the best, highest rated Frame Shift Drive (FSD) module you can afford, to get the legs needed for completing missions in a Sidewinder. Learn to avoid and escape interdictions and you can even remove the Sidewinder's weapons for more jump range. o7

Thanks for all the tips. As I metioned before, I dont really seek any web guides, just looking for company that could help me in real-time and also, later on someone that I could explore/fight with.

Have you checked out INARA. I have a wing on there however I and my wingmate are Xbox players so that probably doesn't help. You can filter wings by platform and they will say whether they welcome newcomers plus you can get a general feel for if they are your kinda group or not.

My wing is here:
    https://inara.cz/wing/2575/

As I said, we are Xbox based currently though actively recruiting any players of any background as we wish to begin a minor faction in game. Click on other wings if you want something more immediate and you'll be on the page where you can find some PC players.

Good luck out there.

Thanks for all the tips. As I metioned before, I dont really seek any web guides, just looking for company that could help me in real-time and also, later on someone that I could explore/fight with.
    Hey mate! Sorry I have been away so I didn't see this until just today. I know your feeling, and can definitely help you out. ClanAOD has nearly 100 active members from all sorts of timezones. AOD is a straight up old-school gaming clan. Teamwork and strong community is the key to our nearly two decades of gaming success. We are a really tight knit community and have a wide range of player skillset, meaning we have people as green as a leaf and as seasoned as 1000+ hrs in game can make you. We field answers to questions all the time and have a great group of officers who are always willing and ready to set aside what they are doing to help our folks out. We can provide you all of the mentorship and community that you are looking for. In exchange, we ask that you use teamspeak when you are in game, abide by our code of conduct, and enjoy yourself. If that sounds like something you can get behind, check us out and put in an application at www.clanaod.net.

I will visit Sol for sure (always wanted to), thanks!

Im running PC version (specified it now).

Im looking for a "long time" mentors and team though.
    Hey there, if you're looking for help and advice then head to the Galactic Acadamy. Discord link is in my signature

We're good people, we can get you where you wanna go! Loads of people here to coach you, myself and Anvil included.