Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Multi-crew is so broken it's unusable!

Originally Posted by Arindor View Post (Source)
    Let's face it, what's the point of MC if you can't be a gunner?
    And from the Helm's point of view... "What's the point of MC if it takes away my guns?"

I guarantee 9/10 people who open up their ship to MC just want an extra pip and a second fighter pilot, that's it! lol

Originally Posted by Cypher2139 View Post (Source)
    And from the Helm's point of view... "What's the point of MC if it takes away my guns?"

I guarantee 9/10 people who open up their ship to MC just want an extra pip and a second fighter pilot, that's it! lol
    Or just to have your mates onboard who do not have access to a pimped out explorer and take them along for a ride, get them some lightyears and some money from scan data. But nope, that's apparently a sin against the universe and an exploit and was removed during the beta. Heaven forbid you can use MC outside of a CZ.

And even if you have a full crew of people you trust, try and fly around a bit like that. I assure you there's a very high chance your crewmates will CTD if you dare to actually travel. And let's not get started on synching issues and false bounties from ships that are hostile to your gunner, but not to the helm.

Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post (Source)
    Or just to have your mates onboard who do not have access to a pimped out explorer and take them along for a ride, get them some lightyears and some money from scan data. But nope, that's apparently a sin against the universe and an exploit and was removed during the beta. Heaven forbid you can use MC outside of a CZ.

And even if you have a full crew of people you trust, try and fly around a bit like that. I assure you there's a very high chance your crewmates will CTD if you dare to actually travel. And let's not get started on synching issues and false bounties from ships that are hostile to your gunner, but not to the helm.
    Exactly this! I joined an explorer once and spent 30 minutes in his ship until he told me I get nothing for the scans! What even is the point joining an explorer ship if you don't get exploration data or rank??

And I had EXACTLY the same issue with the ghost bounty, me, my NPC crew and my human crew were showing as wanted but with no bounty in the transaction panel.

We eventually realised that only my human crew was actually wanted, so he paid his bounty and left, at which point I immediately became clean again. So full of bugs it's unreal.

Originally Posted by Arindor View Post (Source)
    Let's face it, what's the point of MC if you can't be a gunner?
    Ye, I'm wondering, too.

All the cogs and wheels stay still if it is the People's will.

Originally Posted by jasonbarron View Post (Source)
    I see some of you ganging up on 'ol Punished, but it seems from my perspective that the fact that we're even having this discussion is proof enough that there is a real problem with MC.

Also, I know for a fact that he has a Vette and is constantly in PvP battle with it, how many of you guys who are running down his points really have any experience with the mechanic?
    I have no experience with it mate but you know what; the question we should probably be asking is why that is? (You already answered it in your first sentence, obviously - it's because it looks pretty much like a bag of crap to me.)

It doesn't change the fact that this is what you will get if you invite randoms into your ship and anybody who thinks about it for five seconds must surely know that.

Say for example I decided to have a look at multi-pew tonight and ended up in his ship; he isn't going to know that my last pvp fight was over a year ago and that I've never multi-crewed before and I'm not going to know that he only wants people on board with whom he can build up an almost telepathic level of understanding pretty much immediately, or that from what he wrote I assume he only wants piloting fighters.

On top of that he can bellow 'GET OUT OF THE GUNNER'S SEAT' as many times as he wants and it won't change the fact that if I've never used or even seen the multicrew interface up to that point then especially with the interface in this game (see selecting a faction in a CZ for an example of just how bizarre the location of some things are) I'm probably not going to manage it immediately.

On the one hand I do get that he doesn't want to be trying to offer instruction to people whilst he's got a face full of plasma but on the other hand, with that attitude nobody is ever going to learn anything. Since they decided not to implement any kind of npc multicrew, the option that is usually available to players to get a handle on basic game mechanics (fanny about with it in solo until you at least know where the commands are) just isn't there.

The fact he doesn't want to be bothered with all that is fine, really - the middle of a fight is no time to be trying to help someone get their training wheels off. But given that right now this is what multicrew offers, the sensible thing to do until it changes (lol) is simply not allow anybody on board whose skill set doesn't meet your requirements and since there's no way to determine that ahead of time, the only way to do it is to only allow people on board whom you already know.

Importing random crew in the middle of a PvP fight just seems like an exercise in self flagellation. Why would you do that?

we need GRANULAR PERMISSIONS.
    Sorry in advance, but I think the word you're after is : gradual. Granular does look a bit odd to me

On topic, yeah well, suggestions are a good thing I guess, but if I look at powerplay or CQC, 2 years later, well... I will not personally bother giving my suggestions for multi-crew.

Python nerf - Voice your opinion :

--> [Poll] Standardized community feedback regarding Python changes
    <--

All this seems fair criticism.

The biggest mistake with multi crew though, was releasing it before they had figure out how to allow SRV use in multicrew.

It totally destroys it's use in anything but the most boring elements of the game (farming a RES/conflict zone)

Oh, yeah, let's take the fed gunship and assault a surface base! oh right... you'll have to log out of the multicrew session while I get into the SRV and scan stuff. Yay.

Ok then, let's go to all the cool thargoid relate---... it's on planet surfaces, and the newest stuff REQUIRES an SRV to even enter, so... no.

Originally Posted by Yank31 View Post (Source)
    Sorry in advance, but I think the word you're after is : gradual. Granular does look a bit odd to me

On topic, yeah well, suggestions are a good thing I guess, but if I look at powerplay or CQC, 2 years later, well... I will not personally bother giving my suggestions for multi-crew.
    No 'Granular' was a perfect use of the word.

On topic... Multiple accounts is the way to use MC... Extra pips and she looks great and doesn't answer back !

My crew often demands a special type of the fighter. Guess what, I have to disband my crew to be able to get into the outfittings and change my fighter bay and then I have to invite them again!

My crew often is angry about me saying I do the "wrong job". They hired as a crew member on a random vessel via the "bounty hunting" role, but Imo is going to work in the conflict zones!
    > 26 weeks playing <

After re-engineering my Corvette into a more PVP friendly setup this morning I thought I'd go and see what was happening around Kaushpoos in Open.
    And therein was the mistake made... you did this in Open. That's the equivalent of hot-gluing $100 bills to your naked body and walking in to an BDS&M brothel and saying "I've been bad, someone take my money."

Never invite complete strangers in Open. Only invite people you know, or this is exactly what will happen, because it's Open and it can, so it does.

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    And therein was the mistake made... you did this in Open. That's the equivalent of hot-gluing $100 bills to your naked body and walking in to an BDS&M brothel and saying "I've been bad, someone take my money."
    Yeah, I'm never doing that again.

Originally Posted by Red Anders View Post (Source)
    I have no experience with it mate but you know what; the question we should probably be asking is why that is? (You already answered it in your first sentence, obviously - it's because it looks pretty much like a bag of crap to me.)

It doesn't change the fact that this is what you will get if you invite randoms into your ship and anybody who thinks about it for five seconds must surely know that.

Say for example I decided to have a look at multi-pew tonight and ended up in his ship; he isn't going to know that my last pvp fight was over a year ago and that I've never multi-crewed before and I'm not going to know that he only wants people on board with whom he can build up an almost telepathic level of understanding pretty much immediately, or that from what he wrote I assume he only wants piloting fighters.

On top of that he can bellow 'GET OUT OF THE GUNNER'S SEAT' as many times as he wants and it won't change the fact that if I've never used or even seen the multicrew interface up to that point then especially with the interface in this game (see selecting a faction in a CZ for an example of just how bizarre the location of some things are) I'm probably not going to manage it immediately.

On the one hand I do get that he doesn't want to be trying to offer instruction to people whilst he's got a face full of plasma but on the other hand, with that attitude nobody is ever going to learn anything. Since they decided not to implement any kind of npc multicrew, the option that is usually available to players to get a handle on basic game mechanics (fanny about with it in solo until you at least know where the commands are) just isn't there.

The fact he doesn't want to be bothered with all that is fine, really - the middle of a fight is no time to be trying to help someone get their training wheels off. But given that right now this is what multicrew offers, the sensible thing to do until it changes (lol) is simply not allow anybody on board whose skill set doesn't meet your requirements and since there's no way to determine that ahead of time, the only way to do it is to only allow people on board whom you already know.
    It took you so long to respond to this that I consider it old news, and frankly speaking I moved on with my life.

Originally Posted by Red Anders View Post (Source)
    Yeah, I'm never doing that again.
    This, on the other hand, has some potential.
    Quitting the game to play the forum full time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345