Page 122 of 184 FirstFirst ... 117120121122123124127 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2754

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Player Groups and Minor Factions - General Discussion

Originally Posted by ollieclark View Post (Source)
    Have you registered a Player Group with them though? AFAIK Will sent the email out to all registered Player Groups but if you haven't (been able to) register you player group yet, you wouldn't have got the email.
    Yes first thing I did. Then I was told, I believe on here that I wouldn’t hear anything. So after waiting two weeks we entered our minor faction paperwork. We waited until we had not just a decent size, but most of the group was active and looking to do BGS work.

Originally Posted by Curvemn17 View Post (Source)
    Yes first thing I did. Then I was told, I believe on here that I wouldn’t hear anything. So after waiting two weeks we entered our minor faction paperwork. We waited until we had not just a decent size, but most of the group was active and looking to do BGS work.
    Yes. The official submission threat even tells you don't hear anything until you are either in or out.
    That's why most of us are disappointed cause we don't ever know what the status is.

Still Will might contact you for the front end which is your player group.

3. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1818
    Hey folks,

I wanted to quickly just clarify some of the paraphrased quotes mentioned here so I can ensure there’s no risk of misinformation spreading!

For those that may not know, Player Groups are how we define a collection of players who operate both ingame and out-of-game. By registering a group, it's your way of letting us know that you exist and that, if required, we can support and promote your activities; be that running an event, sharing an article or engaging with other player groups (and more!) If you want to register your group with us, you can do it here. As for Player Minor Factions, these are ingame extension of Player Groups, who - by playing the game and operating in service of their Minor Faction ingame - can spread their influence through the galaxy. So, while Player Minor Factions require a Player Group, not all Player Groups require a Player Minor Faction.

So while I'm the point-of-contact for Player Groups, it's Brett who manages the Player Minor Faction system and application process. While these are indeed linked, if I receive queries about PMFs, it's usually a question I then direct to Brett. To cut out the middle-man, I encourage players to reach out to Brett directly so he can give them an update on the current status of their application.

As it stands, and as you well know, there’s been a bit of a delay in Player Minor Faction applications – we understand this, and we’re currently internally looking at a way to improve the system. However, with the release of Beyond - Chapter One (amongst other things), it means that this is something we’re still working on. I understand it’s frustrating but the moment we have news to share about the PMF system, and the previously submitted/pending PMFs, we’ll let the community know.

I hope that clarifies a few things - but if you have any questions, please let me know!

Originally Posted by Curvemn17 View Post (Source)
    Theoretically? Man I wish it still worked that way. I got automated confirmation emails from google docs. Nothing from FDev or Will that would let me know they received those emails. Our group is new and expects nothing at this time considering we are bottom of the totem pole, but if we were suppose to receive that communication it is worrisome. I was under the impression I should hear nothing but silence an IF I heard something then that was bad.
    Hey! When did you receive your email? It could be that I sent the email out before your group was confirmed with us. Either way, drop me an email as Auronio said, I'm happy to hear from you!

Originally Posted by Kenjiro View Post (Source)
    Interesteing... you got an email from someone at FDev? The gods really must love you

I never got one. Nor got a response from a PM.
    If it's related to Player Groups, drop me an email and let me know what you and your group are up to!

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Hey folks,

I wanted to quickly just clarify some of the paraphrased quotes mentioned here so I can ensure there’s no risk of misinformation spreading!

For those that may not know, Player Groups are how we define a collection of players who operate both ingame and out-of-game. By registering a group, it's your way of letting us know that you exist and that, if required, we can support and promote your activities; be that running an event, sharing an article or engaging with other player groups (and more!) If you want to register your group with us, you can do it here. As for Player Minor Factions, these are ingame extension of Player Groups, who - by playing the game and operating in service of their Minor Faction ingame - can spread their influence through the galaxy. So, while Player Minor Factions require a Player Group, not all Player Groups require a Player Minor Faction.

So while I'm the point-of-contact for Player Groups, it's Brett who manages the Player Minor Faction system and application process. While these are indeed linked, if I receive queries about PMFs, it's usually a question I then direct to Brett. To cut out the middle-man, I encourage players to reach out to Brett directly so he can give them an update on the current status of their application.

As it stands, and as you well know, there’s been a bit of a delay in Player Minor Faction applications – we understand this, and we’re currently internally looking at a way to improve the system. However, with the release of Beyond - Chapter One (amongst other things), it means that this is something we’re still working on. I understand it’s frustrating but the moment we have news to share about the PMF system, and the previously submitted/pending PMFs, we’ll let the community know.

I hope that clarifies a few things - but if you have any questions, please let me know!

Hey! When did you receive your email? It could be that I sent the email out before your group was confirmed with us. Either way, drop me an email as Auronio said, I'm happy to hear from you!

If it's related to Player Groups, drop me an email and let me know what you and your group are up to!
    Will thank you for the response! This is great to get some clarification. As with anything the more translations there are the more the story sutebly shifts. I will reach out.

No worries. I sent you an email yesterday and you did reply

Originally Posted by Kenjiro View Post (Source)
    No worries. I sent you an email yesterday and you did reply
    Will, I think what your getting here is the reflection of how Frontier community management was being handled in the past. I don't mean to insult anybody but not hearing anything nor getting answers from the CM's has painted a somewhat darkish picture around the Community Management part of the game.

That was until you came along, I don't know how you do it, but you're everywhere all the time!

You're like a genie, I don't want to use all my wishes at once lol.

That's why I won't tell you that the US affiliate links are still not working... for over a month now ...

THAT WASN'T A WISH!

You're the best!

Thanks for the update Will, hoping for more news soon!

o7

Justa checking in. Saw post by Will, great effort in clarifying playergroups. Hoping for news or some sort of update soon with regards to pmfs.

Originally Posted by Auronio View Post (Source)
    Yes. The official submission threat even tells you don't hear anything until you are either in or out.
    That's why most of us are disappointed cause we don't ever know what the status is.

Still Will might contact you for the front end which is your player group.
    It's mighty nice to receive an update from you Will. Although I think that at this point the community would much more receive something official by Brett, if anything. Last update was in January... nobody likes waiting, especially when playing a game with a grand scope as this one.

Thanks for the communication, Will! Hugely appreciated.

I sent an Email to you on the 22nd of last month but there has been no reply, yet. Just wondering if it got lost in the sea of other mails. If so, would you like for me to send another mail, making it easier to find for you? I'll probably do so on the 15th without confirmation so if it's not necessary you may contact me before then.

CMDR The Asleep Bear

Hey folks,
    Thank you Will for the post.

Thank you Will for the communication. Good to have clarification on who is who. Admittedly my group would fail the application process if it went through right at this moment due to expansions and that we did not originally know the max number. We are working hard to turn things round right now so I ask that if this process be streamlined, then is it possible to do away with straight rejections for full systems. Rather I believe a deferment would be more appropriate, perhaps a period of a month, in which the group can turn things round and avoid starting all over again. Obviously lore violations, permit locked, lore important, rare goods systems and all the rest would still land a straight rejection. I'm specifically saying that after all delays, some groups may need a grace period in which to fix things. I hope if this idea is liked by you and other player groups that it may find its way into the streamlined version of this process.

Originally Posted by Van R Flyheight View Post (Source)
    Thank you Will for the communication. Good to have clarification on who is who. Admittedly my group would fail the application process if it went through right at this moment due to expansions and that we did not originally know the max number. We are working hard to turn things round right now so I ask that if this process be streamlined, then is it possible to do away with straight rejections for full systems. Rather I believe a deferment would be more appropriate, perhaps a period of a month, in which the group can turn things round and avoid starting all over again. Obviously lore violations, permit locked, lore important, rare goods systems and all the rest would still land a straight rejection. I'm specifically saying that after all delays, some groups may need a grace period in which to fix things. I hope if this idea is liked by you and other player groups that it may find its way into the streamlined version of this process.
    I second this suggestion. At least one of our chosen systems is now full (7 NPC factions) because 2 expanded to that location. And we know so well that this case plagues some other "PMFs" who are waiting to be born.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this. I have been telling my people the same thing for months but it is nice to have a message from FDev to show them so everyone can breath a little bit more. Especially me. Lol O7 All!

Hey folks,

Will and mates,

Following Will's recommendation I just have tried to get a private message to Brett C via this forum, unfortunately I get the following message:

Brett C has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Hence it looks like currently messages to Brett won't be delivered and consequently also can't be answered.

Best regards
    Auronio