Page 139 of 184 FirstFirst ... 134137138139140141144 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2754

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Player Groups and Minor Factions - General Discussion

Originally Posted by CMDR Steuer View Post (Source)
    HOW LONG ARE YOU AND YOUR GROUP WAITING?
    June 2017. August 2017 is the last time we (the Sisters of Meropis) heard anything.

Originally Posted by CMDR Steuer View Post (Source)
    just a question:
    HOW LONG ARE YOU AND YOUR GROUP WAITING?

THX
    CMDR STEU3R
    Still WAITING since AUGUST 2017!
    The Empires Fleet
    April 17
    Got a silent reject and lost a lot of time in the meanwhile

Morning Brett

With PAX east out of the way, is there any further news on the list you mentioned - the one that looked like there maybe 40 rejections from the first pass?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    Hi folks, a small update, currently looking at around 40ish factions (this may rise on the final pass) that are going to end up rejected according to our first pass done by the dev team.

Before I get more PM's and bombarded with people wanting to know: I am awaiting a list of approved and rejected minor factions.
    Brett,

Why not release the list of factions that you know have been rejected now?

I see nothing to gain from holding onto that information, but it will frustrate and possibly anger people who could have resubmitted their application as soon as they knew.

Your last update on the list was back in December 2017. We are now in Q2 2018!
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ormation/page2

Trickling information about rejections on a weekly basis would be good for the community. That way you will also not have to contend with a mass influx of reapplications in one go either!

Please put the rejections out of their misery and let us all know sooner rather than later.

Anyone with me on this guys and gals?

Regards,
    Gus

Originally Posted by gushaines View Post (Source)
    Brett,

I see nothing to gain from holding onto that information, but it will frustrate and possibly anger people who could have resubmitted their application as soon as they knew.

Trickling information about rejections on a weekly basis would be good for the community. That way you will also not have to contend with a mass influx of reapplications in one go either!

Please put the rejections out of their misery and let us all know sooner rather than later.

Regards,
    Gus
    Yeah thats a good idea - at least then we can get on with re-applying and like you say, will stop a truckload of re-applications wazzing though on the same day

Rep'd
    o7

Brett,

Regards,
    Gus
    Well said. From what i can gather our PMF is facing a second rejection, a 4 month wait from our second application is too long without news. I fear that under the current format of application we could be waiting well over a year to get accepted. For me and others this is just too long, and i know i have mentioned this before but doing BGS just to keep a space open for your faction is soul destroying when you have barely any communication.

What are the reasons for the 7 Faction limit? and why was this never mentioned in the application thread?

I love this game, I loved the original but things are different now... I'm no longer a kid who has hours and hours to waste on a game. My time is limited and too valuable to spend keeping factions at bay especially when you have no idea if your PMF application is being looked at next week, next month, 3 months or whenever "Tom the work experience kid" has been asked to check the systems you have applied for!

I'm not a one game player, but i was for sooo long after Elite Dangerous came out. Now though..... I switch on the xbox and dont even consider it anymore. I can always find something else to do, with an objective. The objective for us as a PMF was too build something, to carve out our own part of the galaxy. Something to relate too. The one thing Elite Dangerous lacks is clear objectives.... sure you can say becoming ELITE, or getting a certain ship and so on are objectives. But when you have played for as long as you have and you have done all of these things..... what else is there?

The PMF. An identity, a community and an objective.

For myself and most of my group now, without those things it's just not engaging enough.

September 2017 here, all Brett can respond with is "waiting on engineering staff"

What is aggravating to me is the fact that people are still on this waiting list a full year later; and I know for a fact that some waited over 12 months and walked away.

This is worse than US government work.

8. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2078
    Brett,

Regards,
    Gus
    Again, I do not have the exact folks that have been rejected on this pass yet.

I want to know myself so i can begin emailing folks as well.

The game dev (engineer) who manages the additions/rejections/etc was out of office late last week on holiday, so things got a little backlogged.

9. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2079
    Actually, I do have a minor update to post - might help if i updated the subversion repo!

This is the first pass of rejected minor faction applications.

Rejection Reason Group Name PMF Name
    No updates permitted Discovery Initiative Discovery Initiative
    No updates permitted Update Axiom of Ishtar
    Invalid sys. Fire Fade Hunters Squad Fire Fade Hunters
    Description does not conform to elite. Generalgroup04 Church of the Meep
    Description does not conform to elite. Havocmka's Heroes Knights of the Old Empire
    Invalid Description Cosi PVE Player Clan Cosi PVE Player Clan
    Invalid Description Small Worlds Expeditionaries Small Worlds Expeditionaries
    Descriptions are to be in ENGLISH only. German Defense Force German Defense Force
    Descriptions are to be in ENGLISH only. German Dealer and Fighter Union German Dealer and Fighter Union
    Does not conform to the Elite timeline Pilot Syndicate 4 Pilot Syndicate 4
    Sys in use. Clan Magnus Legio The Great Legion
    Description does not conform to elite. The Spm Corporation The Spm corporation
    Description does not conform to elite. Orange is in the Black Aurantius Technology
    Invalid lore. Shoot Many Klaxians Shoot Many Klaxians
    Cannot have PMF name as a system name. LFT 1748 Bagel Buddies LFT 1749
    Description is required to be filled out. RED DRAGON RED DRAGON
    No mentions of other PMF's Kitsune Wanderers 64th Kitsune Wanderer
    American TV name - IP Violation The Black List The Black List
    Bad Desc. Vacuum Brigade Vacuum Brigade
    Invalid Lore to Elite Erebus One The Black Knights
    Bad Desc. The Galactic Communist Alliance The Galactic Communist Alliance
    PMF Naming Error German Dealer and Fighter Union rman Dealer and Fighter Union
    Sys in use. Brotherhood of the 20th Ohm The Brotherhood
    Sys in use. Order of Stella Invictus Order of the Astrum Invictus
    Sys in use. Paradox gaming Paradox alliance force
    Sys in use. Independent Pilots Association Independent Pilots Association
    Invalid Lore to Elite The Lucky Rocket Privateers The Lucky Rocket Privateers
    Sys in use. Leviathan Scout Regiment Leviathan Scout Regiment
    Bad Desc. The SPM Corporation The SPM Corporation
    Bad Desc. THE KNIGHTS OF THE OLD ORDER THE OLD ORDER KNIGHTS
    Bad Desc. Cosmic Aegis Cal's Armada
    Bad Desc. iberian bounty hunters iberian bounty hunters
    Bad Desc. The Infestation The Infestation
    No alien refs Federal Democratic Command Alien Defense Force
    Potential IP Violation Drunk'n'Donuts Drunk'n'Donuts Inc
    Bad PMF name. Short Yellow Bus SYB Corp
    Bad Desc. Eagle Corps Eagle Corps
    Bad Desc. NOVA INVICTA LEGION NOVA INVICTA LEGION
    ALL CAPS, Bad Desc. THE FEDERATION OF ELITE AND REASERCH THE FEDERATION OF ELITE AND REASERCH
    Bad PMF name. -Loose Deuce- Independent -Loose Deuce- Academy
    Does not conform to Elite Lore. LifeTime Technology LifeTime Technology
    Bad Desc. Drunken Armament Incorporated Drunken Armament Incorporated
    Name too long UNIT 00531 UNIT 00531 Economic Operations Branc
    Restricted System ARMED WANDERERS ENTERPRISES ARMED WANDERERS ENTERPRISES

10. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2080
    The aforementioned applying PMF's listed above will be contacted by email later today and tomorrow.

11. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2081
    It should be well noted, this is the first pass results. The scripts used to validate system locations, pmf govt type vs sys govt type has NOT been run yet.

When it states "Sys in use" does that mean another PMF is present there, or is the system full? Or is it a different kind of restricted system? It isn't very informative as to what is wrong there.

That's also been a constant question in the back of my head - does another PMF being in a system by expansion restricts its application?

Thank you Brett for this first list and information.

Originally Posted by Starwolfe View Post (Source)
    That's also been a constant question in the back of my head - does another PMF being in a system by expansion restricts its application?
    Yes. If a PMF is there, even by expansion, it's ineligible.

15. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2085
    Originally Posted by Starwolfe View Post (Source)
    When it states "Sys in use" does that mean another PMF is present there, or is the system full? Or is it a different kind of restricted system? It isn't very informative as to what is wrong there.

Sys in use denotes all given systems applied for are in use, at capacity, or restricted.