Page 7 of 9 First 356789 Last

Thread: DSN Luxury Tour

Photo Contest 6, and the winners are... : 1 - Cmdr ItzNikkity, 2 - Cmdr Maximilian Reach, 3 - Cmdr Eikoop. Congratz Cmdrs !

1 - Cmdr ItzNikkity

2 - Cmdr Maximilian Reach

3 - Cmdr Eikoop

Next waypoint :

WP15: Seagull Nebulae
    System: Seagull Sector DL-Y D3
    Rendez-vous date: december 6, 3303 (2017)
    Asteroid base name: Hell Port
    Event: Imperial Eagle Race
    Distance traveled (main route): 37 511 Ly
    Distance traveled (complete route): 59 034 Ly
    Distance from WP14: 2 077 Ly

Optionnal waypoints between WP 14 and WP 15 :
    - WP14a - NGC 2440 Nebulae : System Faust 1521

Hmm.. this makes me consider using my Beluga for a deep-space cruise. Just not sure about the destination yet. Maybe offering it for an archaeological expedition since i already got it fitted with excavation and mining equipment...

Originally Posted by Ranek Eisenkralle View Post (Source)
    Hmm.. this makes me consider using my Beluga for a deep-space cruise. Just not sure about the destination yet. Maybe offering it for an archaeological expedition since i already got it fitted with excavation and mining equipment...
    The beluga is a great ship even if it heats a little bit. The canopy is very large and allows a very beautiful view. The jump range is acceptable ~ 40 light years its good. In conclusion, it's a good ship.

Originally Posted by Kazahnn View Post (Source)
    The beluga is a great ship even if it heats a little bit. The canopy is very large and allows a very beautiful view. The jump range is acceptable ~ 40 light years its good. In conclusion, it's a good ship.
    Besides, considering the choice between an Anaconda and a Beluga, SC handling is far more comfortable in a Beluga...

Not sure how you manage 40 LY though. I am at approximately 30 LY with a 7A FSD. If weighed down with mining yield this drops to 28-ish.

Originally Posted by Ranek Eisenkralle View Post (Source)
    Not sure how you manage 40 LY though. I am at approximately 30 LY with a 7A FSD. If weighed down with mining yield this drops to 28-ish.
    I confess that my ship is only geared for exploration, there is only the necessities.

I confess that my ship is only geared for exploration, there is only the necessities.
    Meaning the "passengers" are drifting about in empty spaces within your ship? Not much in the way of passenger comfort. Still even if I try stripping down my ships (Anaconda in my case) I never reached the jump distances allegedly possible according to some posts or the wiki. *shrugs* since I am not in a hurry I am fine with slightly shorter jumps. Makes me visit more systems with potentially valuable exploration data. And much like a cruise the destination is not what matters - it is the journey.

And #5. My favorite so far! HF!

The third and last part by CMDR Ana RAVINALA :

Photo Contest 7, and the winners are... : 1 - Cmdr Kazahnn Drahnn, 2 - Cmdr Max Ter, 3 - Cmdr Jethro49. Congratz Cmdrs !

1 - Cmdr Kazahnn Drahnn

2 - Cmdr Max Ter

3 - Cmdr Jethro49

Members of the DSN Luxury Tour Expedition,

I am obliged to announce you the cancellation of the waypoints of this Week-End which were to conclude our expedition.
    Indeed we can not remain without reacting to what happens in the Pleiades.
    https://youtu.be/ZFLBnqxuATg

It is our duty to mobilize our passenger ships to rescue the victims and support Medicorp's efforts.

I therefore appeal to all pilots of the expedition to immediately go to the pleiades, get equipped in economic passengers cabins and heat sinks, to go and rescue the victims as soon as possible.

You can equip yourself in economical passenger cabins and heat sinks (necessary because of the high temperatures in the attacked stations) in the following stations:
    - Hudson Observatory, HIP 17694 system (pad L, good choice of MTA, cabins of classes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
    - Kipling Orbital, Pleiades Sector KC-V c2-11 system (L pad, good choice of MTA, class 2, 3, 4, 5 cabins)
    - Reed's Rest, Merope system (L pad, little MTA choice, class 2, 3, 5, 6 cabins)

The attacked stations, where it is necessary to intervene are the following ones:
    - Titan's Daughter in the Taygeta system
    - Liman Legacy in the HIP system 16753
    - the Oracle in the Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55 system

Mega-ships are positioned near damaged stations to recover survivors.
    If you wish you can also bring water, food, basic medicines and natural fabrics in the attacked stations.

Good luck to all and fly safe.

The DSN team.

Members of the DSN Luxury Tour Expedition,

I am obliged to announce you the cancellation of the waypoints of this Week-End which were to conclude our expedition.
    Indeed we can not remain without reacting to what happens in the Pleiades.
    https://youtu.be/ZFLBnqxuATg

It is our duty to mobilize our passenger ships to rescue the victims and support Medicorp's efforts.

I therefore appeal to all pilots of the expedition to immediately go to the pleiades, get equipped in economic passengers cabins and heat sinks, to go and rescue the victims as soon as possible.

You can equip yourself in economical passenger cabins and heat sinks (necessary because of the high temperatures in the attacked stations) in the following stations:
    - Hudson Observatory, HIP 17694 system (pad L, good choice of MTA, cabins of classes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
    - Kipling Orbital, Pleiades Sector KC-V c2-11 system (L pad, good choice of MTA, class 2, 3, 4, 5 cabins)
    - Reed's Rest, Merope system (L pad, little MTA choice, class 2, 3, 5, 6 cabins)

The attacked stations, where it is necessary to intervene are the following ones:
    - Titan's Daughter in the Taygeta system
    - Liman Legacy in the HIP system 16753
    - the Oracle in the Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55 system

Mega-ships are positioned near damaged stations to recover survivors.
    If you wish you can also bring water, food, basic medicines and natural fabrics in the attacked stations.

Good luck to all and fly safe.

The DSN team.
    I gotta say, that's an awesome end to a great expedition. The mental picture of an entire fleet of colorful Saud Krueger ships descending upon buring stations to evacuate people brings a huge smile to my face!

As we are quite close to the Pleiades, that's the least we could do with all our ships dedicated to carry passengers !

I heard that it might be difficult to go through the mail slot of damaged stations with a Beluga : is it true ?

Originally Posted by Jethro49 View Post (Source)
    As we are quite close to the Pleiades, that's the least we could do with all our ships dedicated to carry passengers !

I heard that it might be difficult to go through the mail slot of damaged stations with a Beluga : is it true ?
    It's true, the stations are full of debris.

Great initiative Kazahnn : quite a few Saud Krugers were hard at work tonight.
    Thanks to all the Luxury pilots : we did good and saved lives ! \o/