Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.4 beta changes to Holo-Me customisation and in-game livery

...isn't sure what's going on.
    Can the Moderation team be issued these please?

Originally Posted by Martin Schou View Post (Source)
    > Coming in 2.4 there will be other sets of glasses in a wide range of styles that will be available exclusively via participating in community giveaways, competitions, events and streams.

Interesting. Have you considered letting CGs be part of such community giveaways?
    I'm usually sleeping when the giveaways happen, that or I can't get to London for them.

Originally Posted by dape View Post (Source)
    glasses in 3303?
    Have you seen how much those robotic eyes cost?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    My God, it's full of stars!

I like the new customisation ideas. I hope to see some cybernetic stuff added at some point.

I can't wait for the massive enrichment to my game play that I'll be able to get from dressing up dollies even more realistically than I already can. I'm so glad they're spending time developing this.

6. This is the last staff post in this thread. #21
    Originally Posted by Martin Schou View Post (Source)
    > Coming in 2.4 there will be other sets of glasses in a wide range of styles that will be available exclusively via participating in community giveaways, competitions, events and streams.

Interesting. Have you considered letting CGs be part of such community giveaways?
    Yes.

Originally Posted by zimms View Post (Source)
    Is that Harry Potter?
    You're a woman harry!

Totally

Fly safe and await beta.

Common sense is not a gift, it is a punishment.
    Try talking to someone who does not have it...

Originally Posted by TopCat160 View Post (Source)
    I can't wait for the massive enrichment to my game play that I'll be able to get from dressing up dollies even more realistically than I already can. I'm so glad they're spending time developing this.
    Originally Posted by Tactical Tree View Post (Source)
    No in-game rewards related to gameplay?
    Gameplay? Achievement? Reward? What are these crazy notions...

Next shoes styles and colours...

Any updates on whether we'll be able to specify custom colours for things like eyes and hair (if ever)?

Also, any updates on whether we will be able to make anything other than butt-ugly male avatars anytime soon? Seriously, they all look like escapees from a gulag who've then lived rough for the last 6 months or something. Maybe just having options for friendlier expressions rather than the default scowl would help.

Nice one for more accessories and stuff, although to be honest, personally I think it's a bit of a waste of dev/artist time. There are areas of the game which are in dire need of improvement/fixing/fleshing out, this whole holo-me stuff seems like a bit of a side-show from the game to me.. It's not as if you can really see the avatars in-game; certainly not in any detail unless using the camera suite.

- Micha |CMDR Myshka Kronosky|Asp Explorer "Alacritious"|Distant Worlds CMDR #254|

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Greetings Commanders,

We wanted to give you a quick heads up on some in-game changes to Holo-Me customisation that will be visible when the beta goes live and help make sure there isn稚 any confusion when you see it.

The first change to note is that there is now a slot for eyewear! You値l be pleased know that you値l be getting a fresh pair of glasses via the Frontier Store for free once 2.4 launches fully after the beta!

Coming in 2.4 there will be other sets of glasses in a wide range of styles that will be available exclusively via participating in community giveaways, competitions, events and streams.

You値l also notice there are spaces for the ability to swap out the tops, sleeves and legwear of your avatar outfits. In 2.4 there will be the option to purchase a wider range of new suits from the Frontier Store. In this new range of suits, you値l be able to switch between each part of the outfit, based on the full suits that you own.

In 2.4 we致e also included an update to the in-game livery store, where you値l be able to preview in-game items before purchasing them!

Also - beta change log is on the way... just waiting on a couple of tweaks.

Thanks,

Ed
    Excitement intensifies!

Originally Posted by TopCat160 View Post (Source)
    Me too!
    *blatantly ignores the sarcasm*

Very cool!

You値l also notice there are spaces for the ability to swap out the tops, sleeves and legwear of your avatar outfits. In 2.4 there will be the option to purchase a wider range of new suits from the Frontier Store. In this new range of suits, you値l be able to switch between each part of the outfit, based on the full suits that you own.
    Any chance of a bit of clarification though... Is it only these new suits that you can swap parts of - or will the existing suits also be moved across to the "new system" allowing swapping parts back and forth?

It seems to me like it's slightly bait-and-switch-y to have offered the (very nice, don't get me wrong) full suits so far, and then later saying "and now you can get these shinier ones that allow you to swap bits out!"
    ... so if this change does apply to the existing suits that people have already bought, it'd be good to make that clearer so there's no confusion.

If that's not the case ... then please note the feedback that I don't think that's a great precedent to set, as it may lead people to just not buy things on the assumption that better stuff might well be around the corner!
    CMDR Alot: Alot of Space!
    Deadly | Entrepreneur | Elite
    Buckyballer | Fuel Rat | 65k Club Member
    Videos: The Good, The Bad and The Bucky, Do Not Deviate, From B to A, A Job Well-Done, The Fateful Eight
    The A* Challenge: Anaconda, "Rhonda" - 02:12:13 / 07:56:41; Asp, "Big Bird" - 11:46:05; Type-7, "The Transporter" - 13:53:10

Yes.
    And what was the outcome?

O7,

CMDR The Lawful | Elite Noob.

Originally Posted by Esvandiary View Post (Source)
    Very cool!

Any chance of a bit of clarification though... Is it only these new suits that you can swap parts of - or will the existing suits also be moved across to the "new system" allowing swapping parts back and forth?

It seems to me like it's slightly bait-and-switch-y to have offered the (very nice, don't get me wrong) full suits so far, and then later saying "and now you can get these shinier ones that allow you to swap bits out!"
    ... so if this change does apply to the existing suits that people have already bought, it'd be good to make that clearer so there's no confusion.

If that's not the case ... then please note the feedback that I don't think that's a great precedent to set, as it may lead people to just not buy things on the assumption that better stuff might well be around the corner!
    I disagree. Guild Wars 2 offers two types of costumes. One is an individual piece for a particular slot ( eg: shoulders/arms etc), the other is a full costume.
    Without further info on the subject, I see it as nothing more than that.

I do agree that some additional clarification will beneficial.

Yes.
    What about unlocking through other game play related activities? Such as get allied with X faction to unlock their worker's uniforms?

Or naval uniforms for progression? I see that the top ones are still vacant for unlockables...

FIRE..... READY.... AIM!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast