Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.4 beta changes to Holo-Me customisation and in-game livery

Woo! Catty fashion snobbery in the 34th Century!

'THOSE glasses, with THAT flight suit? What WERE you thinking, dear? If you encounter a Thargoid you need to look FABulous!'

Originally Posted by CMDR S. Russell View Post (Source)
    I disagree. Guild Wars 2 offers two types of costumes. One is an individual piece for a particular slot ( eg: shoulders/arms etc), the other is a full costume.
    Without further info on the subject, I see it as nothing more than that.
    If it were done that way (buying individual pieces) I might agree, but from the wording it sounds to me like:
    - Old: buy entire suit, get entire suit
    - New: buy entire suit, get pieces you can mix and match with parts from other entire suits you have bought

I don't see any indication that buying individual items would be an option.

Either way though, you're right - no point theorycrafting without more info.
    CMDR Alot: Alot of Space!
    Deadly | Entrepreneur | Elite
    Buckyballer | Fuel Rat | 65k Club Member
    Videos: The Good, The Bad and The Bucky, Do Not Deviate, From B to A, A Job Well-Done, The Fateful Eight
    The A* Challenge: Anaconda, "Rhonda" - 02:12:13 / 07:56:41; Asp, "Big Bird" - 11:46:05; Type-7, "The Transporter" - 13:53:10

"You値l also notice there are spaces for the ability to swap out the tops, sleeves and legwear of your avatar outfits. In 2.4 there will be the option to purchase a wider range of new suits from the Frontier Store. In this new range of suits, you値l be able to switch between each part of the outfit, based on the full suits that you own."

Oh Bloody hell Ed I only just got a RemLok texture sorted for my show.. now I have to also make a full wardrobe.. You guys are killing me

Not trying to be a weaboo, but can we get a pair of shades something like this:

He was sorta like the Arnold Schwarzenegger of classic old school anime (plus the actual shades design is epic, very sharp and angular (triangular to boot which is one of the tattoo options in ED)

Speaking of Arnold I hope his classic Terminator style shades are available too. Need something other than just normal sight issue glasses or Aviator shades.

Originally Posted by Darth Krayt View Post (Source)
    My goodness. I'm going to have to have a proper go of making my avatar look like me now.
    I tried this, found it pretty much impossible.
    Join us on the Elite PS4 community discord server for Elite Dangerous - ElitePS https://discord.gg/uwzGfT2

Very nice indeed. I wasn't expecting extra customisation of characters this soon to be honest, so that's a nice surprise.

Originally Posted by NeilF View Post (Source)
    Gameplay? Achievement? Reward? What are these crazy notions...
    Should have read up first.

Originally Posted by Esvandiary View Post (Source)
    If it were done that way (buying individual pieces) I might agree, but from the wording it sounds to me like:
    - New: buy entire suit, get pieces you can mix and match with parts from other entire suits you have bought

That's how I read it too, though there's nothing to say that individual items would be an option in the future. Only slight theorycrafting there

Elite

Glasses.. nice.. pls add cigars also. I dont smoke but my character does .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RyoPt8Bqw8

Originally Posted by Esvandiary View Post (Source)

Ah ok, I understand your concern then.

Wow, some really cool info there Ed.

Just hope we can get glasses like this...

Cos' CMDR Disco Stu needs to look sharp!

Please can I has trench coat? Pls?

I think this is my favourite new feature.

I hope we can have hats. I want a leather aviator hat and goggles.

Or maybe a top hat and monocle.

IMGUR - YOUTUBE - TWITTER - FACEBOOK - #KeepGoingZR

Originally Posted by dape View Post (Source)
    glasses in 3303?
    What? You think Luxotica is going to give up its monopoly just because of technology?
    Look at it this way kid, you get to keep all the money.
    It's not enough to just feel the flame. You gotta burn your old self away.

Originally Posted by dape View Post (Source)
    glasses in 3303?
    Why not? The wheel was invented around 3,500 BCE - still in use today and will be in use until we discover anti-gravity drives and probably even then still.
    Glasses work. They do what's needed, no reason why they wouldn't be in 3303.
    But if they look like 1950's rubbish I'm going to be disappointed.
    Must have futuristic glasses!

That's nice. But I'm wondering when shoe hats will be available ?

Flimley

would it be possible to add another shade of white-because if you preselect the "smooth" complexion the lightest tone has freckles.. To fit my tone which is white as a sheet because i'm a lazy shut in I'd have to select the rough version which then looks as if someone plastered my skin up with some mass of chalk and light mud.
    Maybe you could put the freckles just together with the other freckles into this sub menu and have skin color truly only do skin color regardless of which complexion the character has.
    I'd just like to make my holo-me look even more like me, which means rather smooth skin (well I'm getting 30 like, today so this will not hold forever but hey, a human can hope) and white as a sheet next to a whitened wall. Ghostly even.

I wont have glasses. My holo me did, as she got some dosh from hunting. bought the best eye augments she could get...because I hate mine, eff glasses, those annoying-heavy-expensive-all-to-easily-breaking-shi---

also if you have some accident in space those will just float away and be of no use, then you'd have to dive after them..
    Imagine having to find some glasses the dark space in a lakon-ship...that sounds fun

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast