Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous 2.4 Closed Beta available to download now (changelog)

Originally Posted by BDelacroix View Post (Source)
    A couple of wow items in there (items that make you say wow, not items that have anything to do with a certain MMORPG).
    well, you got cooling potions too ...

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #227
    Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    How about all the AI improvements you mentioned to me a few months back.....are they all in too? If yes, then I just want to say "I love you"......especially if that includes hatch-breaker limpet use ;).
    Along with a few bug fixes to combat, all AI is now using the updated thrust control code. Oh, and they can also fire hatch-limpets through shields (same as players). :)

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    People should really read the dev posts in this thread before they themselves post.

People should also remember, as has been stated many time before, even in the first post, even linking to the original thread, that 2.4 is going to be rolled out differently to other updates. There will be much more content coming over time, even just throughout the Beta period.
    I think it might have been less confusing to some if Frontier had said "We're doing a multi-phase roll out over the next X weeks. This is Beta 2.4.1, or 2.4 Phase 1. Each minor correction will increment this number; 2.4.1.1, 2.4.1.2 and so on. When the next phase is released, Phase 2, the build will change to 2.4.2, then 2.4.2.1, 2.4.2.2 and so on."

Or maybe I just find that less confusing because I'm used to it. :3

I'm on PS4, so somebody please, please, please post screenshots of the new hairdos! :D

I love you FDev!!!! [heart] [heart] [heart] [heart] (for this entire update, not just the hair ;) )

Originally Posted by Micha View Post (Source)
    Synthing a heat sink requires "Basic Conductors" and "Heat Conduction Wiring".

Synth for PvP confirmed; synth for Explores? Useless.

FDev?
    The previous reduction in heatsink ammo had already crippled it's use in exploration for the sake of PvP, no nothing new...

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    People should really read the dev posts in this thread before they themselves post.

People should also remember, as has been stated many time before, even in the first post, even linking to the original thread, that 2.4 is going to be rolled out differently to other updates. There will be much more content coming over time, even just throughout the Beta period.
    Thanks for the heads up but i'm pretty sure only Thargoid related elements have been left out of the patch notes or so Edward has stated several times...for me and many others it is the QOL and general bugfixes that we have been waiting for & they are severely lacking.

My big hope is that -like the AI/docking improvements that seem to be missed off the notes- there are many things that have been fixed but missed off the patch notes. The broken heat cannons for instance are surely fixed right?

I know i come across as super negative but to be honest my patience with FD ran out a long time ago and now i'm just holding out for one decent patch in 2016-17.

Feeling real disappointment with Horizons releases 2.0 - 2.3 so far ...please don't let this be the little brown cherry on top of the poop cake that was ED Horizons.

Thanks to the team for a great Job, can't wait to dive into 2.4.

Some really nice qol changes here.

Any news on the beigoid virus?

Originally Posted by Sarah Jane Avory View Post (Source)
    Along with a few bug fixes to combat, all AI is now using the updated thrust control code. Oh, and they can also fire hatch-limpets through shields (same as players). :)
    I could really use some updated thrust control code. If I print it out on A4 and eat it will I become a better pilot?

Originally Posted by Sarah Jane Avory View Post (Source)
    Ahhhhh my evilness....

Just my opinion but frankly, I'm sick to death of the Thargoids already - and they haven't even arrived yet! Sounds like ideological Braben nostalgia to me; or a necessary sap to the 13 year olds and their console upbringing.

Seriously though:

1. The route planning improvement is excellent; thank you.
    2. Some inprovement (reduction) in the engineer RNG would have been nice.
    3. The PvP C&P improvements are welcome - to non PvP players anyway who may now have more confidence to play in Open.
    4. The lack of de-beigification of planets is disappointing, though it may come during the course of the beta adjustments (I can dream can't I )

As for the missions, well...they are still essentially the same, boring 'pretend you are a delivery driver/'shoot something' missions. Still, in some people's opinion a mile wide and inch deep but, with the current improvements, more comfortable.

So yeah, well done...for now now anyway.

Originally Posted by askavir View Post (Source)
    The previous reduction in heatsink ammo had already crippled it's use in exploration for the sake of PvP, no nothing new...
    PvP is getting shafted as well. Previously you were more limited in the amount of boosters/scb's because you had to bring enough sinks. Now that you can synth them you can happily run a shield / all scb / 1 sink / all booster setup. Big ship pvp was already long and boring. This will make it even longer. I don't see how pvp-ers benefit tbh.

multiple holomes.... 20k route plotting... omg omg omg... it gets better and better... until...

... "Removed a mysterious invisible button to nowhere from the Station Services menu"

BRING THE BUTTON BACK!!!!

Originally Posted by CMDR S. Russell View Post (Source)
    I think it might have been less confusing to some if Frontier had said "We're doing a multi-phase roll out over the next X weeks. This is Beta 2.4.1, or 2.4 Phase 1. Each minor correction will increment this number; 2.4.1.1, 2.4.1.2 and so on. When the next phase is released, Phase 2, the build will change to 2.4.2, then 2.4.2.1, 2.4.2.2 and so on."

Or maybe I just find that less confusing because I'm used to it. :3
    They've already explained how the roll out will work. Perhaps they should link every time they've explained how the different parts of 2.4 will work.

Originally Posted by SuBSynk View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the heads up but i'm pretty sure only Thargoid related elements have been left out of the patch notes or so Edward has stated several times...
    Really?

From the OP

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Here's the changelog (keep in mind much of the content will arrive at launch and has been left out of the beta changelogs to avoid spoilers). There are also further small edits to this changelog related to tweaks and fixes to ships incoming, so keep an eye out for an edit later today:
    I mean you should look at it now.

From one of Ed's later replies

This is the closed beta portion, and as mentioned it is not the complete changelog for release.

Also remember that at release, the changelog wouldn't include anything that would spoil the narrative flow of The Return.

Keep that in mind!

Ed
    Just look at the post he was replying to. And as to the AI improvements, perhaps you missed both of MoM's posts?

• Synthesis can now create heat sinks, chaff, limpets and top up life support

• Ship Rebuy Penalty – When a player commits the crime of murder (PvP only), an additional cost is added if they swap to a less expensive ship before paying legal costs during the rebuy flow
    • Pilot’s Federation Bounty – When a player commits the crime of murder (PvP only), they receive an additional Pilot's Federation Bounty. This bounty is valid in every jurisdiction except anarchies
    • Hull/Canopy Repair Limpet controllers are now available
    • maximum route plotting range is now 20Kly
    • there is now an option to make use of neutron star boost when plotting routes
    • Made salvage commodities legal to pick up from wreck sites (will still appear illegal if dropped by ships as that is not salvage)

• Added support for missions allocating additional rewards based on station distance from the jump-in point
    • Fix for capital ship movement issues
    noice.
    add some cargo storage and double the mats/data and we're good :D

Originally Posted by AarkTheDragon View Post (Source)
    Queue the mewling carebears complaining that people can still massacre them consequence free just by having lots of credits B)
    CONGRATULATION!
    You win the prize for the first negative comment. It's in the airlock, go fetch.

Originally Posted by spatula View Post (Source)
    multiple holomes.... 20k route plotting... Omg omg omg... It gets better and better... Until...

... "removed a mysterious invisible button to nowhere from the station services menu"

bring the button back!!!!

I paid for that button!!
    Where's my promised button?!

I can't handle this anymore!
    What the hell FD?!

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast