Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Type-10 Defender, new ship (not yet purchasable)

Originally Posted by Komemiute View Post (Source)
    I was thinking (didn't read the whole thread, sorry ) that maybe the type 10 is to type 9 what keelback is to type 6...
    I think the general consensus is:-
    1. Not a Panther Clipper (confirmed by the Community Manager)
    2. Most likely not a Keelback version of the T9 (i.e. not a T9 hull refit) due to not carrying a snake themed name and the increase in numerical designation
    3. Probably a upgraded and more defensible T9
    4. Possibly a Human-Thargoid hybrid OR anti-Thargoid ship.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Friedenreich Xante View Post (Source)
    Please make it a super explorer ship with the type 9 canopy
    I do wonder why all the "I hope it is my dream Super Explorer" wishes and hopes come from with a Name of "Defender"

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    I do wonder why all the "I hope it is my dream Super Explorer" wishes and hopes come from with a Name of "Defender"

Slightly less than Cutter cargo capacity with python firepower and SLF capabilities would be just fine. Lakon aesthetics for the industrial feel would be nice too. Also mediocre fsd range. Dream trader....

I think also that if the T - 10 is a ship designed by the Alliance (or AEGIS?) for anti-Thargoid duty it will appear later since it has to be a reaction *to* something (thus its part of 2.4s narrative). So, that would suggest the Thargoids really *really* attack when they properly return, hence a need for new weapons, ships and modules.

Originally Posted by Virandar View Post (Source)
    It's flat, so I assume it's to go through the slot. As for imagining it sitting on platform... iCutter takes the whole width of a landing pad, this whole "Shark" would have to be about the same width, so the concept is not to scale when compared to actual measurements of things in game. Still, I like it. It has a nice 60' vibe to it.
    You're not picturing it .
    The Cutter fills the pad's width, but also uses the maximum length of the pad. The cutters hull is very long.
    This abominal shark thing would do nothing of the sort and therefore it would have very little room for internals.
    At best it would have to be a medium ship internally. It's useless wings take up 2 thirds of it's volume.

The cockpit as shown in the concept suggests a very big ship, but if it had to fit on a large pad that cockpit would be useless because it would be much smaller than it suggests in the concept art.

I think in the Elite universe this would be a very impractical design.

Please do not send me friendship requests. I wouldn't know what to do with them. I never accept them.

Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post (Source)
    You're not picturing it .
    The Cutter fills the pad's width, but also uses the maximum length of the pad. The cutters hull is very long.
    This abominal shark thing would do nothing of the sort and therefore it would have very little room for internals.
    At best it would have to be a medium ship internally. It's useless wings take up 2 thirds of it's volume.

The cockpit as shown in the concept suggests a very big ship, but if it had to fit on a large pad that cockpit would be useless because it would be much smaller than it suggests in the concept art.

I think in the Elite universe this would be a very impractical design.
    In Elite dangerous medium and large Imperial ships (is clipper even medium?) with Beluga on top are very impractical designs. 1. Clippers and Cutters really have no need for these "wings" on their sides, especially being military ships where a smaller area to be potentially hit would be desirable. 2. Beluga has no need for seemingly aerodynamic wings (yet not able to provide any lift to that ship if it ever enters any atmosphere).

Yeah, that shark thingy would have less room inside, that's for sure. It's not even FD concept, I think. Still, I like the aesthetics, sort of VW Beetle / Transporter or Vespa moped kind of thing Or the original Trilogy vibe.
    In any case, it's not T10.

Oh, I actually like the chunkiness of ship designs in ED. Though it would be nice to see some vessels which have vertical layout. Miss them in this universe.

Originally Posted by Virandar View Post (Source)
    In Elite dangerous medium and large Imperial ships (is clipper even medium?) with Beluga on top are very impractical designs. 1. Clippers and Cutters really have no need for these "wings" on their sides, especially being military ships where a smaller area to be potentially hit would be desirable. 2. Beluga has no need for seemingly aerodynamic wings (yet not able to provide any lift to that ship if it ever enters any atmosphere).

Yeah, that shark thingy would have less room inside, that's for sure. It's not even FD concept, I think. Still, I like the aesthetics, sort of VW Beetle / Transporter or Vespa moped kind of thing Or the original Trilogy vibe.
    In any case, it's not T10.

Oh, I actually like the chunkiness of ship designs in ED. Though it would be nice to see some vessels which have vertical layout. Miss them in this universe.
    I guess atmospheric flight is a factor - and I hope plane-like aerodynamic designs with wings will perform much better than a brick, like the T6.
    CMDR Mr Crown Vic P71

The big question is, when do we see this ship??

When the beta goes open? When 2.4 goes live??

Oh, let me guess... "soon".

Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)

When the beta goes open? When 2.4 goes live??

Oh, let me guess... "soon".
    It should be beta-tested before 2.4 goes live.

Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)
    https://i.imgur.com/iyGywDj.jpg

Yeah a bulky ship that fills the mailslot would be cool.

Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)
    It should be beta-tested before 2.4 goes live.
    You said what i thought, but didnt dare to do so..

Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    I don't know, but I want them to roll it out now and take my credits So badly I might actually go back to my home system now and get a new shiny T9 to have some all-bulky, brick like ship until they release the new one
    T-line ships were always my favourite Lakon vessels.

If the ship is big, it will need testing- I can remember how the Cutter had problems in the slot.

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast