Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Type-10 Defender, new ship (not yet purchasable)

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    Lol. Good luck with that, the Cobra Mk4, and Viper Mk4, and diamond back(pick your variant) and keelback (though this is entirely forgivable, IF it showed as a T6 in super cruise!) say.... no.

Enjoy type 9 with body kit permanently placed on it, with more hardpoints/hull/even less maneuverability.
    You forgot the 3 Federal flying shoes in that list

But I believe that the T-10 will at least look somewhat different, even if it keeps the Lakon aesthetics.

Hope that, His end won't be like Dolphin at 2.2.

Originally Posted by Alex Brentnall View Post (Source)
    Pretty sure that is the panther clipper.

Originally Posted by Crusina Luachra View Post (Source)
    Pretty sure that is the panther clipper.

Panther clipper concept art as per the newsletter shows only 1 nacelle type thruster thing.

They are very similar tho and you could totally be right and the usual caveat of concept art vs actual implementation... Its just where my mind went when I read Type 10

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    I can neither confirm or deny the existence of a "Type-10 Defender," and certainly won't be giving out any more information about it.... if it exists.... *cough*but it's not the Panther Clipper*cough*

On another node in the normal server i just found this guy: http://prntscr.com/g9qvl6 speaking off the panther clipper LX

Oooooh! A Type-X!

Interesting name. More combat-capable ships from Lakon get outright snake names (Asp, Keelback) and Type-10 totally falls into the freighter naming scheme. But the "defender" points towards something different - quite curious where that will slot in.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's not a variant (Type-6 battle-rated is a Keelback, so a battle-rated Type-9 would have its own name?) but a new ship with "just" more of a martial bent (hence defender). So bigger than Type-9 with a huge hardpoint?

That'd be hilarious with a turret in multicrew if it's in a good spot with a good firing arc.

hope it is a new ship and not just a close derivative of a pre-existing one

Prolly gonna be something in the size range of a type 9, heavily shielded with lots of boom sticks attached, lots of multicrew slots and an ability to carry a metric 💩 ton of fighters. Slow, cumbersome, yet with the ability to lay down some hatred. Sounds kinda interesting to me if it's what I suspect it will be.

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    I can neither confirm or deny the existence of a "Type-10 Defender," and certainly won't be giving out any more information about it.... if it exists.... *cough*but it's not the Panther Clipper*cough*
    Thanks anyway

Please Frontier, give it a decent jump range and cargo space at least on par with the Cutter. In any case, looks like I will be buying a new ship soon. Perhaps it's time to do a bit of iCutter trading and save up some extra dosh.

Originally Posted by Cpt_Zap View Post (Source)
    hope it is a new ship and not just a close derivative of a pre-existing one
    Even if it's T9 with more combat capabilities, might be quite OK. I'm looking for a good mining ship, this might fit the bill. Or, if it allows more cargo then the Cutter, then I can reassign the Cutter to mining.

Originally Posted by blaster1112 View Post (Source)
    On another node in the normal server i just found this guy: http://prntscr.com/g9qvl6 speaking off the panther clipper LX
    That's not a guy lol. It's been in the game for a while.

Here's hoping that the Type-X is the most capacious cargo carrier in the game so far.... (but also suitable for modification into something rather defensive )

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast