Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The good, the bad, and the 'seriously? this took 6 months?'

Other than the Thergoid threat which I assume will be introduced in stages, wasn't the majority just tuning under the hood?

Chief

R.E.D. (RETIRED AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS)

There's a few changes that they didn't list or emphasize but that I've run across:
    1. Warning when you are at the last main sequence star along your plotted route.
    2. Bounty Hunter NPC's in Res Sites
    3. New damage type
    4. New ships (apparently)
    5. Incoming chat messages are color coded.

So there seems to be a lot that they aren't telling us.

Originally Posted by Becky View Post (Source)
    They've been building a lot of things that aren't going to feature in the beta *cough*thargoid war*cough*
    This is going to be some new randomized combat zone with a few random interdictions on top.
    Don't expect too much.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Beeston View Post (Source)
    At first glance the new search and rescue contact just looks like a glorified commodity market for those things, but I'm waiting to be proven wrong...hopefully.
    I asked Brett C in the Beta 3 update notes thread if what we see in Beta is the final form of Search and Rescue. The question got an "I'd like to know, too" repeat by another CMDR but didn't see an answer FD. Since Beta 4 had no changes and the open beta ends next week, I'm guessing the answer is yes.

Pity if all it amounts to is a separate market UI. Maybe there's more coming with the thargoid content but I'm not holding my breath.

I had such high hopes for search and rescue, but didn't expect much from it. What we got was even less.

Playing Elite on PC, Mac and XBox One

Originally Posted by CMDR QUANTIS TRAP View Post (Source)
    I had such high hopes for search and rescue, but didn't expect much from it. What we got was even less.
    THIS. I was really hoping for something good, but what we got is pretty bland. Its basically reskinned Black Market.

They got some nice new hairstyles, job done.

It's really quite sad isn't it? Especially with the "We don't want to do things unless we can do them right" or "There needs to be meaningful gameplay related to these things"

It is a real shame. I get it though, it should have been an easy win. I mean... really, just slap in some special mission templates (lol, I know those templates suck to make!!! haha, slap em in...)

Or, add things to pick up into signal sources (more of it, there isn't much right now) and then, link it to the chained missions system ("Thanks for saving me commander, I was transporting this sensitive data, I have no ship now, can you take it for me?" or a billion others!)

Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    Please stop spreading misinformation on topics where you don't know what you are talking about. The beigefication was a mistake, and is slated to be fixed by Frontier, we just do not know when they will get around to it. Here is the evidence for the truth which contradicts your theory:
    You are both wrong. Go read the 2nd dev reply on Obsidian Ants post. The beige planets are not a mistake. Its 100% intended. It is more realistic. However they will not stay all beige. They switched to a new material system. Which means everything including color palettes needed redone. All the planets are currently based off of earth colors. Earth is mostly brown dirt. More colors will be added in time.

Originally Posted by nathdixon92 View Post (Source)
    Heat sinks are manufactured good though...all explorers would need to do is stock up on signal sources before heading out. Preparation.
    I cant be the only explorer that goes out without HS's, plodding along on a lets see where we end up jaunt at the moment and thus far done around 35k ish and only once came across one binary star system that might have caused me trouble.

Talking about doubles hasnt the way you come into systems with binary stars changed (after 2.4 drops) now so you drop in the middle of them rather than onto the main star with its sisters to the left and right with the heat on max. Thus making carring of HS's for the reasons of not getting melted by binarys no longer needed.

Originally Posted by ChiefRedCloud View Post (Source)
    Other than the Thergoid threat which I assume will be introduced in stages, wasn't the majority just tuning under the hood?

Chief
    they still haven't fixed the dolphin and 101 other issues

Originally Posted by Wylie28 View Post (Source)
    You are both wrong. Go read the 2nd dev reply on Obsidian Ants post. The beige planets are not a mistake. Its 100% intended. It is more realistic. However they will not stay all beige. They switched to a new material system. Which means everything including color palettes needed redone. All the planets are currently based off of earth colors. Earth is mostly brown dirt. More colors will be added in time.
    No, it was not intended, this is a confirmed bug per Michael Brooks over half a year ago and later confirmed by at least two other Frontier devs:

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    My apologies for not responding sooner, this issue has been on my list to chase up for a while. The reason for the difference being observed on the rocky worlds is the change to the new material system - in theory this is more accurate as it uses the chemical properties to determine the colour (obviously I'm simplifying a bit here!), however the problem is that those colours were based on Earth standard colouration for those materials, and most of those are beige/brown rather than the colours you might observe in the myriad of other possible conditions. We're currently working on a more flexible material system, and this will necessitate a fresh balance pass on these. That's not going to be in 2.3 though.

Michael
    Please provide a link to any post by Frontier where they state that they made all HMC & MR worlds beige for realistic reasons, because I've followed this matter very closely and I have never, not once seen Frontier state such a thing?

Originally Posted by Ziljan View Post (Source)
    Ridiculous. The whole reason they deceased heat sink ammo was to keep combat/heat balance for certain weapons/SCBs.

So either the materials will be a PITA to collect and force explorers to waste days and weeks in the bubble to restock... OR ... the materials will be so easy to come by that they may as well be infinite ammo for combat purposes.

It. Makes. No. Sense.
    It makes sense if you factor in "Grind"

I hope the thargoids will attack the Fractions and me with more than one ship.Nice would be with a fleet. At the moment game is too easy for me, i never die, only one time at a the sun. pvp is boring and Pirates only came with one ship and hit me out of cruiser mode, and to do missions with the SRV are too easy too. Why they build in commanders and play with a friend, when Game is too Easy at the moment when i play alone.
    I get no damage when i crash with full speed into a station, or on a planet or whith another player when he hits me when i move into a station.

So i hope they make the thargoids stronger and with a great fleet.

Isnt that true!! just a new menu for the same stuff... not even a scannable pods and stuff... you cant find the "place" to send the pod too, not wanted CMDRs in stasis that could be a fortune to send to a place where he is wanted ...

just a menu where you GIVE stuff. for Free (or gain some rep) , that is plain BLAND.

Hahaha!

FD being FD.. everything is BLAND and Dull...
    Greedy Raider Channel , Piracy , PvP , Tutorials, Tests , Stupid stuff and more!
    "These days any man who can sew a black flag and get ten fools to follow him can take a prize.
    They can take it because of the fear that I and men like me have instilled in their prey.
    But they can't do what I can do. They're not built for it. And sooner or later, they'll be exposed." Capt'n Flint

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast