Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The good, the bad, and the 'seriously? this took 6 months?'

The good, the bad, and the 'seriously? this took 6 months?'

The good:

• Everything to do with exploration, route plotting, hull repair etc
    • Pilots fed bounties etc, though still work to be done here on PVE suicidewinders, combat logging etc.
    • Missions: Faster, more of them, easier to get the ones you expect to appear! Loving the high number of varied missions available, pretty sure I've been suggesting that since launch. And the speed of loading is a godsend, also something I've been waiting for since launch.
    • I almost forgot the 'Add distance from star system entry to mission destinations'! Again, been waiting since launch, but we're getting there!
    • This was nice too: 'Added support for missions allocating additional rewards based on station distance from the jump-in point.' Though it would be nice if commodity market prices did a similar thing, it would certainly make trading a bit more interesting.
    • Being able to preview shop things in-game. Great addition, needs the ability to 'temporarily apply' so you can see how lots of stuff looks together, particularly with the vanity cam...
    • New slots for clothes and glasses - good start! Now lets see leather jackets, jeans and boots to wear over our flight suits...

The bad:

• Still no fix to beige planets. Come on guys, really? it's just bad for your marketing at this point, a lot of repetitive looking images are getting out there on Youtube and in screenshots...
    • Heat sinks synthesis requires manufactured materials - this has to be a mistake, given how you nerfed the use of mass heat sinks in combat in past versions, and how explorers need to be able to viably use these things while out in the black.

The 'seriously? this took 6 months?':

• At first glance the new search and rescue contact just looks like a glorified commodity market for those things, but I'm waiting to be proven wrong...hopefully.
    • It looks...rather small. I know thargoids are coming, I know there will be a lot of content there but...I hope it's worthwhile.

The bad: Adding synthesis for weapons and modules which only tradeoff are limited ammo capacity.

Still no laser synthesis.

You do realize this Change Log isn't complete right? There's other changes not listed.

Heat sink synthesis is disappointing. I was expecting the materials to be available on planets.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Beeston View Post (Source)
    The good:

• Everything to do with exploration, route plotting, hull repair etc
    • Pilots fed bounties etc, though still work to be done here on PVE suicidewinders, combat logging etc.
    • Missions: Faster, more of them, easier to get the ones you expect to appear! Loving the high number of varied missions available, pretty sure I've been suggesting that since launch. And the speed of loading is a godsend, also something I've been waiting for since launch.
    • I almost forgot the 'Add distance from star system entry to mission destinations'! Again, been waiting since launch, but we're getting there!
    • This was nice too: 'Added support for missions allocating additional rewards based on station distance from the jump-in point.' Though it would be nice if commodity market prices did a similar thing, it would certainly make trading a bit more interesting.
    • Being able to preview shop things in-game. Great addition, needs the ability to 'temporarily apply' so you can see how lots of stuff looks together, particularly with the vanity cam...
    • New slots for clothes and glasses - good start! Now lets see leather jackets, jeans and boots to wear over our flight suits...

The bad:

• Still no fix to beige planets. Come on guys, really? it's just bad for your marketing at this point, a lot of repetitive looking images are getting out there on Youtube and in screenshots...
    • Heat sinks synthesis requires manufactured materials - this has to be a mistake, given how you nerfed the use of mass heat sinks in combat in past versions, and how explorers need to be able to viably use these things while out in the black.

• At first glance the new search and rescue contact just looks like a glorified commodity market for those things, but I'm waiting to be proven wrong...hopefully.
    • It looks...rather small. I know thargoids are coming, I know there will be a lot of content there but...I hope it's worthwhile.

Originally Posted by Stewart_ View Post (Source)
    You do realize this Change Log isn't complete right? There's other changes not listed.

Heat sink synthesis is disappointing. I was expecting the materials to be available on planets.
    I'm aware, hence the bottom bullet point...

I am waiting to see how things pan out, especially given this update is being released in stages. The lack of a fix for beige planets is disappointing, but hopefully they're working on it for release with the live update in September.

After 3 years, the Sidewinder's cockpit is fixed! Yay!

There is some good stuff, but the heatsink materials, make little sense for anyone who isn't near occupied space, which is, well, literally every Explorer. I am hoping this is just a developer blonde moment and it'll get addressed in later builds.

The heat sink synthesis thing has to be a mistake. It's crazy.

Add a delay to all synthesis, number one.

Then, make a single heat sink synth cost some iron and zinc or something, then the premiums etc cost the rare planetary mats.

It's really... obvious, I don't understand the thinking.

Also... life support takes iron and nickel? um.... ok????? (I mean, all good because it's a planet material, but really, it makes no sense. use something from ice asteroids, add a mat if needed, then if you want to refill oxy, you need a mining laser, but that's no huge biggy)

Beige planets was "As intended" hence the still no fix may be a bit of a moot point as it'll remain that way permanently.

Heat sinks are manufactured good though...all explorers would need to do is stock up on signal sources before heading out. Preparation.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Beeston View Post (Source)
    They've been building a lot of things that aren't going to feature in the beta *cough*thargoid war*cough*

All the thargoid stuff is missing in the beta so I'm not sure how you can judge how much there is in2.4. I mean, maybe there isn't much thargoid stuff, I don't really know. but since the update is named after there return I would assume theres a good chunk of it.

Originally Posted by nathdixon92 View Post (Source)
    Heat sinks are manufactured good though...all explorers would need to do is stock up on signal sources before heading out. Preparation.
    Ridiculous. The whole reason they deceased heat sink ammo was to keep combat/heat balance for certain weapons/SCBs.

So either the materials will be a PITA to collect and force explorers to waste days and weeks in the bubble to restock... OR ... the materials will be so easy to come by that they may as well be infinite ammo for combat purposes.

It. Makes. No. Sense.

Originally Posted by Alex Brentnall View Post (Source)
    Beige planets was "As intended" hence the still no fix may be a bit of a moot point as it'll remain that way permanently.
    Please stop spreading misinformation on topics where you don't know what you are talking about. The beigefication was a mistake, and is slated to be fixed by Frontier, we just do not know when they will get around to it. Here is the evidence for the truth which contradicts your theory:

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    We're currently working on a more flexible material system, and this will necessitate a fresh balance pass on these. That's not going to be in 2.3 though.
    Originally Posted by Brett C
    It's a known issue, and it's in the hands of QA / Engineering to work on. I've nothing more to state on that particular issue.
    Originally Posted by QA-Mitch View Post (Source)
    I've chesed this up with the Art team and they're already aware of this and working on improving the appearance of planets.
    Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    The dev/art team have been looking into solutions for it and will continue to investigate it further going forward.
    As for the 2.4 beta only having a small amount of content even after six months, keep in mind that the majority of the content is Thargoid stuff that is still secret and won't be revealed for some time yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast