Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Pilot's Federation Bounty Discussion

Originally Posted by john willi View Post (Source)
    The fine seems a bit lenient, given it's for murder.

The bounty should be meaningful and in the region of 500k.

They should last a month before becoming dormant.

Cheers Sandy.
    What is the amount?

I don't see the point in this change.

What good is it? This will punish griefers or criminals?
    Sorry, but this is absolutely not affect them.

So why was it made?

Originally Posted by lokvette View Post (Source)
    What is the amount?
    10k/kill. Far too low IMO

I think there needs to be an exemption across the board for opposite factions regardless of location. ie if any Empire player engaged and destroyed a Few player, regardless of location, this shouldn't apply.

Elite: Dangerous Xbox One - Uncensored

"Remember to bring your big boy pants!"

i would like that for u guys who love pvp there a thing like if u accept a duel the penalty rebuy is low with no bounty BUT if its an attack then its an all different lvl and the bounty scale up with the dmg u cost to another player in terms of credit. Im a trader and i did and can lose millions of credit. so having a pirate running for is life and been chase by BH player would be a fair compensation cose ill have to farm credits again.

Aye. A payout related to differential between your rank and victim's rank would be an idea. Means PvP between consenting elites is less ouch than drowning puppies at eravate

Quick question for those in the beta: does the Pilot's Federation bounty require a KWS to see / claim? Or is it always visible?
    CMDR Tannik Seldon - The "Million-to-One Chance"
    [Youtube]

swap the bounty amounts over. I.e Small Local bounty, huge PF one

Why would the PF issue such a puny fine for killing one of it's members so as to make it almost pointless. Heck even the costs to re-arm a ship is greater than the penalty for murder...

If you've got a bounty (say 500cr for trespassing or something) and another player attacks you (since you have a bounty) if you fight back are you going to get a pilot's federation bounty? Seems like the pilot's federation would view that differently given the circumstances (and generally my view is that if you pick a fight and fire first you've accepted the risk and all is fair at that point).

Seems to me a simple fix for the powerplay "loophole" is to make the hostile tag the same as wanted. So if you're in an enemy system, then you're fair game.
    What do explorers want?
    An improved scanner suite like these! http://imgur.com/a/3Em6c (compliments of CMDR ToCoSo)

I agree the bounties should be larger, at least 100k at the bare minimum for killing a commander.

I think there's an argument to be mad that it should be in the millions, after all, why should I risk my millions-to-insure ship to attack a dangerous player when their bounty is likely less than my rebuy?

Originally Posted by SushiCW View Post (Source)
    Quick question for those in the beta: does the Pilot's Federation bounty require a KWS to see / claim? Or is it always visible?
    Always visible I think. You're "Wanted" in every non-anarchies and NPCs will aggro

Will Report Crimes on/off trolling be resolved in 2.4 too, by preventing switching between off to on during a fight? Alternatively, make it so that Report Crimes can only be enabled/disabled when docked at a station.

Same goes for Wings of CMDRs with a mixture of on/off. Sync Report Crimes to the Wing Leader.

Otherwise, the PF Bounties combined with Rebuy Penalty will punish many good PvPers while providing even more laughs for the griefers.

On a side note, when a CMDR has a PF Bounty, prevent Report Crimes from being enabled - they're a criminal anyway, why should the PF care to send the cops in?

Originally Posted by nathdixon92 View Post (Source)
    I think there needs to be an exemption across the board for opposite factions regardless of location. ie if any Empire player engaged and destroyed a Few player, regardless of location, this shouldn't apply.
    I agree, however.... there's no way to sign up to either of these factions, you can be king and admiral at teh same time. so How would the game know???

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    I agree, however.... there's no way to sign up to either of these factions, you can be king and admiral at teh same time. so How would the game know???
    It would work by recognising that you and the player you're engaging are part of a particular power in Powerplay.

ALD, DP, ZT, and AD should be able to attack commanders that are signed up to other powers and vice versa. Attacking of allied powers would warrant the PF bounty however.

Elite: Dangerous Xbox One - Uncensored

"Remember to bring your big boy pants!"

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast