Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Pilot's Federation Bounty Discussion

I see a number of Powerplay questions but nothing in the patch notes and no reply.

Sandro, you've previously indicated in discussion with my goodself (for which, thanks!) that there might be significant Powerplay exceptions focused around control, HQ, expansion systems etc and perhaps even a blanket Powerplay exemption.

Please can we have an update? Much obliged, o7

EDIT:

Originally Posted by GTuk View Post (Source)
    Will Report Crimes on/off trolling be resolved in 2.4 too, by preventing switching between off to on during a fight? Alternatively, make it so that Report Crimes can only be enabled/disabled when docked at a station.

Also, yes, indeed, we need a defence against Report Crimes trolling.

Powerplayers and Duellists are not griefers. Please don't punish us.

Originally Posted by GTuk View Post (Source)
    Will Report Crimes on/off trolling be resolved in 2.4 too, by preventing switching between off to on during a fight? Alternatively, make it so that Report Crimes can only be enabled/disabled when docked at a station.

Same goes for Wings of CMDRs with a mixture of on/off. Sync Report Crimes to the Wing Leader.
    Surely this is required, otherwise its just going to be completely abused.

If the PF bounties are too big, all that will happen is that Suicidewinder gets replaced by Friend Kills as a way to clear them.

They certainly can't be as big as the rebuy penalty.

Originally Posted by MadDogMurdock View Post (Source)
    If the PF bounties are too big, all that will happen is that Suicidewinder gets replaced by Friend Kills as a way to clear them.

They certainly can't be as big as the rebuy penalty.
    That makes no sense. The rebuy penalty isn't transferred to the other player. The true cost is the rebuy, you're not saving much by wiping the bounty. In fact, you're likely to lose millions.

Best strategy is just not get killed, even with big bounties

Does this still apply if you have Report Crimes Against Me switched off?

I have tested it today and IMO it is a step in the right direction. The bountys are to low. All PvP players have huge credit amounts and so we need bountys with 500k and more.

Also this does NOT solve the main gameplay problem with PvP/PvE player interaction. What we need are more differences between "secure systems" and "not secure sytemes" like anarchys.

In a secure system the reward for missions/trading should be moderate and the bounty for murder must be huge. Also system security forces should be very strong.

In an not secure system the reward should be huge (maybe more then 10 times) but it should be very hard to complete the mission. Also the benefit from trading should be huge because only a handfull of traders can make it to the stations. Off course there is no bounty for murder, no security forces and also NPC pirates are very strong.

IMO that will improve gameplay!

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

This thread is for feedback about the Pilot's Federation Bounty only. Please keep on topic, off topic posts may be deleted without warning!

Pilot's Federation Bounty Rules
    • When a human Commander commits the crime of murder against another human Commander, they will receive a Pilot's Federation Bounty in addition to the standard jurisdiction bounty.
    • Pilot's Federation Bounties are valid in all faction jurisdictions except anarchies.
    • Pilot's Federation Bounties expire and become Pilot's Federation Legacy fines, just like normal bounties. Again, these fines are valid everywhere except anarchies.

We'd love to hear from you about this feature. Is it too harsh, too lenient, just right, not working in some way? Please pop a post in!
    For now looks good, any chance on better bounty hunters after us? I mean Gets boring to be n a fully loaded PVP machine and the max it can attack me is a FDL or an ANACONDA ... Bring wings to the game!

Originally Posted by Alexander the Grape View Post (Source)
    That makes no sense. The rebuy penalty isn't transferred to the other player. The true cost is the rebuy, you're not saving much by wiping the bounty. In fact, you're likely to lose millions.

Best strategy is just not get killed, even with big bounties
    You're missing my point. Griefers work in groups.
    If the PF bounty gets big enough they can take it in turns killing each other and if the bounty is too big, they'll end up making a profit.

Originally Posted by Alexander the Grape View Post (Source)
    I've found the same. Seems to go contrary to how the rules are worded ("IF you switch to a cheaper vessel"). Bug?
    If you listen closely on one of the streams Sandro was on, this is how he described it. I had to listen to it a couple times.

Very exploitable at its current state. You can take a shieldless sidewinder and ram people coming into dock and die and it will count as murder and they die with a 2x rebuy even though it wasn't their fault. Done it (controlled and people were willing vulenteers) and it was the same every time. If not adjusted before full release will cause the worst wave of griefers exploiting it to make people pay pottentially 100million in rebuy (refering to full graded out big 3 ships) and there is not a way to prevent it. You have no defense from this one.

It lays a good foundation to build upon. If future mechanics are able to bring actual consequences to being wanted, these PF bounties will be integral to creating a real distinction between different system security levels.

I'm also very pleased to see that the PF doesn't exempt members from its code based on which politicians or warlords they're serving by violating it.

Currently a fail.

Real gankers and griefers are completely unaffected by this mechanic as they never fight with anyone who can kill them. The only people who are going to feel any effects from this mechanic are going to be legit PvPers when the doors of abuse are flung open, and those the mechanic is designed to protect when the real griefers are given more incentive than ever to victimize them.

Originally Posted by KillikHiveMind View Post (Source)
    Very exploitable at its current state. You can take a shieldless sidewinder and ram people coming into dock and die and it will count as murder and they die with a 2x rebuy even though it wasn't their fault. Done it (controlled and people were willing vulenteers) and it was the same every time. If not adjusted before full release will cause the worst wave of griefers exploiting it to make people pay pottentially 100million in rebuy (refering to full graded out big 3 ships) and there is not a way to prevent it. You have no defense from this one.
    The defense is straightforward, actually: obey the speed limit.

If they fix the 2x rebuy bug then we're no worse off than we are today.

Originally Posted by SushiCW View Post (Source)

1) Speeding doesn't mean you should be hit with a doubled rebuy screen because someone rams you.
    2) A cannon with the proper effect can cause you to gain a little speed, going over 100.

Station ramming - nobody cares. Someone kills someone in Open - people lose their dang minds.

Originally Posted by SushiCW View Post (Source)

You missed a major point, you don't have to speed to get this problem. I said with my test as long as the sidewinder died it counted as murder and made the rebuy 2x. The big issue I have is how easy it is to exploit. I like the concept but as it currently stands in Beta 1 it is flawed. Lets get kinks knocked out now not in Live.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast