Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 240

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Pilot's Federation Bounty Discussion

  1. #46
    Sandro, my first thought was that this is too lenient except for one case that I know of. There should be some consideration PowerPlay PvP conflicts which are the best example of teamwork I've seen in this game. Not making some kind of concession for PowerPlay PvP would drive most of the PowerPlay players from open back into groups and solo or completely out of the game and that would be a shame.

    My view is that if this feature doesn't have a PowerPlay consession of some kind, it's not ready for prime time.

    Playing Elite on PC, Mac and XBox One

  2. #47
    I tested this feature yesterday with Powerplay and if both ships are pledged there's no additional Pilots Federation bounty.

    Test 1: Archon Pledged kills Archon Pledged in Mahon system --> no bounty
    Test 2: Archon Pledged kills Mahon pledged in Mahon system --> no bounty
    Test 3: Archon Pledged kills Unpledged in Mahon system --> bounty
    Test 4: Unpledged kills Archon Pledged in Mahon system --> bounty

    I think it works fine this way.

  3. #48
    Originally Posted by Voronwe View Post (Source)
    I tested this feature yesterday with Powerplay and if both ships are pledged there's no additional Pilots Federation bounty.

    Test 1: Archon Pledged kills Archon Pledged in Mahon system --> no bounty
    Test 2: Archon Pledged kills Mahon pledged in Mahon system --> no bounty
    Test 3: Archon Pledged kills Unpledged in Mahon system --> bounty
    Test 4: Unpledged kills Archon Pledged in Mahon system --> bounty

    I think it works fine this way.
    Well done for testing, thank you. I'm AFK but will try also next week. When you say a 'Mahon' system, was it a Control system?

    As you describe it, I would say it looks positive but still needs work.

    A treacherous kill (eg, Archon v Archon, or Hudson v Winters) whereby both pledgers are of the same Power or Superpower should, imo, trigger the PF bounty - unless of course Anarchy or RC Off.

    However, if Frontier have gone down the route of a total Powerplay exemption, that has the virtue of simplicity. Has anyone tested a pledger v pledger attack in a neutral system, or otherwise checked the various states?
    Federal Vigilante PvP Executioner Friend and Supporter of Adle's Armada

  4. #49
    Originally Posted by Truesilver View Post (Source)
    A treacherous kill (eg, Archon v Archon, or Hudson v Winters) whereby both pledgers are of the same Power or Superpower should, imo, trigger the PF bounty - unless of course Anarchy or RC Off.
    I think that in this case you should be docked merits as you are when you kill allies in PP specific CZs, just a lot more (say 100 merits). I've never killed allies outside combat areas so it may already happen.

  5. #50
    Originally Posted by Rubbernuke View Post (Source)
    I think that in this case you should be docked merits as you are when you kill allies in PP specific CZs, just a lot more (say 100 merits). I've never killed allies outside combat areas so it may already happen.
    It does. Killing any player or NPC of your PP faction causes this no matter where you are (always the same amount though).

  6. #51
    Set rebuys at Victims price or 1 million or whichever is higher that will stop seal clubbing and won't lumber you with a multi million credit bill because you got rammed think of it as more of a reckless driving fine
    Or add in some sort of multiplier depending on how secure the system is supposed to be

  7. #52
    Then, maybe what we need is to have penalties that are not money based and exploitable.

    Maybe have a Pilot Federation rep meter as with the superpowers, and as you kill more and more players it goes down.

    At allied (default) you get 100% bounty value on hunting / trade / data sold (as normal) and full docking privileges

    At (say) friendly its 90% bounty value

    At neutral you make 50% of your total trade / BH / data

    At unfriendly this goes down even more to 30% from earnings

    At hostile, you are denied docking at all governed ports (so the only option is anarchy) and you make 10% of all earnings

    It goes up only if you stop killing. This does not count for people who have report crimes off (for both the attacker and defender together).

    At the same time, make black markets pay 100% more by default, so players who are evil have to be a criminal to profit.

    Off topic but related: When I did the BGS I went hostile with the Feds, and I thought that I would be then denied port clearance in all Fed jurisdictions. It turns out this was not the case, but FD make this a thing. If I'm going to be an outlaw, make me one.

  8. #53
    Bounty defenitly should be increased. 10k is nothing in current game economy.
    As a pvp player, i would like PF bounties be the ammount of insurance cost of destroyed ship. I realize that it would be a very big changes, so we can start with 1M Cr for any ship.
    Capitalism has triumphed all over the galaxy , but this triumph is only the prelude to the triumph of labour over capital.
    Join us
    >>>Communist Interstellar Union<<<

  9. #54
    Originally Posted by KillikHiveMind View Post (Source)
    You missed a major point, you don't have to speed to get this problem. I said with my test as long as the sidewinder died it counted as murder and made the rebuy 2x. The big issue I have is how easy it is to exploit. I like the concept but as it currently stands in Beta 1 it is flawed. Lets get kinks knocked out now not in Live.
    Um, this should be a bug then. You are not supposed to be charged with murder as a result of a collision while NOT speeding.

  10. #55
    Originally Posted by Voronwe View Post (Source)
    I tested this feature yesterday with Powerplay and if both ships are pledged there's no additional Pilots Federation bounty.

    Test 1: Archon Pledged kills Archon Pledged in Mahon system --> no bounty
    Test 2: Archon Pledged kills Mahon pledged in Mahon system --> no bounty
    Test 3: Archon Pledged kills Unpledged in Mahon system --> bounty
    Test 4: Unpledged kills Archon Pledged in Mahon system --> bounty

    I think it works fine this way.
    #1 is interesting in that someone would kill the same PP member.
    What happens when Archon kills Mahon in Archon system?
    # apt-get purge engineers

    Why does the computer keep saying "Friendship Giant Sausage"?

  11. #56
    Originally Posted by Voronwe View Post (Source)
    I tested this feature yesterday with Powerplay and if both ships are pledged there's no additional Pilots Federation bounty.

    Test 1: Archon Pledged kills Archon Pledged in Mahon system --> no bounty
    Test 2: Archon Pledged kills Mahon pledged in Mahon system --> no bounty
    Test 3: Archon Pledged kills Unpledged in Mahon system --> bounty
    Test 4: Unpledged kills Archon Pledged in Mahon system --> bounty

    I think it works fine this way.
    I have an issue with number 2 still allowing rampant griefing in PP. The enemy player in hostile territory should get a PFB (or perhaps a super power bounty) for killing ships. It doesn't make sense that there isn't a penalty for PP ships as we all know that PvP griefers like to have PP modules and are likely pledged to a power.

  12. #57
    Originally Posted by Winegums View Post (Source)
    I have an issue with number 2 still allowing rampant griefing in PP. The enemy player in hostile territory should get a PFB (or perhaps a super power bounty) for killing ships. It doesn't make sense that there isn't a penalty for PP ships as we all know that PvP griefers like to have PP modules and are likely pledged to a power.
    I have to disagree, if you pledge to a power, your opening yourself up to attack by members of other powers. Opening yourself up to being murdered for no reason other than you are on the other team. That gives it a reason beyond random, and so, this ceases to be a random attack, and certainly couldn't be called greifing.

    I'm no fan of random murder hobos, but power vs power fights make sense, and shouldn't be handicapped.

  13. #58
    Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    I have to disagree, if you pledge to a power, your opening yourself up to attack by members of other powers. Opening yourself up to being murdered for no reason other than you are on the other team. That gives it a reason beyond random, and so, this ceases to be a random attack, and certainly couldn't be called greifing.

    I'm no fan of random murder hobos, but power vs power fights make sense, and shouldn't be handicapped.
    So say I'm from country Y then go to country X and kill their people, I'm allowed to just because I'm from country Y? Doesn't make sense to me.

    Why shouldn't country X be able to issue bounties for criminal acts caused by country Y on their own turf?

    I can see a reason for expansion and preparation systems to be lawless for PP pledged players but control systems should issue PFBs for attacks from other powers. Powers should be able to defend their own turf with an advantage of some sort. I don't see a good reason for there to be a level playing ground when you CONTROL the system.

  14. #59
    The problem with Powerplay is that some powers expand via hauling, while others fight in lawless zones. Its illegal to oppose the former, but the latter is not a criminal act.

  15. #60
    All this tells me is that the powerplay mechanics needs a complete overhaul so they make some kind of sense.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast