Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Pilot's Federation Bounty Discussion

Originally Posted by Rubbernuke View Post (Source)
    The problem with Powerplay is that some powers expand via hauling, while others fight in lawless zones. Its illegal to oppose the former, but the latter is not a criminal act.
    If Expansion and Preparation systems excluded PP pledged from PFBs then it would be fair. I see the expansion and preparation stages as the "frontlines" of PP that should act like "no man's land".

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    All this tells me is that the powerplay mechanics needs a complete overhaul so they make some kind of sense.
    They do make sense, its just that through its asymmetrical powers you have (probably unintended) side effects like these. The other way would be to make opposing combat zones illegal too, or hauling illegal so you are in essence smuggling.

Personally, I view all Powers as gangs doing nefarious things to gain advantage, and its consequences are on the pilot committing those acts.

Originally Posted by Winegums View Post (Source)
    I have an issue with number 2 still allowing rampant griefing in PP. The enemy player in hostile territory should get a PFB (or perhaps a super power bounty) for killing ships. It doesn't make sense that there isn't a penalty for PP ships as we all know that PvP griefers like to have PP modules and are likely pledged to a power.
    Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    I have to disagree, if you pledge to a power, your opening yourself up to attack by members of other powers.
    Yes, Powerplay was officially, publicly, billed by Frontier as, "a reason to PvP". There are no conscripts in Powerplay, only volunteers.

Those who truly wish to have their cake and eat it - to acquire a module without any risk of aggression from other players - are at liberty to spend their 28 days of self-imposed isolation in Solo or Private Group.

So say I'm from country Y then go to country X and kill their people, I'm allowed to just because I'm from country Y? Doesn't make sense to me.

Why shouldn't country X be able to issue bounties for criminal acts caused by country Y on their own turf?
    The Powers are not countries, though. They're extra-jurisdictional megalomaniacs sponsoring private armies of non-country-specific murderers.

Although some (such as Hudson and ALD) have some in-galaxy position with the Federation or Empire, many (such as Antal, or Delaine) have no such position. Furthermore, the systems that they 'control' and 'exploit' actually have governments from the Federation and Empire, etc. In some cases a Federal Power controls an Imperial system.

It's reasonable to suppose that clandestine violence between these secret sponsored murderers would not be reported to the authorities, or that the Powers would use their influence to suppress such reports.

If Expansion and Preparation systems excluded PP pledged from PFBs then it would be fair. I see the expansion and preparation stages as the "frontlines" of PP that should act like "no man's land".
    Here we agree and Sandro said in previous posts that they at least would be excluded, iirc. (Although the actual exemption may have gone further - Sandro also said a total exemption was possible.)

You know what would solve the entire problem with Sidewinder suicide and killing other pilots in stations?

Forcing all ships to automatically dock and automatically exit via the computer.

Allow space stations to manage all traffic, in and out, to prevent abusive behaviour.

Increase the minimum zone/radius to reqest to dock a bit farther from the entrance before you get warnings to ensure people are reminded to auto-dock.

Finally; remove the Docking Computer and make it a free module on all ships.

Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    You know what would solve the entire problem with Sidewinder suicide and killing other pilots in stations?

Forcing all ships to automatically dock and automatically exit via the computer.

Allow space stations to manage all traffic, in and out, to prevent abusive behaviour.

Increase the minimum zone/radius to reqest to dock a bit farther from the entrance before you get warnings to ensure people are reminded to auto-dock.

This would be the most hideous idea I think I have ever heard about Elite. And I've heard some really bad ideas.

However, it is indeed, true! which is fairly rare around here

There would be so many accidental deaths due to stupid docking AI.

But I like this idea. Less work for me! But at the same time... sometimes I try to time myself how fast i can dock without taking damage.

Originally Posted by Voronwe View Post (Source)
    I tested this feature yesterday with Powerplay and if both ships are pledged there's no additional Pilots Federation bounty.

Test 1: Archon Pledged kills Archon Pledged in Mahon system --> no bounty
    Test 2: Archon Pledged kills Mahon pledged in Mahon system --> no bounty
    Test 3: Archon Pledged kills Unpledged in Mahon system --> bounty
    Test 4: Unpledged kills Archon Pledged in Mahon system --> bounty

I think it works fine this way.
    This exemption is a really good idea, that was the number one thing that was worrying me.

Or they could just turn off all pvp damage (ram and weapon fire) in station instances in high and medium security systems. Easy solution that doesn't have any ways to be exploited.

This ignores the reason why this is a difficult problem: that would be going against the spirit of the game. That would outright remove risk, when risk being present anywhere you go is supposed to be at the heart of the game. You're supposed to be able (physically speaking) to shoot people, you're supposed to be able to ram people to death. The difficulty comes from tackling edge cases while not going overboard. Your proposal would essentially remove ramming damage around station, which is certainly not intended.

Or, if you had a karma system that barred you from docking in civilised space the problem would fix itself without lobotomising the game.

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    This would be the most hideous idea I think I have ever heard about Elite. And I've heard some really bad ideas.

However, it is indeed, true! which is fairly rare around here
    It is indeed hideous lol... I'm hoping Frontier have something up their sleeves that's better

Tied for worst idea I've ever heard concerning ED. No, you know what? It's not tied, it actually wins.

The upcoming crime and punishment needs total rework still. Fdev, High security systems should have actual police response for a start, corvettes, condas jump in quickly to protect those who are under attack with crimes on. Though, this does not stop PvP'ers from leaving crimes on to cheat, it would atleast start helping innocent players from getting "ganked"

What use do current high security systems have that protect players? Only a bunch of vipers jump in and just scan all ships before fighting. Its no good Frontier in this state, from an honest opinion.

Maybe they can automate the entire game for you.

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

This thread is for feedback about the Pilot's Federation Bounty only. Please keep on topic, off topic posts may be deleted without warning!

Pilot's Federation Bounty Rules
    • When a human Commander commits the crime of murder against another human Commander, they will receive a Pilot's Federation Bounty in addition to the standard jurisdiction bounty.
    • Pilot's Federation Bounties are valid in all faction jurisdictions except anarchies.
    • Pilot's Federation Bounties expire and become Pilot's Federation Legacy fines, just like normal bounties. Again, these fines are valid everywhere except anarchies.

We'd love to hear from you about this feature. Is it too harsh, too lenient, just right, not working in some way? Please pop a post in!

Originally Posted by Voronwe View Post (Source)
    I tested this feature yesterday with Powerplay and if both ships are pledged there's no additional Pilots Federation bounty.

Test 1: Archon Pledged kills Archon Pledged in Mahon system --> no bounty
    Test 2: Archon Pledged kills Mahon pledged in Mahon system --> no bounty
    Test 3: Archon Pledged kills Unpledged in Mahon system --> bounty
    Test 4: Unpledged kills Archon Pledged in Mahon system --> bounty

I think it works fine this way.

OK , I like it so far (being the bad guy)

I'd like to see the system gone beyond actually Introduce Superpowers bounty as a SHIELD for Pledged CMDRs.

How does that work? SIMPLE!!!

If A CMDR is pledged to lets say Felicia Winters (FED) and they are attacked by any PLAYER ship no matter who it's aligned to (wanted rules apply), they'll receive a bounty on behalf of the federation.

The same thing with the Empire and the Aliance.

Bear in mind that this makes the gameplay much more interesting because this makes the zones IMP FED and ALI more clear.

Imagine A federation player on a crusade over the empire and vice versa. this would make some amazing Fights and RP , I believe anyone wouldnt mind having a bounty on your enemy super faction.

PLUS having a Flag also means extra protection against No factions and same side powers because they would receive BOTH bounties The FoP and the Superpower one.

So anyone else thinks this would be amazing? And give people more REASON to join one side?!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast