Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Pilot's Federation Bounty Discussion

1. This is the last staff post in this thread. #1
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous Frontier Employee

Pilot's Federation Bounty Discussion

Hello Commanders!

This thread is for feedback about the Pilot's Federation Bounty only. Please keep on topic, off topic posts may be deleted without warning!

Pilot's Federation Bounty Rules
    • When a human Commander commits the crime of murder against another human Commander, they will receive a Pilot's Federation Bounty in addition to the standard jurisdiction bounty.
    • Pilot's Federation Bounties are valid in all faction jurisdictions except anarchies.
    • Pilot's Federation Bounties expire and become Pilot's Federation Legacy fines, just like normal bounties. Again, these fines are valid everywhere except anarchies.

We'd love to hear from you about this feature. Is it too harsh, too lenient, just right, not working in some way? Please pop a post in!

I don't think this should apply to enemy PP ships in HQ/control systems or expansion systems (either side).

Especially as combat is more a part of some powers than others.

I like the implementation so far. Especially how you can't clear it early without paying a full rebuy cost. Looks hard to abuse too, as you only get it on kills.

My only quibble would be that the values seems a bit low RN. While I haven't tested too much, the bounty I got from killing a Deadly FAS as a Deadly FDL was only 10k. This seems very low. If it doesn't scale up (I haven't tested!) it's hardly a disincentive to kill nor an incentive to hunt. I could easily see it being increased to 500k or so. While that opens up the potential for exploits, it would still be slower than most end-game moneymaking methods and would be easily caught via metadata. Plus it requires repeatedly going bankrupt and restarting in LHS 15449

The only thing it's missing is a PP exemption. It'll upset a lot of players who are pledged just for the PP modules (like me!) so it could be time to rework that as well

Another thing that will complicate our lives.

This is really going to screw over people who are defending their PP systems from griefers/cop killers and the griefers won't care about the bounty on their head.

PP aligned players should not get a pilots federation bounty for shooting other PP ships in systems that they control.

Good idea

Can we argue mishaps ??

On occasion I have tagged a player in a haz/high res. and he gets killed by npc. I first get the bounty for tagging him and then a murder charge. Can I plea for a misfire or is that taking into account by FD allready, meaning I don't have to do anything.

As the bounty seems to be the amount of your rebuy, this is going to make station ramming a lot more popular amonst naughty people.

I can't wait for the surge in discussions about speed limit enforcement.

Originally Posted by Jukelo View Post (Source)
    As the bounty seems to be the amount of your rebuy, this is going to make station ramming a lot more popular amonst naughty people.

Don't break the speed limit and you will be fine.

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    Don't break the speed limit and you will be fine.
    Yes, let's make yet ANOTHER constantly repeated aspect of the game take even MORE time than it already does - to cover some poor design choices from back in the day. I like how you want mission stacking fixed, but you are ok with having to deal with station ramming - even though most would say that is a far more damaging 'exploit'.

Originally Posted by AiryKai View Post (Source)
    Another thing that will complicate our lives.
    I thought that is what politics is there for

I'm pretty sure that you're only supposed to pay your rebuy if you die in a cheaper ship. Need to test tho

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

This thread is for feedback about the Pilot's Federation Bounty only. Please keep on topic, off topic posts may be deleted without warning!

Pilot's Federation Bounty Rules
    • When a human Commander commits the crime of murder against another human Commander, they will receive a Pilot's Federation Bounty in addition to the standard jurisdiction bounty.
    • Pilot's Federation Bounties are valid in all faction jurisdictions except anarchies.
    • Pilot's Federation Bounties expire and become Pilot's Federation Legacy fines, just like normal bounties. Again, these fines are valid everywhere except anarchies.

We'd love to hear from you about this feature. Is it too harsh, too lenient, just right, not working in some way? Please pop a post in!
    The fine seems a bit lenient, given it's for murder.

The bounty should be meaningful and in the region of 500k.

They should last a month before becoming dormant.

Cheers Sandy.

Originally Posted by Alexander the Grape View Post (Source)
    I'm pretty sure that you're only supposed to pay your rebuy if you die in a cheaper ship. Need to test tho
    I thought as much, that the big rebuy of the ship you commit the crime in would be the lowest bound for any rebuy. But watching HP's stream right now, that's not how it's been implemented, he has to pay for both the rebuy of his clipper and the naughty penalty on top of that.

I thought as much, that the big rebuy of the ship you commit the crime in would be the lowest bound for any rebuy. But watching HP's stream right now, that's not how it's been implemented, he has to pay for both the rebuy of his clipper and the naughty penalty on top of that.
    I've found the same. Seems to go contrary to how the rules are worded ("IF you switch to a cheaper vessel"). Bug?

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast