Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mission Board Stress Testing - 2.4 beta

The missions seems to be quiet good. Get a lot of missions (13-25 each minor faction). Payouts also seems so be now a bit better on the Beta start Station.

2 hours ago i found a Mission, which payout was incredible high.
    Sadly i couldn´t did it.

I don´t think, that anybody can beat this :'D

When minor faction X is generating missions, every other system in which that faction is present should be a target for their missions. That way players who are dedicating themselves to a faction's cause, will naturally find themselves touring that faction's occupied systems.

Originally Posted by Dominic Corner View Post (Source)
    Hi there,

Don't worry, this is bugged currently and the fix will be applied before we go live... enjoy the easy beta credits :)

Thanks,
    Dom
    Please do not apply this fix for beta, at least not until the very last beta patch :)

Actually, make this bug a beta-only feature, like 10% prices or fish for engineers (where is it, BTW???). If you expect people to die a lot, give them a way to get some quick money for all the rebuys. Especially if they use their old engineered ships (any ship you bought before save transfer will retain its full rebuy cost).

Originally Posted by Pallam93 View Post (Source)
    The missions seems to be quiet good. Get a lot of missions (13-25 each minor faction). Payouts also seems so be now a bit better on the Beta start Station.

Sadly i couldn´t did it.

http://i.imgur.com/tG3LDTjh.jpg

two things about your screenshot
    1. i got remembered again why i avoid playing the localised german version. "herzlich" and "Schmuggelschnaps" ... lol
    2. @Dominic Corner - why can't we have the mission rank displayed in the list already?

I really like the increased number of missions per faction. Seemed to take the usual length of time to start up and I didn't have any problems loading it.

The payouts... well what can I say. :D

Originally Posted by Cmdr. Heavenly View Post (Source)
    Error messages always throw you out of the immersion.
    Could the error dialogue be changed slightly, to give same message .. but a shade more "in space" - ish;

eg, "Unable to communicate, Ship to Station Services is down. Checking connections. Please try again."

All good here, but I was wondering if something could be done about making it more clear if a mission has sparked a follow on. Even with just a single follow on, it was terribly difficult to find them. With multiple follow ons it could become near impossible. Perhaps an inbox message when you enter a system with a Faction that has a follow-on for you.....or something like that.

Thank you in advance :).

Originally Posted by Pallam93 View Post (Source)

Sadly i couldn´t did it.

http://i.imgur.com/tG3LDTjh.jpg

LOOOOL ;D

Did some stacking missions in this beta but no real problems.
    Ergo not one interdiction witch is rare comparing to the normal game missions.

Hello. I'd like ask you for something.
    Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    • Ship kills, and actions to complete planetary hack and disable missions will now only contribute to a single mission, this will be the earliest mission accepted
    It means for example scan job missions or war/conflict zone missions can't be stacked more than 3 times ( previous patch) AND now can't be together completed (current patch). What does it mean? Who will be interested about those missions then? If someone likes earning credits via combat it's ok, but no one will want do few missions for ten hours because for example destroying 100 enemies costs about one or one and half hour in wing....Meanwhile now we have a lot of missions and for example in boom state those trading mission can be stacked more than 3 times and without punishment. And they can be completed pretty quickly... I can understand this unwanted issue about missions progression but please if do you want this, so then for all.... (i don't want Elite: Traderoute instead of Elite: Dangerous)

Is it just me or are there a lot of courier based missions in the beta? Finding the risk v reward for missions poorly balanced. One faction had 8 missions for courier delivery of £2.78m each, all to the same destination, whilst an illegal salvage operation mission was £287k. I tried the 8 courier missions, all ranked elite and wasn't even bothered. Its too easy to take the 8 courier missions and earn £22m. There would have been much more work involved in the salvage mission for almost 10% of the money. Makes no sense.

It doesn't just apply to the money either, the rep points and influence point are also unbalanced.

The whole mission system needs to reward the player based upon:
    Risk involved - being caught, being hunted, etc
    The challenge involved (another topic! it's too easy, no matter the mission);
    Distance to the destination;
    Type of mission;

General comments
    The missions net needs casting wider - most missions are within a 50ly radius. Don't people trade beyond their local area in the 34th century?
    The missions could be two way rather than one way - eg - delivery these materials here and collect these ones and bring them back.
    Why are passenger mission separate from the rest? Why not combine them to one board. If you don't have passenger modules installed, then they won't be available.
    Exploration missions could be quite interesting - there are some in passenger, but there could be solo ones as well.

The whole thing, whilst slowly improving, is still too static. The missions should be dynamic and meaningful.

Been running a few missions to test out the changes. For me, the board is loading very fast, and there are lots of missions available (10-20 per faction, usually). This is awesome. It gives you a much wider selection, and allows interesting ways of combining missions (like finding missions going to the same system, for efficiency). I like it very much.

I got one follow-on mission, but it didn't chain to another. It acted just like the old follow on missions (just one chained mission with some flavor text).

Payouts seem a bit higher than in Live, which is good. There are way too many missions in Live that just aren't worth doing because of the abysmal payouts. (Yes I saw the dev post that this is unintended, but I think it should stay).

My first impression of the improvements is very positive.

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    As a result of this you will find you’re able to accept a significantly larger number of missions are offered to you than usual. This is all part of stress testing the system, and will most likely not be indicative of what will be available on the mission board at launch.
    This makes me sad, as it's one of the best improvements and I was really excited about it. Having more missions available simply removes the tedious and annoying mechanic of relogging to get a new board. Please consider keeping a larger number of available missions to pick from (with greater variety). It'll make for a better game play experience.

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    The testing will help reduce the number of Commanders with partially completed mission boards, the ultimate aim is to have larger mission boards with a higher variety of missions available for 2.4.
    Oh, ok, so perhaps we'll see improvements anyway. Looking forward to see what we end up with. The more the better! There's nothing worse than having totally or almost empty boards. 10+ missions per faction is great - especially since you often want to work just with a single faction (BGS and ranking for example).

• Add distance from starsystem entry to mission destinations
    Is this true for skimmer kill missions?

I saw the distance for some data delivery missions but on this skimmer kill it gives the target settlement and no distance.

Originally Posted by Dominic Corner View Post (Source)
    Hi there,

In the event that you've received a very low number of missions for the board but you were meant to get a lot more, we'd prefer you knew and could retry.

Again, the aim here is to find a number where the number of people receiving the message at all is low, whilst also providing a better experience overall.

Thanks,
    Dom
    That seems reasonable, however, it would be nice to have a wait/retry button to try downloading the missions which didn't make it, which sends a msg to the server indicating which missions were received and waits an additional 15-30 seconds for the missions which didn't make it the first time.

Personally, I'd like to have a lot of mission options, even if it means waiting a bit longer.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast