Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mission Board Stress Testing - 2.4 beta

Mission board UI clunky.

Now that we can have a large number of missions from a single factions, I think the UI has become very user unfriendly.
    1. You can only see 5 missions at a time.
    2. There is no order to the missions (that I can see).
    3. There is no filters or sorting within the faction. I'd like for example to be able to order by type and distance.

Reducing the size that each mission takes up would be a start. Smaller font, single line perhaps is needed.

PvE - IronMan - One Life - One Death - Current CMDR : Chimwemwe Gwynn

I love this change, where it shows you the distance to the starport from the entry star in the mission description. Saves you having to keep manually checking via the galaxy map. A small but VERY useful change.

(I assume this is new in 2.4 - I've been out exploring for a while, so cannot remember if it was already there!)

I like the new mission board because station missions and planet missions are now separated.
    Sometimes I hate doing planet related missions because there is mostly more time involved.

Originally Posted by Wyaston Hypatia View Post (Source)
    1. You can only see 5 missions at a time.
    2. There is no order to the missions (that I can see).
    3. There is no filters or sorting within the faction. I'd like for example to be able to order by type and distance.

Disagree with this because missions posted on a first come first served basis (apparently randomly) is more human, and pre-sorting would be next-level handholding, really.

Also liking the distance to port feature, there's a thread started here with a few ideas about the formatting, which I happen to agree looks a little clunky.

(Personally) BETANCOURT ENTERPRISES [OUTPOST] [13,333.26 LS] would be enough info, imo.

Are there going to be search and rescue missions?

Am I wrong in the assumption that the new search & rescue feature is just to hand in things I have found, like escape pods etc.

I haven't seen any search & rescue missions on the boards yet.

Anyone else had them ?

So far the boards have populated fast and smoothly.

On a personal level I would like to see mining removed from the transport filter and given It's own entry, but more importantly put the filter before the mission population takes place so that only the mission types I am looking for make it to the board, else It's still going to be more mode switching until I get what I need.

I just took close to 20 data courier missions from various factions at Wescott Station in Zarece which were all addressed to either of two outposts in Kamcabi.

It's nice that those were not even close to half the mission board at the station in Zarece, and every transaction in accepting and handing in was smooth. So that worked quite fine.

But it's a bit disconcerting that every single obtainable courier mission on that board was addressed to those two stations. There would have been other possible destinations a bit further away. If the number of available missions is increased, having in a bit more variety within one class of mission would IMAO be a good thing.
    Dem white knights nerfed muh mershn!

Mission board loads within 3 seconds and apparently fully loaded at my location (DK).
    Fly dangerous, CMDR Macros Black

Originally Posted by Winterwalker View Post (Source)

Disagree with this because missions posted on a first come first served basis (apparently randomly) is more human, and pre-sorting would be next-level handholding, really.
    ah, come one
    that "handholding" is a borderline stupid argument.

i don't know what kind of "human" you are,
    but i am a human of the the 21st century, and i am used to click on column titles of lists to sort them as i want them.

Originally Posted by AlikCZ View Post (Source)
    Hello. I'd like ask you for something.
    Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    • Ship kills, and actions to complete planetary hack and disable missions will now only contribute to a single mission, this will be the earliest mission accepted
    It means for example scan job missions or war/conflict zone missions can't be stacked more than 3 times ( previous patch) AND now can't be together completed (current patch). What does it mean? Who will be interested about those missions then? If someone likes earning credits via combat it's ok, but no one will want do few missions for ten hours because for example destroying 100 enemies costs about one or one and half hour in wing....Meanwhile now we have a lot of missions and for example in boom state those trading mission can be stacked more than 3 times and without punishment. And they can be completed pretty quickly... I can understand this unwanted issue about missions progression but please if do you want this, so then for all.... (i don't want Elite: Traderoute instead of Elite: Dangerous)
    I read that as you can no longer count the same action multiple times. For example, if you take a job to kill 3 ships, and another job to kill 3 ships with the same requirements, then you need 6 kills to satisfy both jobs; further that the first job taken will get kill 1, 2, & 3; and 4, 5, & 6 will go to the second job.

I guess there was a bug where kills or actions were being counted for multiple concurrent missions.

Originally Posted by Winterwalker View Post (Source)

Also liking the distance to port feature, there's a thread started here with a few ideas about the formatting, which I happen to agree looks a little clunky.

(Personally) BETANCOURT ENTERPRISES [OUTPOST] [13,333.26 LS] would be enough info, imo.

I'm not asking for pre-sorting!
    I'm asking for a way to put order into what's there, the similar to the way we can filter the whole board. A simple sort order facility isn't too much to ask for.

Originally Posted by isokix View Post (Source)
    Are there going to be search and rescue missions?

Am I wrong in the assumption that the new search & rescue feature is just to hand in things I have found, like escape pods etc.

I haven't seen any search & rescue missions on the boards yet.

Anyone else had them ?
    I've seen a few, the same as we already have. Salvage escape pods for surfaces etc. But they do appear to be very rare compared to all the other missions. They were also hand in through mission board so nothing to do with the S&R.

It's so nice to see some decent rewards. Hopefully you don't nerf them too hard when you go live. It's almost back to 2.1 levels of enjoyable but with extra missions to pick from. Wonderful. I love it.
    Elite Trade : 6/3/17. Hour 1019.
    Elite Exploration : 14/3/17. Hour 1061.
    First discovered star and planets : 30/5/17. Hour 1301.
    If you're that fussed about immersion then press CTRL+ALT+G

Originally Posted by AlikCZ View Post (Source)
    Hello. I'd like ask you for something.

It means for example scan job missions or war/conflict zone missions can't be stacked more than 3 times ( previous patch) AND now can't be together completed (current patch). What does it mean? Who will be interested about those missions then? If someone likes earning credits via combat it's ok, but no one will want do few missions for ten hours because for example destroying 100 enemies costs about one or one and half hour in wing....Meanwhile now we have a lot of missions and for example in boom state those trading mission can be stacked more than 3 times and without punishment. And they can be completed pretty quickly... I can understand this unwanted issue about missions progression but please if do you want this, so then for all.... (i don't want Elite: Traderoute instead of Elite: Dangerous)

Speak for yourself. I love doing these missions, & found the stacked mission exploit to be horrible & gamey....I am glad it has been done away with.

Loaded up Beta - LOVE IT!!!!
    Also mission rewards are much more balanced and actually worth hauling stuff.

Mission board is giving missions aplenty.
    The message tab is much better organized. LOVE IT!!!
    2.4 can't come live fast enough.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast