Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Ship Rebuy Penalty Cost Discussion

Why not pay your Victims rebuy or 1 million credits which ever is more that way seal clubbing becomes expensive and griefing won't lumber you with a multi million credit bill because someone flew fighter with no shields into you

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

This thread is for feedback about the Ship Rebuy Penalty Cost only. Please keep on topic, off topic posts may be deleted without warning!

Ship Rebuy Penatly Cost Rules
    • If A Commander commits the crime of murder against another Commander, the rebuy cost of the ship used during the crime is logged.
    • This value is added to any legal costs during the rebuy flow if the Commander is rebuying at a starport in the jurisdiction that the crime was committed in IF the Commander in the meantime had switched ships to a cheaper vessel.

This change is expressly to stop the exploit of avoiding rebuy costs of ships by swapping to a cheap/free vessel before allowing the authorities to scan and destroy you to clear the crimes with minimal costs.

As an example: I kill a human Commander in my fourteen million rebuy Anaconda, then switch to a Hauler before being scanned and destroyed by a bounty hunter. I respawn at a starport in the same jurisdiction where I killed the human Commander, because that's where I was docked in the first place.

Before, I would only have to pay the bounty and fines for the jurisdiction, along with the rebuy cost of my hauler. Now, I will have an additional penalty cost of fourteen million credits.

We'd love to hear from you about this feature. Is it too harsh, too lenient, just right, not working in some way? Please pop a post in!
    To me it looks like a very interesting idea and a nice fair add to the game.

Originally Posted by Jpfan01 View Post (Source)
    You're reading comprehension is not my problem. I already listed examples, then you say "list examples" like you didn't even read. I explained how this can be abused and change pvp fights directly in two examples and you say "how does this affect pvp?" Then I even included a picture.

I can't make you more able to comprehend what you read, sorry.

Here's another example of how to avoid part of the penalty. Build a hauler taxi, go murder people and rack up a huge bounty. Then switch to a sidewinder, do the suicide sidewinder option, chose the freeship instead of rebuy and then spawn where your travel taxi is, problem solved.
    Sorry, I don't have the time or inclination to keep going back and checking every one of you posts to see how you've edited them to add more information after someone questions you about something. There was no picture when I asked the second question, not that I understand what you're getting at anyway, though that is my fault.

You don't have to pay legal costs if you choose, to start in the free Sidewinder? I'd say that's an issue if correct and the legal costs need to be the same whether it's a rebuy or free start.

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    You don't have to pay legal costs if you choose, to start in the free Sidewinder? I'd say that's an issue if correct and the legal costs need to be the same whether it's a rebuy or free start.
    Correct, the free sidewinder should still require the rebuy cost of the expensive murder ship. This will be the first way people try to get around it. If this is anything like any other "give us your opinion thread", it will be completely ignored and abused for several patches if they choose to deal with it at all.

Originally Posted by Jpfan01 View Post (Source)
    Correct, the free sidewinder should still require the rebuy cost of the expensive murder ship. This will be the first way people try to get around it. If this is anything like any other "give us your opinion thread", it will be completely ignored and abused for several patches if they choose to deal with it at all.
    Well if you've tested it and the rebuy of the expensive ship is not added to the free ship option, then good spot and put a bug report in.

This is such a poorly thought out implementation.

Situation:

An FDL kills a clean ship in PvP. 10k bounty and 4 mil added to rebuy for the FDL. If the FDL dies, it pays 4,010,000 cr in bounties/legal costs plus another 4mil in rebuy. All this does is make sure that if I kill one clean ship, I'd might as well kill a bunch because I'm paying 4 mil no matter what.

Additionally, this will encourage suicidewinders because the legal cost is added regardless of what ship you die in. In the above example, if the FDL switches to a sidewinder, they only pay 1x rebuy rather than 2x. Problem still not solved for anyone.

Well if you've tested it and the rebuy of the expensive ship is not added to the free ship option, then good spot and put a bug report in.
    Although, to be fair, selecting the free ship would lose the destroyed one lol

Originally Posted by nathdixon92 View Post (Source)
    Although, to be fair, selecting the free ship would lose the destroyed one lol
    Unless they swapped to a Sidewinder and then took the free Sidewinder.

Originally Posted by PeLucheuh View Post (Source)
    Regardings my tests, it is bugged : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5832059
    Have you put a bug report in then?

Unless they swapped to a Sidewinder and then took the free Sidewinder.

Have you put a bug report in then?
    In-game yes

Originally Posted by PeLucheuh View Post (Source)
    In-game yes
    I didn't know you could do bug reports in game

i would like the penalty to take in consideration the cost of the ship and cargo value.

is it the rebuy cost per offence(or murder) or just a one off. It really should be per murder, otherwise there is zero deterrence esp if the bounty is only local to that system

This reads to me like you just jump to a different system to avoid the whole thing or does this include the new pilots federation thing? If so then i just jump to an amarchy system then do it and im free? I dont get it

I would like to see this mechanic extended to all murder. NPC and PC.
    Lol, yea, got to do something about those NPC griefers... /s

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast