Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 620

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Ship Rebuy Penalty Cost Discussion

  1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1
    Sandro Sammarco is online now
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous
    Frontier Employee

    Ship Rebuy Penalty Cost Discussion

    Hello Commanders!

    This thread is for feedback about the Ship Rebuy Penalty Cost only. Please keep on topic, off topic posts may be deleted without warning!

    Ship Rebuy Penatly Cost Rules
    • If A Commander commits the crime of murder against another Commander, the rebuy cost of the ship used during the crime is logged.
    • This value is added to any legal costs during the rebuy flow if the Commander is rebuying at a starport in the jurisdiction that the crime was committed in IF the Commander in the meantime had switched ships to a cheaper vessel.

    This change is expressly to stop the exploit of avoiding rebuy costs of ships by swapping to a cheap/free vessel before allowing the authorities to scan and destroy you to clear the crimes with minimal costs.

    As an example: I kill a human Commander in my fourteen million rebuy Anaconda, then switch to a Hauler before being scanned and destroyed by a bounty hunter. I respawn at a starport in the same jurisdiction where I killed the human Commander, because that's where I was docked in the first place.

    Before, I would only have to pay the bounty and fines for the jurisdiction, along with the rebuy cost of my hauler. Now, I will have an additional penalty cost of fourteen million credits.

    We'd love to hear from you about this feature. Is it too harsh, too lenient, just right, not working in some way? Please pop a post in!

  2. #2
    • Ship Rebuy Penalty – When a player commits the crime of murder (PvP only), an additional cost is added if they swap to a less expensive ship before paying legal costs during the rebuy flow

    The additionnal cost is added even if you don't stay in a less expensive ship. I pvp alone and pve with spouse. If I'm pvp'ing and get a bounty then decide to play with them later in more pve scenarios I'm automatically punished for switching ships it seems like. If they don't want to play anymore and I switch back to my pvp ship to keep playing, all of a sudden my rebuy is doubled?

    Then there's griefing other people. Don't like someone, use a sidewinder kill yourself flying into them. Not near a station to abuse the speed limit? Go into rez site with a sidewinder, find a human player and just fly purposely in front of a player shooting at NPCs (with crimes ON) and then speed into an asteroid. Free conda, cutter, vette rebuy grief.

    There's also tons of room for abusing the new crimes changes, like when someone that is a sore loser turns crimes on right before losing a pvp fight or the trick gimmick where you form a full wing, make one the healer then everyone but them has crimes off but the healer has crimes on. A normal pvp fight becomes a troll fest when the competing wing tries to remove the healer.

    A possible solution: make flipping reporting crimes on or off need to be done in station or not for x amount of time after pvp. How many scenarios do you really need to flip crimes on from off on the fly?

    I have no problem paying the rebuy cost of my pvp ship and fines incurred being bad. If I lose, that's the price to pay. But beyond that is carebear stroking. I get the need to remove people suicidewindering their bounty away for pennies, but you need to think these things out a lot more because people are already coming up with ideas to abuse this and it's barely in beta.

  3. #3
    If i were to kill a player while flying my imperial eagle, then switch to an anaconda and go on an NPC murder-spree, then switch to a "suicidewinder", which ship rebuy would count towards the crimes?

  4. #4
    I for one love it!!!!

    Windows 10 (64 bit) 32 GB Memory CPU i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition HTC VIVE

  5. #5
    I certainly like the idea in principle and think it sounds like a good starting point. How long does it remember the ships for?

    For example: I commit murder in an Annie and the switch to a FDL and commit another murder and then to a T9 and commit another murder. When I am scanned and killed by a BH in my hauler, does it add all 3?

    I would like to see this mechanic extended to all murder. NPC and PC.



    Originally Posted by Jpfan01 View Post (Source)
    I have no problem paying the rebuy cost of my pvp ship and fines incurred being bad. If I lose, that's the price to pay. But beyond that is carebear stroking. I get the need to remove people suicidewindering their bounty away for pennies, but you need to think these things out a lot more because people are already coming up with ideas to abuse this and it's barely in beta.

    I don't understand how what you said before this paragraph was related to the OP, so could you explain please? Also if people are coming up with ideas to abuse it, them share them.

    Originally Posted by tomparkes1993 View Post (Source)
    If i were to kill a player while flying my imperial eagle, then switch to an anaconda and go on an NPC murder-spree, which ship rebuy would count towards the crimes?
    No, it says "at the time the crime was logged" in the OP

    Elite

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    I don't understand how what you said before this paragraph was related to the OP, so could you explain please? Also if people are coming up with ideas to abuse it, them share them.
    I literally listed 4 ways to abuse the new rebuy changes incurred from the pentalty system to punish people. I don't know how to make you understand the first idea of being 2x dinged for playing multiple roles in the game.

    Like this: https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...771/bounty.PNG

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Ship Rebuy Penatly Cost Rules
    • This value is added to any legal costs during the rebuy flow if the Commander is rebuying at a starport in the jurisdiction that the crime was committed in IF the Commander in the meantime had switched ships to a cheaper vessel.

    This currently seems to apply even if you don't switch. Is this a bug or intended behaviour?

  8. #8
    1. if iI crash a sidey in a speeding Anaconda near a dock, will it count like the Anaconda murdered me?
    2. And if I kill multiple players, will every kill add a whole rebuy to my panalty?
    If not, then I could kill one Commander in a Viper get the panalty and switch to my Anaconda and go for spree...

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    I would like to see this mechanic extended to all murder. NPC and PC.
    Applying this mechanic to NPC kills would be ridiculous. Surely this mechanic is to deter "griefing" (whatever that is ). It certainly should not be applied to NPC kills.
    Duchess Commander Crank Larson

    Twitch | YouTube

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Jpfan01 View Post (Source)
    I literally listed 4 ways to abuse the new rebuy changes incurred from the pentalty system to punish people. I don't know how to make you understand the first idea of being 2x dinged for playing multiple roles in the game.
    Well editing your post to add more detail, after I asked the question, is always a good way to start.

    I still don't see how PvP fights would be different to how they are now, unless of course you were clean to start the fight. I do like the idea of adding flipping report crimes against me, to the list of things I'd like to see have a timer/CD in what are dangerous situations.

    Elite

  11. #11
    Have different security levels with different responce for each say 10 levels 0 is anarchy 10 is corporate state
    Security responce is immediate at level 10 getting slowed until level 0 is reached when they don't turn up at all a level 10 crime you pay 100% of ship value when crime committed 90% at level 9 80 at level 8 etc all way to zero
    I don't know what life expectancy is for average PVP fight but I'd go with about 20 secs per securty level in responce time that way you can commit a crime if your quick and willing to pay the price
    And have a securty rating for player that way if you commit a crime you'll get attacked within 20 secs of entering a higher level area than you have clearance for that way you won't get pinned in one system for committing crimes but travel becomes much harder

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by CMDR Crank Larson View Post (Source)
    Applying this mechanic to NPC kills would be ridiculous. Surely this mechanic is to deter "griefing" (whatever that is ). It certainly should not be applied to NPC kills.
    This mechanics is to stop people swapping into sidewinders to clear their bounties, do you normally rack up lots of bounties against NPC ships and then swap into a cheap ship if you want to clear your crimes?

    Elite

  13. #13
    May we declare Powerplay hotspots free zones for PvP combat (edit: between pledged players, of course)? It's already annoying to become wanted when you try to defend your territory from hostile ships... This rule would create the basis for a lot of trolling by switching crimes Off/On.


    https://maxwellcorp.wordpress.com

    In-game: John F Casey

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    Well editing your post to add more detail, after I asked the question, is always a good way to start.

    I still don't see how PvP fights would be different to how they are now, unless of course you were clean to start the fight. I do like the idea of adding flipping report crimes against me, to the list of things I'd like to see have a timer/CD in what are dangerous situations.
    You're reading comprehension is not my problem. I even included a picture. I already listed examples, then you say "list examples" like you didn't even read. I explained how this can be abused and change pvp fights directly in two examples and you say "how does this affect pvp?"

    I can't make you more able to comprehend what you read, sorry.

    Here's another example of how to avoid part of the penalty. Build a hauler taxi, go murder people and rack up a huge bounty. Then switch to a sidewinder, do the suicide sidewinder option, chose the freeship instead of rebuy and then spawn where your travel taxi is, problem solved.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by CMDR John Casey View Post (Source)
    May we declare Powerplay hotspots free zones for PvP combat (edit: between pledged players, of course)? It's already annoying to become wanted when you try to defend your territory from hostile ships... This rule would create the basis for a lot of trolling by switching crimes Off/On.
    There really does need to be some adjustments made for powerplay. Being pledged to one and not able to attack their enemies when they invade your powerplay system is a poor way to deal with it.

Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast