Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Ship Rebuy Penalty Cost Discussion

Originally Posted by raymondo the great View Post (Source)
    Oh and "on topic"

Given that Sandro said earlier in this thread that sidewiping is indeed an exploit, and that forum rules forbid posting of cheats/exploits, every time I see someone suggesting it I'm going to highlight that it is an exploit and report the person suggesting cheating and see if the mods will actually stick to the rules.....any help from others doing this would be appreciated!
    I report that sort of thing as well, but it's hard to report that one when Sandro is actively condoning it for non pvp Pilots by actively refusing to apply an existing fix. While I like a lot of the changes, this one leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

And on the subject of fixing things, Sandro I'd love it if you could get the station NPCs to stop griefing me. I'm sick of trying to dock only to find an npc on my designated pad.

The problem with "education" is every time you every try and educate someone as to what they did wrong you get told to "stop telling people to git gud" "you are not being supportive" etc.
    Which is why the game itself has to do it. The phrase "git gud" needs to die a fiery death, it's part of the problem, not the solution.

I mean I still see threads of people being wrecked by missiles in shieldless ships a full YEAR after the forums were ablaze post 2.1 with people like me saying "fit a point defence and some shields" And yes some of those moaning are still the same people.
    Yep, some people cannot be helped.

When they think "playing their way" means maxing their cargo with no shields and having no danger we are onto a hiding to nothing with education. Which is basically the same as with stats, and you are right there, but I'd dang well like to be able to back up my "PvP is limited" comments
    Yup, this is why we need the game to set the "tone" to "dangerous" by having your ship lights go red when you arrive in a system where (the servers know) that multiple player deaths have recently occurred, you might even get a ship message saying "signs of ship destruction litter the area" or something. Constant reminders just might get through to people, perhaps. I would be interested in those stats, for sure.

However that doesn't mean I don't think it should be tried ingame. If it cuts the board rants by 1% IMO that would be time well spent! Plus I think incident reports would be coooool!
    I know right!

Also I think external sites could help here too, the amount of people who think a good trader build has now/crap shields because Coriolis etc told them it did.... though ingame perhaps removing/downsizing shields should come with a warning "are you sure you want to remove this, you could easily die" etc There are I think a lot of things both the Devs and the community together could be doing here to help, though I think effort from both sides is needed as the community (or parts of it) have made efforts but without devs also ramming home a similar message it often gets ignored, especially given the vast majority of players will simply not be engaging on the forums
    You may be right WRT coriolis.. I guess everyone has a slightly different idea about what constitutes "optimal".

Perhaps the game could supply some of the newer stats coriolis shows, where you can select an enemy ship/loadout and it tells you how long you'd last. It could be as simple as the game grading your defensive capability with a stat.. ranging from "bunny rabbit" to "armadillo" Not sure how to calculate it, but build a clever algorithm in there and give people some honest feedback.

Originally Posted by nrage View Post (Source)
    Yup, this is why we need the game to set the "tone" to "dangerous" by having your ship lights go red when you arrive in a system where (the servers know) that multiple player deaths have recently occurred, you might even get a ship message saying "signs of ship destruction litter the area" or something. Constant reminders just might get through to people, perhaps. I would be interested in those stats, for sure.
    "Red Alert, Red Alert!" etc

With the audio overhaul they are implying will make for some cool future stuff I'm hoping that stuff like this would be possible, thinking like some of the audio/plugins that give you system info only native and giving you crucial stuff rather than "system population" you are getting "Be alert commander, 10 other members of the pilots federation have been killed in this sector in the last 24 hours" or "no recent pirate activity detected in this sector"

Could even work with the "system preview" with a Pilots Fed RAG system giving you a warning on your HUD based on recent commander deaths, so when you line up for that final jump to the CG you see an alert warning that people are dying in droves etc and you can stay even safer Or get ready for some fun!

Originally Posted by nrage View Post (Source)
    You may be right WRT coriolis.. I guess everyone has a slightly different idea about what constitutes "optimal".
    I'm just going to leave this here....

https://youtu.be/Uh9AWV_BWo0

I'm just going to leave this here....

https://youtu.be/Uh9AWV_BWo0
    I whipped up a couple of trade 'conda outfits today with just Martuuk and Farseer engineering. For the low, low cost of 32-128t of cargo space!

5a https://eddp.co/u/RAK47mmS
    6a https://eddp.co/u/YFUn49AD
    7a https://eddp.co/u/miohszBz

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142