Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Rebuy Update Discussion

  1. This is the last staff post in this thread. #1
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous Frontier Employee

    Rebuy Update Discussion

    Hello Commanders!

    This thread is for feedback about the Rebuy Update only. Please keep on topic, off topic posts may be deleted without warning!

    Rebuy Update Changes
    • Commanders now have the ability to sell stored ships as to pay for rebuy costs.
    • The Rebuy Balance sheet has been simplified.

    We'd love to hear from you about this feature. Is it too harsh, too lenient, just right, not working in some way? Please pop a post in!

  2. #2
    I agree with it, if you have assets available you should be able to liquidate them in order to recover your ship. Totally makes sense.

    (this is from someone who has never flown without insurance or had a loan)

    It just makes sense.

  3. #3
    I have not tried it (yet!) but would it add too much complication to possibly sell individual modules *or* the whole ship?

    My armour on my Corvette is worth x 2 of the hull itself, it would be nice as then you would not lose those engineered modules.

  4. #4
    Asset liquidation... a nice touch of reality there.

  5. #5
    It's a welcomed change, it is your stuff after all. But doing this while also nerfing the mission-stacking doesn't help those of us who never took advantage of any "easy money" tactics. I have well over 3,000 hours and probably have about 1 billion total credits. There should be some option, somewhere, somehow, to lessen the insurance. The mission buffs will likely not be enough to be worth the time it will take, just going off of the past years this game has been out.

    Why has there never been an option to lower your rebuy the way people got to with kickstarters and such? Even half of what they get to pay for grinding a faction or something.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Rubbernuke View Post (Source)
    I have not tried it (yet!) but would it add too much complication to possibly sell individual modules *or* the whole ship?

    My armour on my Corvette is worth x 2 of the hull itself, it would be nice as then you would not lose those engineered modules.
    Indeed. Or, at the very least it could "store" all modules (reverting ship to E rated as first purchased) before selling it. This is how we currently tend to sell off ships anyway, selling or storing expensive modules to replace them with E rated so we don't lose CR on the modules during the sale process.

  7. #7
    I think it's a great change. It didn't make much sense that the insurance company wouldn't let you look at another screen for a moment to raise funds.

    Some people may object to perceived "leniency" towards players who take the risk of flying without rebuy. But when losing a favorite ship could be enough to make many players outright quit, I think it's important to provide mechanics which allow them to at least redirect the loss.

  8. #8
    I think this is a good change too, but with the added flexibility (and from a lore perspective perhaps with war imminent) I am wondering if it is time to review the insurance costs with maybe a slight increase 10-25%? Or further increases based on engineered modules (custom increases rebuy costs)?

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Aussiedroid View Post (Source)
    I think this is a good change too, but with the added flexibility (and from a lore perspective perhaps with war imminent) I am wondering if it is time to review the insurance costs with maybe a slight increase 10-25%? Or further increases based on engineered modules (custom increases rebuy costs)?
    An emphatic no to the above, not at all in fact, the exact opposite a major decrease in rebuys. Perhaps then some might become less protective of that pile of credits, more willing to risk a ship.


    Having the ability to liquidate assets on a rebuy is a good thing IMO.

    J

  10. #10
    Perfect! And obvious really

  11. #11
    Like the idea, makes ALOT of sense but... perhaps addition of selling stored equipment would be nice too.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post (Source)
    An emphatic no to the above, not at all in fact, the exact opposite a major decrease in rebuys. Perhaps then some might become less protective of that pile of credits, more willing to risk a ship.


    Having the ability to liquidate assets on a rebuy is a good thing IMO.

    J
    Exactly, reduce the rebuys.

    If a rebuy is the death penalty in this game, it should not be there to break you, if you don't have the credits. I'll be more inclined to play this game as intended, take greater risks, if not for the setback incurred, costing hours and gameplay, and then more hours to get back to the same point.

    Liquidating assets good.

  13. #13
    Just be careful with that rebuy screen. I had 2 rebuys in Beta. The first worked normally where I got the ship back with all modules.

    Second time I intended to rebuy the entire ship and all modules, but when I re-spawned in the starport, all of my optional internals, hardpoints, and utilities were empty. The core modules were intact.

    I don't know if this is a bug in the rebuy screen, or maybe simply mousing over the various modules changes the state or what, but it was not obvious I had not re-bought the entire ship.

    At least there should be a final confirmation list by module, of what you are selling and buying.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by rlsg View Post (Source)
    Like the idea, makes ALOT of sense but... perhaps addition of selling stored equipment would be nice too.
    agreed.

  15. #15
    I didn't try the BETA, I must say, there's an option to sell your stored ships IN PIECES.

    So allow us to sell each modules, or the whole ship without module, or something of that nature....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast