Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Rebuy Update Discussion

Yes, it now lets you buy back the entire ship or you can select which modules to buy back and which to sell.

Currently there's a button that says "REBUY ALL".

If you hit that button it does the opposite of what it says - it de-selects all modules so that when you re-purchase your ship, all but your core modules are empty. What the button really does is toggle the rebuy selection on all modules at once.

Now I may not be the sharpest knife in the block, but if a button says Rebuy All, that's what I'd expect it to do. So I hit the button then hit the purchase button. Lost everything but the core modules.

Be careful out there commanders. A mistake on this screen cannot be reversed.

Originally Posted by RevLogos View Post (Source)
    Yes, it now lets you buy back the entire ship or you can select which modules to buy back and which to sell.

Currently there's a button that says "REBUY ALL".

If you hit that button it does the opposite of what it says - it de-selects all modules so that when you re-purchase your ship, all but your core modules are empty. What the button really does is toggle the rebuy selection on all modules at once.

Now I may not be the sharpest knife in the block, but if a button says Rebuy All, that's what I'd expect it to do. So I hit the button then hit the purchase button. Lost everything but the core modules.

Be careful out there commanders. A mistake on this screen cannot be reversed.
    Ouch! That's pretty confusing!

Great idea, esp. if you include the option to also store or sell off modules individually. Furthermore, I second the idea of actually lowering the rebuy. It may reduce the RP immersion somewhat, but massively increase the fun factor. Anecdotal: I have fully engineered, very expensive big ships, but almost always fly an iEagle or iCourier, just to be able to have a (literal) blast.

r,
    j,

Make insured ships come with only vanilla modules. If you had engineered modules, it will be lost. Or at least, make the modded modules rebuy really expensive. Thatould work very well to PvPeer's have a sense of danger.

Originally Posted by Hasmodai View Post (Source)
    Make insured ships come with only vanilla modules. If you had engineered modules, it will be lost. Or at least, make the modded modules rebuy really expensive. Thatould work very well to PvPeer's have a sense of danger.
    It would affect all players - which is why, during a pre-Engineers stream, when Michael Brookes was asked "will Engineered modifications to equipment be replaced on rebuy", the answer was "yes they will".

What's a re-buy screen?

Originally Posted by GJ51 View Post (Source)
    What's a re-buy screen?
    When you see it, you'll know....

Hello CMDR's

For clarification purposes, if I end up in a bankrupt condition, and have a ship or inventory in storage somewhere, my only choice is to liquidate all for the funds to "rebuy" the currently active (destroyed) ship?

Can't I just use my ship in storage?

Rather than a "free beam in to the station" where it is located, I could choose to have the ship transferred to my current location, with a loan for the transfer costs?

Even in a bankruptcy, your allowed to keep one car.

Again, for clarification, if you have multiple ships and inventory at multiple stations, are you allowed to pick from this list as to what assets to liquidate?

Just liquidating all assets on bulk to satisfy a smaller debt seems extreme, especially if you have those assets located elsewhere else.

The rebuy screen when presented seems to be (now) limited to the station and assets on hand at that station, with your only other choice being a return to the start point in a sidewinder.

I also weight this against making the thing a lawyers nightmare, and wading through what would be paramout to an actual bankruptcy, paperwork (2 page rebuy screen) and all.

Be well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12