Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Audio Updates Discussion

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous Frontier Employee

Audio Updates Discussion

Hello Commanders!

This thread is for feedback about Audio Updates only. Please keep on topic, off topic posts may be deleted without warning!

Audio Updates
    • These changes are all under the hood.
    • We have re-factored the way collision audio is triggered.
    • The music system has been updated.
    • Radio chatter has been updated.
    • Flight Controllers have been updated.

In all cases, the game audio *should* be the same before. We're interested in seeing if you folk spot differences, things that appear better, or worse, or simply missing! Pop down a post!

Still have the issue with the SRV scanner, you can not hear it even with the slider maxed out.

and in Silves Dock, (So Far) the background sounds are very loud, the slider does not make any difference , the rest are normal, been to 3@4 systems.

Scared the crap out of my dog he was sleeping next to the base under the desk!

Here is a link to a short Video.
    https://youtu.be/LHJCtyEMV1o

Well, station audio is a complete mess ATM, so it's quite definitely not "same as before". At normal volume settings the ambient noise was loud enough to actually shake my headphones. Might want to look into that.

Edit: only seems to affect Silves dock.

Originally Posted by Epicthetrumble View Post (Source)
    Well, station audio is a complete mess ATM, so it's quite definitely not "same as before". At normal volume settings the ambient noise was loud enough to actually shake my headphones. Might want to look into that.

Same here...

Has there been any increase in the audio feedback for cannons? Because this is really needed, cannons (even the huge ones) are far too quiet.

Originally Posted by Eymerich View Post (Source)
    Same here...
    Its awful. It made me jump as i entered the toaster

Yes - it only seems to be Silves Dock - other stations I've visited so far are ok. The ambient noise for the inside of the station is really loud, the docking personnel etc. are all normal volume for me though.

The ambient announcements inside of Obsidian Orbital seem to be more echoey that other announcers. I'm not sure if this is because they run at a standard level and need a tweak for the new announcer there, or if it is related to the overall changes.

Originally Posted by Epicthetrumble View Post (Source)
    I have been to 3 different stations and the audio was messed up (way too loud) for the 3 of them. The only one that was normal was the one where I spawned at Austen Town.

I have been to 2 different planetary bases, these ones are ok but there's less audio effect anyway.

The effects at Silves dock are deafening compared to the levels of chatter and ATC....

Originally Posted by Eymerich View Post (Source)
    Same here...
    Me too.

The bells, the bells. All i hear are the bells. Esmeralda please stop the bells, they make me do strange things

In all seriousness. Its overly noisy with clanging and ringing. I had to take my headset off in the station. Was fine at the thargoid site though. Very atmospheric there.

Some audio effects are missing altogether like SCBs. Other than that no change that I noticed (well apart from solves dock being super loud)

Originally Posted by optiplex View Post (Source)
    Its awful. It made me jump as i entered the toaster
    I think it's a great station upgrade! No more pad blocking because everyone is in and out in a jiffy. No more waiting around for a space, no one can stand the noise

Sounds are fine for me (so far). All I noted was a tick of a decrease of main volume so all it need was a tiny turn on the volume controller. FWIW, I'm playing in night time mode with good headphones (very linear spectrum, transparent, don't lie but *can* do bass if there *is* some bass).

I do know about some of these horrible echo effects in Coriolis stations though, but that was in the last beta for me. So I'm pretty surprised that this suddenly creeps up again, but now for others not for me? Very strange.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast