Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 117

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Route Plotter Discussion

  1. #46
    I've noticed one bug so far, so I'll post it here. I plotted a course, 2 jumps to Jameson Memorial. When I arrived, the route was not cleared from the map, but stayed as a grey-dotted line. It is now a permanent fixture on the map, regardless of what other plots I make. That first one just sits there, doing nothing. Just cosmetic, I guess, but it's weird.

  2. #47
    Originally Posted by artigan99 View Post (Source)
    I've noticed one bug so far, so I'll post it here. I plotted a course, 2 jumps to Jameson Memorial. When I arrived, the route was not cleared from the map, but stayed as a grey-dotted line. It is now a permanent fixture on the map, regardless of what other plots I make. That first one just sits there, doing nothing. Just cosmetic, I guess, but it's weird.
    it is an option that can be toggled under options in the galaxy map

  3. #48
    Originally Posted by Sid Funkleton View Post (Source)
    I'm primarily an explorer, so whilst the increase in plotting range is great I'd prefer to see two other changes:

    1. The ability to drag the route to meet my preferences; or the ability to specify waypoints along the route.
    2. The option to save the route, just so that you don't have to keep replotting a route to the same destination every time you log on.
    This! 1000x this.

  4. #49
    We seem to have been given the moon with this feature. I'm not in beta ad will wait patiently for you folks to beta-test this.

    But thanks for including this feature.

    I see value in explaining the algorithm used to determine fastest route as It doesn't appear as fast as Spansh.co.uk when it comes to the Neutron Highway.

  5. #50
    I'm going to echo what others have said about the 20k LY range. Because Colonia is =~ 22k LY away, it needs to be around 25k at least (I've got no horse in the race for a 30K range to also hit SAG A from the bubble... if you want to make that case why not 70k for anywhere in the galaxy? Probably efficiency limitations...)

    The option for using neutron boosts, and the fact you can now leave the galaxy map while the route plots are both godsends. Good stuff!

  6. #51
    Originally Posted by Becky View Post (Source)
    1. Neutron Boost Tags

    5. Minimum fuel Plot
    Can we have an option that limits the amount of fuel that is scooped automatically, so that the plotter can use "minimum fuel" end of the jump range? Currently it uses the "maximum fuel" jump range to plot distances, if the nav computer limited the amount of fuel scooped, it could extend each jump by up to 7-10ly depending on the ship/fueltank. Taking on just enough fuel to get to the next scoopable star (with a little extra to top up the internal systems tank when it runs out). When you're doing 20kly trips, having a few extra ly per jump can add up.


    Thanks.
    ^^^ THIS +1 rep

  7. #52
    Just like to point out to those wanting 22kly there are several deep space stations along the colonia route you only have to get to the first one and you can plot the rest of the route from there and I'm pretty sure as game progresses more and more deep space stations will be added
    I'm not opposed to 22kly or even 70 but with more stations come less need for more range

  8. #53
    Originally Posted by Olivia Vespera View Post (Source)
    We seem to have been given the moon with this feature. I'm not in beta ad will wait patiently for you folks to beta-test this.

    But thanks for including this feature.

    I see value in explaining the algorithm used to determine fastest route as It doesn't appear as fast as Spansh.co.uk when it comes to the Neutron Highway.
    I could be very wrong but I figured since the galmap will use every neutron everywhere and Spansh uses only the EDSM logged ones the galmap has more to calculate.

  9. #54
    @Sandro: Sounds great, will check it out in earnest when I get a chance.

    Manual route plotting/planning support would perhaps be a nice addition after this.

  10. #55
    Can we please get a "Plot Route" button to the mission board that plots a route to the currently selected mission?
    As of now you'd have to close the mission board, open galaxy map, go to the mission system, open the system map, find the station, click the station and then plot route to the station.

    Also some kind of loop route option between two bookmarks would be fine, to ease up trading or rare trading routines so you don't have to go to the galaxy map everytime.

  11. #56
    Another great feature that will go live missing essential parameters. Cannot ask nicely anymore for missing must haves. Get the bloody adjustable waypoints in the live version fdev. I know it has to go through your one million departments and one hundred offices, and ofc have to rewrite half the games code. Get it done.

  12. #57
    Originally Posted by Zebaoth View Post (Source)
    Can we please get a "Plot Route" button to the mission board that plots a route to the currently selected mission?
    As of now you'd have to close the mission board, open galaxy map, go to the mission system, open the system map, find the station, click the station and then plot route to the station.
    Ah - so you want an 'accept & plot' button on the mission boards?

    I guess I take > 1 mission at a time, so I like to see where they are all going on the galmap before I decide.

    In other news:

    Would also like a 'Slowest' route option which takes minimum (in the right direction) jumps. Would be useful for area searches - eco searches are ok, but really too long...

  13. #58
    Originally Posted by Olivia Vespera View Post (Source)
    We seem to have been given the moon with this feature. I'm not in beta ad will wait patiently for you folks to beta-test this.

    But thanks for including this feature.

    I see value in explaining the algorithm used to determine fastest route as It doesn't appear as fast as Spansh.co.uk when it comes to the Neutron Highway.
    If I had to guess, possibly a breadth first search weighted toward the direction of travel.

  14. #59
    Originally Posted by Maro-Val View Post (Source)
    Another great feature that will go live missing essential parameters. Cannot ask nicely anymore for missing must haves. Get the bloody adjustable waypoints in the live version fdev. I know it has to go through your one million departments and one hundred offices, and ofc have to rewrite half the games code. Get it done.
    Someone accidently put on their cranky pants today.

  15. #60
    For everyone who wants an increased range, it just might be the case that increases in range expand calculation time exponentially and 20kly was a nice medium of calcluation time vs distance. IE: Adding just 5 more could increase time to intolerable.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast