Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Route Plotter Discussion

Originally Posted by StarLightPL View Post (Source)
    He's trying to say "where are my custom waypoints or "via points" ;-) I also would pretty much like to have them
    It sounds like you use the paint program In Windows. You click one point let say the closest nebula then move the mouse to a new location another nebula click and it gives you two destinations. So you could click close to each Nebula and it will go to each nebula in a 20k span. So we are not stuck in the 20k in one long direction.
    CMDR Vercingertorix

Exploration Goal 6,000 to 10,000 systems.
    Current 4,000 system
    Hall 90% Power Plant 90%
    The risk is to pushing my ship to the limits with out destroying my self while exploring.

Originally Posted by BDelacroix View Post (Source)
    Someone accidently put on their cranky pants today.
    Yep. And if i take them off, you re not gonna like it either kiddo.

Originally Posted by Maro-Val View Post (Source)
    Yep. And if i take them off, you re not gonna like it either kiddo.
    Can we get Kranky Pants in the Holo-Me for 2.5 please. Preferably in Gold

I like the plot previous jumps feature.
    This is more useful to me than a 20KLy plot.

PvE - IronMan - One Life - One Death - Current CMDR : Chimwemwe Gwynn

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

This thread is for feedback about the Route Plotter only. Please keep on topic, off topic posts may be deleted without warning!

Route Plotter Update
    • The maximum route plotting range is now 20Kly.
    • Route plotting is much faster.
    • There is now an option to make use of neutron star boost when plotting routes.
    • An icon is displayed on the route to show the last scoopable star before running out of fuel.

We'd love to hear from you about this feature. Is it working as intended? Are there any anomalies, bugs? Please pop a post in!
    Great feature and going to very useful but can we please get a manual route plotter? I know I can use paper and pen and enter individually each time before a jump but perhaps a slight enhancement could be nice. It would make quadrant and other search patterns a little easier.

I would just like the ability to export/import routes in the galmap. Limit the routes to 20k. Seems like a natural next step.

Also, can we get an option to access bookmarks from the left screen. Say a checkbox when we setup the bookmark to display on that screen.

Max range exceeded error

CMDR Ron Jeremy Jr here, o7 all. Plotting seemed to work yesterday, but today I get unable to plot, exceeds range (Max range is worded wrong btw says 20ly vs 20kly) I was trying to plot from Austen Town to the Crab Pulsar. I selected jet cone boost, then deselected it and wont plot now.

The Nav panel says access Galaxy map to re-plot, which doesnt work.

Originally Posted by Jabezz View Post (Source)
    Highlighting the last scoopable star. Excellent.

Will this be prompted in the HUD somewhere as you make the jump to this star as opposed to having to make a note of its name from the map prior to heading out on the journey?

Also will it update to the next 'last scoopable' on a journey that requires multiple scoops or will you have to manually re- plot after each scoop?

Auto update on the existing plot is the best option in my opinion.
    Currently we get a reminder on the info panel when we reach the last scoopable star:
    http://i.imgur.com/daSTSB4.png

While it could be worded a bit better and IMO It would be more useful on the centre HUD where all the other stuff about where you're jumping to is displayed as you start charging the FSD but at least its something if you pay attention.

What I'm particularly interested in finding a way to test is whether this "last scoopable" feature is smart enough to take into account secondary or tertiary stars. such as a neutron star with a G class companion
    Black Holes are where God divided by zero.

Originally Posted by Zebaoth View Post (Source)
    Can we please get a "Plot Route" button to the mission board that plots a route to the currently selected mission?
    As of now you'd have to close the mission board, open galaxy map, go to the mission system, open the system map, find the station, click the station and then plot route to the station.
    I am pretty sure there was "Show on galaxy map" button in the mission details panel, so you open the galmap via mission board. Granted you'll probably have to plot the course by yourself (although plotting from local (system) bookmarks in the galmap works fine, compare engineer bookmarks). When you close the galmap you're still on mission and that particular mission details IIRC.

And on the manual waypoints - yes it would be a very nice QoL, I remember trying to ask Adam Woods in one of the livestreams about it ages ago (around gamescom I suppose?), and got completely ignored ;-) He literally picked the question just right below mine, there is no way he could miss it So yeah, I understand Mr. KrankyPants there, it is astounding that it is not yet in. Anybody who has ever used a navigation system in the car knows that not having the ability to add "via points" sucks.
    * KARMA system, not "SJW-be-good-or-else-system" - make your actions matter as a career path!
    * Invested playtime vs risk imbalance - KARMA proposal

You can be anything you want in E: D. Murder-hobo or a paladin of virtue. Too bad the available tools for interaction greatly weight towards the "murder-hobo" role.
    The best description of the whole Horizons season I've read to date, by cmdr Kaocraft
    Vive or Rift?

Originally Posted by Battlemaster Ron View Post (Source)
    CMDR Ron Jeremy Jr here, o7 all.
    +1 Rep for name selection
    * KARMA system, not "SJW-be-good-or-else-system" - make your actions matter as a career path!
    * Invested playtime vs risk imbalance - KARMA proposal

You can be anything you want in E: D. Murder-hobo or a paladin of virtue. Too bad the available tools for interaction greatly weight towards the "murder-hobo" role.
    The best description of the whole Horizons season I've read to date, by cmdr Kaocraft
    Vive or Rift?

Couple of things learned about the new plotting system and the last fuel marker since my last post:
    1. "Fuel Star" marker indicating last chance to fuel does not update until you next check the galaxy map, meaning that you will get the reminder in your info panel even with a nearly full tank when you reach the current star marked such. This gives this feature a questionable value since it should at best be there as a reminder to those not paying attention, which means your probably not checking the map if you fall into that category.
    2. Non-scoopable stars such which have a scoopable companion star are not recognised as valid fueling points as things stand now. Not sure how they will overcome this since the distance to the companion from the entry point would have to be taken into account (imagine running on fumes and finding out you need to travel 600,000ls to refuel! )
    Black Holes are where God divided by zero.

Thanks for the update on the current mechanics of the fuel scooping Sniffy. Very interesting so far.

User error on my previous post... :D

Originally Posted by Battlemaster Ron View Post (Source)
    CMDR Ron Jeremy Jr here, o7 all. Plotting seemed to work yesterday, but today I get unable to plot, exceeds range (Max range is worded wrong btw says 20ly vs 20kly) I was trying to plot from Austen Town to the Crab Pulsar. I selected jet cone boost, then deselected it and wont plot now.

The Nav panel says access Galaxy map to re-plot, which doesnt work.
    User error, my ship range wasn't sufficient, i switched ships and didn't realise so false alarm on my part....

PLEASE FD... We need to be able to add waypoints!!! Also THIS IS NEEDED NOW - some way of sorting our bookmarks - folders we can keep all our places together.
    i7 4770K @ 4.6Ghz - Corsair H80i : Coolermaster Cosmos S : Asrock Z97 Extreme6 : GTX 1080 FE : 1000W Silverstone PSU : 2 x 24" Full HD Monitors : 32gig HyperX Savage 2400mhz DDR3 : 12+TB Sata3 HDD Space : 120Gig Samsung SSD : X52 Joystick : Oculus Rift CV1 : Logitech G25 wheel : Fatality Headset : G502 : MS Natural 4000 Keyboard : Windows 10 Pro

CMDR Y2K - Your local friendly pirate

Could we please implement a method to plot a route based off Synthesis FSD boosts?

It doesn't seem to work the way I imagined, forcing us to plot the route one jump at a time.

I always thought you could plot a route using whatever grade of FSD boost you wanted all the way up to your destination point, and you'd only be able to make that route if you applied an FSD boost each jump. That doesn't seem to be the case - I'm being forced to plot the route 1 jump at a time...

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast