Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: New Limpets and Synthesis Recipes Discussion

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    My opinion for Heatsink synthesis;

Basic HS synthesis should be elements only, not manufactured. But!
    All HS synthesis should take upward of 90 seconds to complete.
    Many other combat based synthesis should also take a decent amount of time, including all current ammo synthesis. This would allow you to allow all kinds of synthesis, but the more PvP centric ones, can take a very long time, making them mostly useless while actually in combat.
    Times can be discussed.

Falling off topic, but if a synthesis module was targetable, like the cargo hatch, you could target it to take out a ships ability to synthesise.
    Might pop that idea in the suggestions box later... If I remember. Lol
    (I only typed it so I'd remember. Please don't delete me yet!)

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead
    No, in all honesty, Limpets, Missiles, Mines and Sinks should use manufactured materials....i mean, you can't just mix a few bits and pieces together and come out with complex guidance systems and cooling systems can you?

Elite: Dangerous Xbox One - Uncensored

"Remember to bring your big boy pants!"

we need more capacity for mats!!
    Just realised that we need for chaff synthesis completely new mats. I'm running already now closely on the edge and can't go mining anymore because of this!
    Please FDev give us one '0' more on the end of mats capacity

Originally Posted by nathdixon92 View Post (Source)
    No, in all honesty, Limpets, Missiles, Mines and Sinks should use manufactured materials....i mean, you can't just mix a few bits and pieces together and come out with complex guidance systems and cooling systems can you?
    Sorry, I only meant HeatSink(HS) ammo use basic elements.

Everything else can use whatever.

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

This thread is for feedback about the new Hull Repair limpets and Synthesis Recipes only. Please keep on topic, off topic posts may be deleted without warning!
    [*]Hull repair limpets repair canopy, but do not repair a blown canopy.

We'd love to hear from you about these recipes. Are they working as intended? What are the long term consequences? Pop us a post!
    I would most certainly re-consider being able to repair a blown canopy. Many CMDR's refrain from distant exploration simply because blown canopy = certain death as, even with boosts, neutron stars etc, there's no hope of returning to a starport in time for a repair when one is 1000's LY away from civilisation.

As it stands, with hull repair and AFM's, SRV's now, CMDR's are all but entirely self sufficient with the sole exception of a blown canopy.

Just my thoughts.

Originally Posted by Net-FX View Post (Source)
    I would most certainly re-consider being able to repair a blown canopy. Many CMDR's refrain from distant exploration simply because blown canopy = certain death as, even with boosts, neutron stars etc, there's no hope of returning to a starport in time for a repair when one is 1000's LY away from civilisation.

As it stands, with hull repair and AFM's, SRV's now, CMDR's are all but entirely self sufficient with the sole exception of a blown canopy.

Just my thoughts.
    Fit larger life support, and synthesis more O2, which is possible now.

You'll have 25 minutes to find more O2 synthesis materials, and fly towards your nearest station.
    It'll be as survival mode as ED will ever get.

Being able to fix a blown canopy will just be easy mode. Explorers already face no danger, except from themselves.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

This thread is for feedback about the new Hull Repair limpets and Synthesis Recipes only. Please keep on topic, off topic posts may be deleted without warning!

New Synthesis Recipes
    • Chaff Synthesis.
    • Heat Sink Synthesis.
    • Life Support Synthesis.
    • Limpets Synthesis.
    • A new limpet controller: Hull Repair. Allows limpets to slowly repair hull over time.
    • Hull repair limpets repair canopy, but do not repair a blown canopy.
    • Any damage dealt to hull or shields will cause a hull repair limpet to fail and destruct.

We'd love to hear from you about these recipes. Are they working as intended? What are the long term consequences? Pop us a post!

Hi Sandro

Can you let us know what materials and in what quantities are needed for the above. It would really help speed up giving feedback.

Hope life is treating you well.

Ben
    "It had begun with Ben Ryder, who had traded almost exclusively using shot-up pirate ships. Ben had lived life on the edge, and one day, one night, one star year, he had not returned" Ben's Keyboard controls PDF & Quick Start Guide updated 5 August 14

Originally Posted by Lobstris View Post (Source)
    Life support = Iron and Nickel? Huh? Shouldn't it at least be a component or compound you can get an Oxygen/Nitrogen mixture from?
    Iron=26
    Nickel=28
    Oxygen=8
    Nitrogen=7

2*26+2*28=108

12*7+3*8=108

80% N and 20% O looks like good air to me.

No need to stick to chemistry when you have your own fusion reactor.

Originally Posted by Han_Zen View Post (Source)
    Iron=26
    Nickel=28
    Oxygen=8
    Nitrogen=7

2*26+2*28=108

12*7+3*8=108

80% N and 20% O looks like good air to me.

No need to stick to chemistry when you have your own fusion reactor.
    By that logic, we wouldn't need any materials at all, because we could just breed them from the hydrogen in our fuel tanks... Nice try, still need ice though.

Originally Posted by DeathStroke View Post (Source)
    By that logic, we wouldn't need any materials at all, because we could just breed them from the hydrogen in our fuel tanks... Nice try, still need ice though.
    Fusion of heavier elements are supernova events. I doubt our PP can handle that.

Fission is more doable with the energy we have onboard.

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    Please, please, re-consider the recipe for heatsinks, and make it something explorers can viably get while exploring.

This must be an oversight, based on someone thinking "It makes sense to use these materials that sound "heaty" like prooto hear radiaters"

And sure, it does, but, make that the premium ingredient.

Make the basic use simple materials from planet surfaces, or obtainable from asteroids (Some explorers pack a mining laser after a certain commander needed rescuing using someone else's from the other end of the galaxy)

I think I understand the thinking now, Like I said, it's a style, sounds right thing, but this needs to be changed to work for explorers, please.

This isn't part of the discussion I suspect, but I've always disliked the way limpets require cargo space. If a miracle occured that made them ammo, it'd be amazing.
    THIS! Why on earth HEatsink should have a hard recipe?
    Greedy Raider Channel , Piracy , PvP , Tutorials, Tests , Stupid stuff and more!
    "These days any man who can sew a black flag and get ten fools to follow him can take a prize.
    They can take it because of the fear that I and men like me have instilled in their prey.
    But they can't do what I can do. They're not built for it. And sooner or later, they'll be exposed." Capt'n Flint

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    Fit larger life support, and synthesis more O2, which is possible now.

You'll have 25 minutes to find more O2 synthesis materials, and fly towards your nearest station.
    It'll be as survival mode as ED will ever get.

Being able to fix a blown canopy will just be easy mode. Explorers already face no danger, except from themselves.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead
    100% agreed. Canopy Blow , Iron man to safe space!
    Greedy Raider Channel , Piracy , PvP , Tutorials, Tests , Stupid stuff and more!
    "These days any man who can sew a black flag and get ten fools to follow him can take a prize.
    They can take it because of the fear that I and men like me have instilled in their prey.
    But they can't do what I can do. They're not built for it. And sooner or later, they'll be exposed." Capt'n Flint

Originally Posted by Han_Zen View Post (Source)
    Fusion of heavier elements are supernova events. I doubt our PP can handle that.

Fission is more doable with the energy we have onboard.
    its just that its not only fission for the math done.
    you may break one nickel down to 4 nitrogen without getting a radioactive isotope out of it (neutrons count?)

but how do you break down 26 into a sum of 8 and 7 ?

As many others have already pointed out, synthing stuff which explorers need (ie, Heatsinks, repair and fuel limpets, etc) should only take basic materials, not manufactured ones.

Add heat/energy/time/other requirements - in fact, no synthing (except for possibly FSD boost, SRV refuel, and Life-support fill) should be instantaneous.

Require some time, and some requirement such as powering down, coming to a stop, etc and you remove all synth-imbalance in combat and other immediate danger scenarios. Ridiculous (albeit rather fun), for example, that you can repair an SRV while bouncing down a cliff and end up landing safe-and-sound at the bottom., or that you can synth your multi-cannon ammo in the middle of a dog-fight.

- Micha |CMDR Myshka Kronosky|Asp Explorer "Alacritious"|Distant Worlds CMDR #254|

Originally Posted by Bunkerkind Anni View Post (Source)
    its just that its not only fission for the math done.
    you may break one nickel down to 4 nitrogen without getting a radioactive isotope out of it (neutrons count?)

but how do you break down 26 into a sum of 8 and 7 ?
    You need two of each and some 3303 atomic engineering magic.

Much less magic than torpedo synth though.

Add a new module has one use then needs syth to refil
    1 shot heatsink then syth to refill long reload time on it makes it useless for combat when your exploring you rarely need them anyway
    chaff I cant see why you would need it exploring and that just leaves door open to spamming and abuse of it in combat so no syth on chaff

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast