Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lavecon Skins

Lavecon Skins

For those of you that visited Lavecon this year, say hello to your new skins on top of all the previous years' skins, hopefully I covered most of the important camera angles. Personally I think the T9 looks amazing

T9:

Python:

Cutter:

Holo-Me:

Originally Posted by Alex Brentnall View Post (Source)
    Nice, good job, out of rep.

Yeah don't rep that, I just realised I did all that on minimum graphics settings as I was still set up that way from the Buckyball race...

TIC......I reckon all those of us who don't.....can't......go to Lavecon should have an appropriate ship skin as well. Maybe a great big wireframe sad face, or crying emoji?

Wow the T9 looks great.
    Is Lavecon some EUR show?
    Ah, it is. Too bad for, well, everyone else.

Ahh too much orange. Frontier's orange fetish.

Originally Posted by EUS View Post (Source)
    Wow the T9 looks great.
    Is Lavecon some EUR show?
    Ah, it is. Too bad for, well, everyone else.
    Yeah Lavecon is the thing in middle England that a few Elite fans started as an evening in the pub back in 2014(?), It was much bigger than expected and the Devs visited too. Over 3 years thats blossomed into a whole weekend of fun with VR rooms, events, competitions and all kinds of stuff and a whole bunch of Devs attending each year with livestreams and other bits too.

with VR rooms
    Speaking of the VR rooms, how does one get access to that VR demo for Elite Dangerous?? Now I have an Oculus I'd like to show it off, but definitely won't be doing so with my live Commander!

Originally Posted by Micha View Post (Source)
    Speaking of the VR rooms, how does one get access to that VR demo for Elite Dangerous?? Now I have an Oculus I'd like to show it off, but definitely won't be doing so with my live Commander!
    Um... Not 100% sure but let me try and remember:

I think if you start-up go into settings and enable the 3D hardware then restart it should bring you to a different main menu screen of an SRV in a hangar instead of the usual horizons planet background. From that VR startup screen you can access the Welcome to VR training and challenge scenarios I think...

The skins looks absolutely fabulous.

Would have love to have made it to Lavecon, but alas disability prevents much that most take for granted. Not moaning, just saying :-)

Thanks for taking the time to post Alex.

Yeah Lavecon is the thing in middle England that a few Elite fans started as an evening in the pub back in 2014(?), It was much bigger than expected and the Devs visited too. Over 3 years thats blossomed into a whole weekend of fun with VR rooms, events, competitions and all kinds of stuff and a whole bunch of Devs attending each year with livestreams and other bits too.
    Date: 2013
    Event: The 1st Lavecon
    Why: Four guys wanted to meet up to hand over a hard drive of data and invited others to come along. About 80 did.

Otherwise everything you said was correct

EDIT: 2014 is the year we'd all like to forget in the venue that shall not be named. (seriously)

I wish I had that Python skin! Awesome stuff!

Jealous Aussie

Thanks Alien, minor inaccuracy there and sorry for the reminder of 2014 XD

Whilst i'm here I've had a bit more time to look at the holo-me skin... If I'm honest I'm not sure how I feel. It's a freebie and I know I shouldn't complain but I have to say I'm disappointed it doesn't have any flames/bits on it and is effectively a orange suit with different highlights...

Isn't that what I T9 looks like every time you get near a sun?

Joking aside, I'm jellous! How come there no other paint jobs even half that cool which you can buy!

Please correct me with links if I'm wrong!

Originally Posted by Alien View Post (Source)
    EDIT: 2014 is the year we'd all like to forget in the venue that shall not be named. (seriously)
    2015 was the year of the naked bride, something we all remember.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast