Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Thanks Frontier for the new hair. (Yep. Kicking that hornet's nest again boys)

  1. #1

    Thanks Frontier for the new hair. (Yep. Kicking that hornet's nest again boys)

    I'll keep this post short.

    I just want to say thank you to the art team and programmers at Frontier for the longer hair in the beta. It was my biggest issue with 2.3. Which yes I know it may seem shallow to some. I kinda kicked over a hornet's nest with the last thread I made on the subject.

    Yes I know what people will say, most of them have said plenty on the subject in the old thread. But FDev did listen to my concerns with the Holo-me and I just wanted to say thanks.

    It was a major problem for me because I struggle with games with character creators that don't allow me to make an in world version of myself as I would be irl. I knew when I made the original thread that we'd probably not see anything about this till 2.4 if ever and was happily surprised to read about it in the patch notes and seen the new hairstyles in the beta build. I'm just happy I feel like I can envision myself at the helm of my ships again and at the end of the day, that's all I could ask for.

    Thanks

    Checkout my adventures here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=182780
    #BC4C
    Because every child deserves a Gold Plated Battle Cruiser

  2. #2
    Wait, this was a source of controversy when you last brought it up? I might have to find that thread, it sounds hilarious.

  3. #3
    If your hair looks like a hornet's nest, you should probably comb it!

    Haven't had the chance to look at the styles yet but if there are indeed long ones as we asked for — thanks Frontier!

    Long hair is cool.

  4. #4
    Huzzah!! I'm glad, too. I definitely am a supporter of more options in the character generator.

    ...Moved to beta discussions, too.

  5. #5
    This makes me feel weird.
    Is like politicians listened to the people and made laws for them.
    Unheard of!!!

    Wait no.
    This is worrisome indeed.
    A minority kicked out a change in the system.
    We need a leader like Putin.



  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Momoka Azuka View Post (Source)
    It was a major problem for me because I struggle with games with character creators that don't allow me to make an in world version of myself as I would be irl.
    Me too, that's why I keep waiting for beer belly and fungus riddled toenail options.

    CMDR VIN DELANOS
    CEO, Delanos Logistics Group
    Mercenary, war-profiteer, all around sweet guy.

  7. #7
    I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy
    Snaggy, shaggy, ratsy, matsy
    Oily, greasy, fleecy
    Shining, gleaming, streaming
    Flaxen, waxen
    Knotted, polka-dotted
    Twisted, beaded, braided
    Powdered, flowered, and confettied
    Bangled, tangled, spangled, and spaghettied!



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3qhle8Oy9s

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Momoka Azuka View Post (Source)
    I'll keep this post short.

    I just want to say thank you to the art team and programmers at Frontier for the longer hair in the beta. It was my biggest issue with 2.3. Which yes I know it may seem shallow to some. I kinda kicked over a hornet's nest with the last thread I made on the subject.

    Yes I know what people will say, most of them have said plenty on the subject in the old thread. But FDev did listen to my concerns with the Holo-me and I just wanted to say thanks.

    It was a major problem for me because I struggle with games with character creators that don't allow me to make an in world version of myself as I would be irl. I knew when I made the original thread that we'd probably not see anything about this till 2.4 if ever and was happily surprised to read about it in the patch notes and seen the new hairstyles in the beta build. I'm just happy I feel like I can envision myself at the helm of my ships again and at the end of the day, that's all I could ask for.

    Thanks

    Ok, now you owe us pics of your avatar with her new hairstyle !

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Remus View Post (Source)
    Ok, now you owe us pics of your avatar with her new hairstyle !
    Still working on her face atm. The sliders don't make me look quite Japanese yet. But I can post what I got currently


    Checkout my adventures here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=182780
    #BC4C
    Because every child deserves a Gold Plated Battle Cruiser

  11. #11
    And yes before someone asks, I have scars. In fact I have way worse scars that what the game allows for. And the cyborg eye represents the fact I am indeed blind in my left eye

    Checkout my adventures here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=182780
    #BC4C
    Because every child deserves a Gold Plated Battle Cruiser

  12. #12


    This is three of the new styles. I am 100% happier with the new selections. Great selection of different racial style hair overall now too. I can finally make a book version of Naomi Nagata from the Expanse with some of the epic curly hairs.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Momoka Azuka View Post (Source)
    And yes before someone asks, I have scars. In fact I have way worse scars that what the game allows for. And the cyborg eye represents the fact I am indeed blind in my left eye
    Don' worry, you made it clear in the past that you had "facial" problems.

    I wont be asking for any details. Glad you are back, that's all.

    PS : I do have a nice big scar myself over my ear from a surgery. Apparently people say that it suits me for some reason.

    PPS : I always wanted to ask. That avatar of yours is custom made ? Did you draw it yourself ?

  14. #14
    Is there the possibility then that our female fighter pilots won't all have butch hairdos that they received during the last patch?
    Look at it this way kid, you get to keep all the money.
    It's not enough to just feel the flame. You gotta burn your old self away.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Remus View Post (Source)
    Don' worry, you made it clear in the past that you had "facial" problems.

    I wont be asking for any details. Glad you are back, that's all.

    PS : I do have a nice big scar myself over my ear from a surgery. Apparently people say that it suits me for some reason.

    PPS : I always wanted to ask. That avatar of yours is custom made ? Did you draw it yourself ?
    My avatar is Lacus Clyne from the anime Gundam Seed. I kinda latched on to her during an identity crisis I had as a teen. Modeled my irl look after her. She's been my avatar everywhere ever since.

    Checkout my adventures here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=182780
    #BC4C
    Because every child deserves a Gold Plated Battle Cruiser

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast