View Poll Results: Pick three of these stories

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 01 - cleonymus - Help Sought - Missing Person

2 18.18%
  • 02 - Bikky - The Space Farers Charitable Establishment.

3 27.27%
  • 03 - JetsonRING - A little help . . .

1 9.09%
  • 04 - RoyalHankey - Psykokow's Long Journey

4 36.36%
  • 05 - psykokow - Life on the streets is 'hard'

7 63.64%
  • 06 - Listeri69 - How to make the perfect meringue....

4 36.36%
  • 07 - Cmdr Pseudonym - Squirt cream and strawberries on mine please......

2 18.18%
  • 08 - Simoof - Dancing on Thin Ice - the Charity Masquerade

6 54.55%
  • 09 - Frank - Pat on the Back

2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Drabble Short Story Contest #214: Charity Relief

Drabble Short Story Contest #214: Charity Relief

This is a Drabble contest. Please vote for your favourite Drabble. The subject this week was picked by last week's winner, Frank and insanephoton and his most excellent story.

His choice was "Charity Relief"

Psykokow hosts the Abraka-Drabble live reading show and "comedy" hour at 7pm BST, Fridays on...
    HUTTON ORBITAL RADIO! http://streaming.radionomy.com/HuttonOrbitalRadio (audio only)
    LAVE RADIO! http://laveradio.com/ (audio only)
    TWITCH! http://www.twitch.tv/psykokow/ (audio & visual)
    and will also be uploaded to his You-tube channel & anywhere else he can inflict the world with our drabblings!

Come back on Sunday night to see how well your Drabble has done. At least come back before Monday 15:00 to check if you're the one that has to provide us with a topic.

Please vote. And a plea to all of the contestants, Don't vote for yourself.

01 - cleonymus - Help Sought - Missing Person

The Relief family are well known for their adventurous nature and Charity Relief is no exception.
    Leaving pilots school during the great Colonia exodus, she became rich taking adventurers to Jaques Station. Once the nutron superhighway opened, she changed her business model by offering speedy transport services, running data and illegal goods throughout the bubble.
    Eventually her reputation made her a target for less savory characters and she was last seen entering alliance space, mission unknown.
    Her family still hope to see her again and would welcome sightings from any commander, whether it is accompanied with good news or bad.

02 - Bikky - The Space Farers Charitable Establishment.

Frank had been in the void a long time. Limping his ship home. So badly damaged that very little worked. FSD was down to 6LY, shields totally failed, thrusters at 20% power, trailing fuel. Life support finally failed, his crew that hadn't starved, dying with only a 7 minute remloc, Frank had the full 25.

Scraping through the mail slot, 'Atmspherrrrric prezzzre reeestd' intoned and moments later he thumped down collapsing a support leg.

Ignoring the engineer who came to repair, Frank headed straight for the establishment that all long range space farers know as 'The Charity Hand Relief'

03 - JetsonRING - A little help . . .

Commander Zoloft exited his battered and scarred ship and after clearing customs immediately found his way to the local den of sin and debauchery.
    With lots of fresh credit burning huge holes in his pockets he was eager to begin a protracted descent into a personal universe of carnal delights.
    After partaking of exotic cocktails and delicious confections he made his drunken way down to one of the local houses of ill-repute.
    He had heard of this new girl, a consummate professional if the accounts were true.
    Her name was Charity and he was looking forward to some Charity Relief.

04 - RoyalHankey - Psykokow's Long Journey

sweating sweating sweating move a few inches stop
    sweating sweating sweating sweating move a few inches stop
    sweating sweating sweating move a few feet stop

sweating sweating sweating sweating move a few feet stop

sweating sweating sweating sweating move a few feet stop
    And that's when they all met Carity

05 - psykokow - Life on the streets is 'hard'

My body twitched, and I let out a painful whimper.
    Id been lying here for weeks, down on my luck.
    My home was repossessed and Id been left to live my life on the streets of Birminghamworld.
    Food was not easy to find, Id scavange for it daily, occasionally having to eat roadkill for any kind of sustenance. Then it was so cold at night, soo cold.
    I twitched again.
    Cmdr Skiprat walked over to me and knelt down. He pulled some hand lube out of his bag, squirted it into his hand and smiled
    I wagged my tail excitedly.

06 - Listeri69 - How to make the perfect meringue....

'Will you stop that ruddy squeaking' Psykokow moaned 'It's distracting me from docking
    'I can't get fuggin comfy' Simoof complained 'It's these new vinyl chairs my bum crack is filling with throf'
    'We'll be docked soon just sit still, you've already knocked the shields offline once'
    'you're 10km out of the station and we're sat behind this idiot in a type 9, with what looks like Z class thrusters'
    'well done! You've just communicated zyswiggel-fuff to the station'
    'maybe if i kneel on the chair that will be ok'
    <Engine boost>
    <Explosion>
    'Ahhh that's better Chair itchy relief at last'

07 - Cmdr Pseudonym - Squirt cream and strawberries on mine please......

Cmdr Skiprat loved doing what he could for charity.
    He'd already given Cmdr Mindwipe what he believed was the Haircut of the century.
    Well everyone was talking about it.
    He was now looking for sponsorship for his latest charity event 'KumRelief'
    Planning to do 24hrs of reach arounds.
    he'd already lined up quite a selection of the galaxies D list celebrities to take part.
    Cmdr Hankey was the first to sign up.
    He did think it was a birthday party, but he'd understand it was for a good cause, as long as his blue waffle had cleared up by event.

08 - Simoof - Dancing on Thin Ice - the Charity Masquerade

Commander Winnard like nothing more than holding balls.
    Infact it was rare to enter Winnards hole without seeing some balls.
    Masked Balls, Secret Balls, Big Balls, Small Balls, Glittery Balls, Fancy Balls. Balls balls balls balls balls balls balls.
    Sometimes they were poorly attended - this always upset Simon Winnard. He hated nothing more than when people neglected his balls.
    This Charity Ball however, was his finest one yet. Raising for undereducated, neglected and diseased smelly kids. Children In Leeds. Everyone was coming.
    This was almost his happiest moment.
    The only thing Winnard loved more than holding balls was sucking cocks.

09 - Frank - Pat on the Back

The pilot smiled, "7 tonnes of coffee donated for the famine, just like your BB post asked."

The clerk smiled back, "Thank you."

The pilot waited, still smiling.

The clerk was still smiling, but his next "thank you" did sound a bit like "go away."

"Where my reward?"

"It's a donation. The reward is the warm feeling in your heart."

"No, seriously? It took me a lot of time to hunt down that coffee. I need to get... something"

- - - - - - -

As he left the pilot made sure the receptionist caught sight of the "Thank you" badge he was now proudly wearing.

Congratulations Psykokow