Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Exiting Hyperspace appears to have changed

Originally Posted by Lucius-Darcia View Post (Source)
    It has indeed changed for binary/trinary or more starsystems. I don't know yet if i like it or not hot accidents weren't the case anymore since the last changes.
    Here some video, oh and sorry for the music, i've forgotten that shadowplay records it too if not turned off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2qz...ature=youtu.be

OT
    Haha, I do listen to the same music while playing Elite. Aes Dana, Carbon Based Lifeforms, E-Mantra and other downtempo/ambient stuff.

Originally Posted by Kaltern View Post (Source)
    Sigh

Dangerous = Rank, not Game Description.

(I should make a macro for this...)
    Despite most of us knowing this already, and regardless of the actual meaning of "dangerous" in the title, I would like to feel that there was some thrill of danger while exploring. The galaxy feels too safe atm.

Originally Posted by Kaltern View Post (Source)
    Dangerous = Rank, not Game Description.

(I should make a macro for this...)
    I just keep it saved in Notepad, with link in case i'm not believed: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...jj&sh=2af8074a

^^^ Braben himself saying it's rank, not risk level.

As for topic, kinda sad, I quite like the binary flaming death on exit, when it dumps you into "this is fine" mode.

Thought I'd seen this also in systems with a single star... And nothing else. Will miss the multi star near misses

Originally Posted by Arindor View Post (Source)
    Cheers commander, but can anyone else confirm this? I've been exploring in 2.3 for a while now and not noticed this.
    I can confirm. I hit a few systems (in 2.3) where I came out of hyperspace at a relative distance away from the star and at an oblique angle to the star. I marked a couple of these instances on the galaxy map so I could go back later and see if the behavior repeats itself in those systems.

Originally Posted by Stinja View Post (Source)
    As for topic, kinda sad, I quite like the binary flaming death on exit, when it dumps you into "this is fine" mode.
    I wonder if it's - at least a signal - of a different change?

Right or wrong gameplay wise .. in 2.3 and before every star you arrive at is the same size, because you're dumped at a certain distance from each star centre. So a Red Giant looked the same as a regular M class, apart from it's colour. The only exceptions to this so far have been high density neutrons and white dwarfs.

Is there any noticeable change (not playing this beta) between arrival at single stars of different densities then? Could it be the 'combined gravity wells' .. of binary or trinary stars is throwing you further out, or is this change restricted only to binaries?

If it is a change to an automatic, gravity driven arrival point, for me it could have repurcusions for improving black holes .. and I still think can make life interesting when setting up for fuel scooping because the temperature of the scoop star can come into play more.

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    Huh... I gotta say, I don't like this.

It might be good if this happened when you had already mapped the system out, but, before your ship actually HAS the system data, it shouldn't know HOW to drop you between stars, should it?

Even if it shuold, I think it adds more to the game to make it so, until the data is known, you get the "old" holy crap on a cracker! moment, but once the data is gathered, your ship adjusts it's future drops into that system to protect itself.

That's a nice idea, able to please every taste.

Originally Posted by Winterwalker View Post (Source)
    You could maybe test what difference your angle of approach has on where you are on exit? You happened to land safely at Cibaiawar when arrrivng from one system, but what if you approached from a different one?

I get what you mean about making things safe but if your hyperspace exit is different each time in one system, depending on approach angle, that could make life intersting as, what if you're low on fuel and absolutely must scoop from this star? I think it's easier to misjudge fuel scooping if you're a distance away and get your speed too high as you coime in (depending on scoop/heat) where in 2.3 - if you zero throttle in hyperspace - fuel scooping is 99.9 times out of a hundred a very simple routine. This change might make that 75 / 100 (at binaries at least)?
    Yes, the perspective does change (yay immersion). I chose two systems opposite sides of Cibaiawar, Jaaka and Wu Te Ti.

From Jaaka: Cibaiawar A = 41.6Ls, Cibaiawar B = 118Ls:

From Wu Te Ti: Cibaiawar A = 49.3Ls, Cibaiawar B = 119Ls:

Lot bigger changes to focus on in ED than this is. I'll take this in stride and focus on other things.

Does make me wonder what safety features they'll add next though!

Originally Posted by CMDR QUANTIS TRAP View Post (Source)
    Lot bigger changes to focus on in ED than this is. I'll take this in stride and focus on other things.
    Absolutely, but I found this an alternative distraction for explorers to chat about.

What i really need to test today, is how it works on binary neutron stars
    Hopefully it doesn't smash us into the cones^^ does someone know a system with 2 close binary neutrons?

What i really need to test today, is how it works on binary neitron stars
    Hopefully it doesn't smash us into the cones^^ does someone know a system with 2 close binary neutrons?
    https://www.edsm.net/en/system/bodie...PSR+J1856-3754
    or
    https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/20...+Canis+Majoris

seem closest to the bubble - I am tempted

#Edit: 77 G. Canis Majoris and PSR J1856-3754 (pulsar as well!)

Edit: Turns out a neutron star 138 Ls away is not a problem - going to have to find closer ones. Dropped out 0.7Ls away from first NS - no problem. More of an issue was being dropped 64 ls away from a red dwarf in the previous system - had to travel a long way to scoop - seems like a bug

Hmm Joseph's Lighthouse turns out to be bad eddb data, second NS is miles away

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    Huh... I gotta say, I don't like this.

It might be good if this happened when you had already mapped the system out, but, before your ship actually HAS the system data, it shouldn't know HOW to drop you between stars, should it?

Even if it shuold, I think it adds more to the game to make it so, until the data is known, you get the "old" holy crap on a cracker! moment, but once the data is gathered, your ship adjusts it's future drops into that system to protect itself.
    I'm gonna have to agree with this. Exploration is too safe as it is. Can understand that this feature would be boon when your travelling within the bubble but please only implement the safe distance exit when you already know the system data.

oh and sorry for the music, i've forgotten that shadowplay records it too if not turned off
    Originally Posted by optimal_909 View Post (Source)
    OT
    Haha, I do listen to the same music while playing Elite. Aes Dana, Carbon Based Lifeforms, E-Mantra and other downtempo/ambient stuff.
    I'm glad you forgot to turn that off. Was/is a real nice background to Elite
    Plus thx for the suggestions Optimal_909.

I'm ok with this provided it's a feature of different ratings of FSD.

D as is.
    C as is
    B as in beta
    A ability to choose between old way and new way.

Gives us a reason other than just range and weight to choose between those four. As it is now, our FSD is basically the same thing apart from mass range and fuel. I'd love it if different quality ratings added features too.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast