Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Exiting Hyperspace appears to have changed

I'd like that distance, I've never liked the close landing to a star set up.

For me its just too bright and even adjusting settings, I'm rarely traveling to a system to go to the star other than tagging but at that distance I can tag and move on.....also I can honk and then adjust to scoop or bypass

I actually would prefer this for all stars

Edit: What's with the mindset of everything needs to be a challenge....quality of life updates should be a sigh of relief. What's to be gained from commanders getting to close and overheating?

I'm in two minds about this, to be honest. On the one hand, it is pretty useful but on the other, it deprives explorers of those pants-crapping moments.

In addition, surely this brings up a further issue. If our flight computers are capable of dropping us from hyperspace at a specified distance from the main star, why can't we utilise this to drop out say, 500 light seconds away from the star where we know the station is going to be?

Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    I don't like it either. One of the things that breaks up the monotony of exploring is those rare systems where the jump in scares the bejeezus out of you. Those multiple star systems where your ship flies right past a star at close range and your ship's heat begins to rise quickly immediately upon jump in, and you have react fast or even pop a heat sink to deal with it or risk taking damage. This change eliminates all of that, if it stays the beta way then explorers will never need heat sinks again in deep space, and those rare exciting moments will be gone forever.

First the beigefication, now this, is Frontier trying to make exploring so incredibly dull and boring that no one does it? Why change what isn't broken in the first place? I just don't understand it....

Hopefully it's just a bug and will be fixed during the beta phase.
    Nothing beats the sheer puckering joy of jumping into a system and realising that you're fuel scooping from the star behind you after flying straight through its corona.

Visiting a number of stars I'm not as detailed per other posts. Sorry but I don't pay much attention. What I have noticed is that the PS4 version time in Hyperspace is a lot quicker than the PC version. The ending 'whoosh" sound on the PS4 also comes a few seconds before actually arriving at a sun. Just some into to add for now.

Originally Posted by Lucius-Darcia View Post (Source)
    What i really need to test today, is how it works on binary neutron stars
    Hopefully it doesn't smash us into the cones^^ does someone know a system with 2 close binary neutrons?
    Okay today i was at PSR J0751+1807 (Burnelle's Pulsar) which is a binary starsystem with a Neutronstar that has a large jet cone. As expected i was dropping out further away than usual, but not in the jet cone. So if it wasn't just luck, i would say the new mechanic is working well together with the former improvements to avoid accidents. Jumping to Neutronstars should not get someone into the cone.

Originally Posted by Arindor View Post (Source)
    Yes, the perspective does change (yay immersion). I chose two systems opposite sides of Cibaiawar, Jaaka and Wu Te Ti.
    Okay, that is, IMHO, really nice!

Originally Posted by Kaltern View Post (Source)
    Sigh

Dangerous = Rank, not Game Description.

(I should make a macro for this...)
    But the fact that you have combat ranks, and a combat rank called 'Dangerous' in the first place does imply that some form of danger exists in the galaxy - else combat ranks called Dangerous wouldn't be necessary at all.

Originally Posted by Grisnir View Post (Source)
    probably through the center of mass and passing through a star while entering the system is maybe a little, let's say "immersions breaking"
    You're not "flying", you're frameshifting. So for all intents and purposes you can say (handwave) that the star is swept "beneath" your ship outside of the "warp bubble". You don't get that in supercruise because the speeds and energy expended is low, but in the insane energy exhaustive process that is jumping between systems - why not.
    * KARMA system, not "SJW-be-good-or-else-system" - make your actions matter as a career path!
    * Invested playtime vs risk imbalance - KARMA proposal

You can be anything you want in E: D. Murder-hobo or a paladin of virtue. Too bad the available tools for interaction greatly weight towards the "murder-hobo" role.
    The best description of the whole Horizons season I've read to date, by cmdr Kaocraft
    Vive or Rift?

Originally Posted by Connolly91 View Post (Source)
    I'm in two minds about this, to be honest. On the one hand, it is pretty useful but on the other, it deprives explorers of those pants-crapping moments.

In addition, surely this brings up a further issue. If our flight computers are capable of dropping us from hyperspace at a specified distance from the main star, why can't we utilise this to drop out say, 500 light seconds away from the star where we know the station is going to be?
    Second one first, I don't think it's your flight computer (necessarily) that's deciding this new enrty point so much .. more likely lore-wise it would be the shape of the gravity well, deeper if there are two stars (unless you're noticing the same thing at single star arrival too but single neutron stars throw you further out).

If you're testing .. is there any lumpiness in your supercruise flight at all, if you fly in to scoop fuel from one of a binary pair? (that would be mint) Especially if you're in a hurry, I find myself more likely to make a mistake if I start a little further out than the standard 2.3 arrival point to scoop.

Now try it with netflix in another window? At 3 o'clcok in the morning to simulate the chances of a brown trouser moment from this new arrival point?

Originally Posted by Arindor View Post (Source)
    Cheers commander, but can anyone else confirm this? I've been exploring in 2.3 for a while now and not noticed this.
    I've been jumping quite a bit recently, this including binary systems and I don't exit hyperspace that far away from the stars. Binaries seem to be further away one from another than I remember, but I still end up next to the main star.

Originally Posted by NewBlacksmurf View Post (Source)
    Edit: What's with the mindset of everything needs to be a challenge....quality of life updates should be a sigh of relief. What's to be gained from commanders getting to close and overheating?
    It's the mindset that nothing should be a challenge, that any gameplay that presents even the vaguest semblance of danger or risk is something to be quickly beaten with the nerf bat until it limps away and that 'challenge' equates to 'unpleasant task that I don't want to spend my spare time doing' that annoys me.

Seriously, on the one hand I really don't like these clowns who talk about 'the forum dads' and so on because it's just a lazy categorisation of people but on the other I am heartily sick of people who want this to be the video game equivalent of snuggling up on the couch in their slippers with a nice half a Guinesss and watching their Heartbeat box set. It's popped up in quite a few threads recently, this concept that if you want the game to occasionally present you with some kind of challenge on which you face (gasp!) a risk and have to actually do something to avoid it, you must be some kind of bulging-eyed adrenalin-crazed ultra-alpha personality type who is only playing this because all their friends have managed to kill themselves BASE jumping and wrestling alligators.

I'm proper tired of it.

Games are fundamentally based around the concept of risk and reward. Games have required players to overcome challenges and deal with risk since I started playing them in 1981. If you remove the risk, the reward is diminished because you do not feel that you did anything to earn it.

If people want what is essentially a way of occupying their time that doesn't shake them out of their Horlicks-induced coma that's fine, occasionally I also want that. My suggestions would be read a book, invest in a nice box set, watch the cricket highlights, listen to Radio 3, or in fact do pretty much anything other than play a computer game based in a 'cut-throat galaxy' where you spend your time flying a space ship through what is supposedly the single most dangerous and inhospitable environment for human life that the universe provides.

TL;DR - Farmville is thataway --->

could it be a type Witch space? When normaly fly at the star but when you jump now Aliens pull you away from the system star?
    CMDR Vercingertorix

Exploration Goal 6,000 to 10,000 systems.
    Current 4,000 system
    Hall 90% Power Plant 90%
    The risk is to pushing my ship to the limits with out destroying my self while exploring.

that would be soooo boring. I want the possibility of jumps like these...

- - - - - CMDR WaterKant - - - - -

i5 6600K @4.7GHz on air / 16G DDR4 2400 / Asus Z170 pro gaming / 1080Ti / Rift CV1 / X52pro Hotas

It would be nice to have this for already explored systems, so we explorers have to live with the dangers to make the routes safe for those to follow. Brings meaning to exploration.
    "Foxtrott-Romeo-Alpha" - CMDR Francis G. Blackly - Soldier of Fortune since 3270
    Pilot of the Asp Explorer
    "DSE Cayetano Valdès" <- Click for Coriolis Data
    Be a commander, fly a spaceship, live the adventure.

Originally Posted by Lestat View Post (Source)
    could it be a type Witch space? When normaly fly at the star but when you jump now Aliens pull you away from the system star?
    Nah, it's most likely just Frontier changing a two and a half year old mechanic which rarely posed some semblance of a challenge into something foolproof and completely tranquil and safe. I can't fathom the reason why they are bothering, I don't ever recall this being an issue that required addressing and certainly there are many dozen other issues which are vastly more critical to spend dev time on. Explorers certainly won't need heatsinks anymore if this goes live. Elite Harmless anyone?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast