Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Exiting Hyperspace appears to have changed

Exiting Hyperspace appears to have changed

First off, my apologies if a duplicate thread (if so, please merge/close/delete).

I exited HS to a system to be confronted with no star. Thinking it was black hole, I hit select target ahead, but no response. Looking at my nav panel, I noticed that the main star was ~98ls away. I spun my ship round to see that it was in orbit with another star ~110ls away from me.

I presume that this is a new thing where, when you exit HS and would pass through a companion star, you appear some way off. If so, awesome, but I hope FD haven't got rid of the "OMG" moment if you exit between two stars.

It has indeed changed for binary/trinary or more starsystems. I don't know yet if i like it or not hot accidents weren't the case anymore since the last changes.
    Here some video, oh and sorry for the music, i've forgotten that shadowplay records it too if not turned off

Thanks for clarifying that. I quite like it, but one of the fun things that helps to break the monotony of exploration is the "OMG! I gonna die!!" moment when appearing between stars. It seems that FD are hell bent on nerfing the danger in ED to the point where No Mans Sky feels hazardous. Everything just feels too safe atm.

I can confirm
    This is not limited to Beta
    This has happened to me a few times as i dash back from a few weeks out in the black. was confused and just figured was a up or Lag

Originally Posted by slimwadey View Post (Source)
    I can confirm
    This has happened to me a few times as i dash back from a few weeks out in the black. was confused and just figured was a up or Lag
    Cheers commander, but can anyone else confirm this? I've been exploring in 2.3 for a while now and not noticed this.

Originally Posted by Arindor View Post (Source)
    Can anyone else confirm this? I've been exploring in 2.3 for a while now and not noticed this.
    I can not confirm this, Cibaiawar is at the moment my homesystem and this morning in the live version was all still usual and i was approaching close to Star A

Originally Posted by Lucius-Darcia View Post (Source)
    It has indeed changed for binary/trinary or more starsystems. I don't know yet if i like it or not hot accidents weren't the case anymore since the last changes.
    Here some video, oh and sorry for the music, i've forgotten that shadowplay records it too if not turned off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2qz...ature=youtu.be

Oh wow!

I... I think I would actually prefer that distance from the star in any system I jumped to...

Frontier
    - can you please put in an option in the right-hand panel for this???? For people using human bubble space or not having to scoop at the star itself (missions etc, massive fuel tank), this would be brilliant for gaining speed in supercruise instantly in the system! It is actually quite a big time saver.

Thanks again Lucius-D.

Originally Posted by slimwadey View Post (Source)
    I can confirm
    I used Cibaiawar as a test and found that, in 2.3, you appear in front of the main mass star upon HS exit, whereas in 2.4 you appear some way off (as per your vid). However, on my way to Cibaiawar (in 2.4) I came across another binary, but appeared right in front of the main mass star rather than some way off.

Huh... I gotta say, I don't like this.

It might be good if this happened when you had already mapped the system out, but, before your ship actually HAS the system data, it shouldn't know HOW to drop you between stars, should it?

Even if it shuold, I think it adds more to the game to make it so, until the data is known, you get the "old" holy crap on a cracker! moment, but once the data is gathered, your ship adjusts it's future drops into that system to protect itself.

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)

It might be good if this happened when you had already mapped the system out, but, before your ship actually HAS the system data, it shouldn't know HOW to drop you between stars, should it?

Even if it shuold, I think it adds more to the game to make it so, until the data is known, you get the "old" holy crap on a cracker! moment, but once the data is gathered, your ship adjusts it's future drops into that system to protect itself.
    probably through the center of mass and passing through a star while entering the system is maybe a little, let's say "immersions breaking"

Originally Posted by Arindor View Post (Source)
    Thanks again Lucius-D.

I used Cibaiawar as a test and found that, in 2.3, you appear in front of the main mass star upon HS exit, whereas in 2.4 you appear some way off (as per your vid). However, on my way to Cibaiawar (in 2.4) I came across another binary, but appeared right in front of the main mass star rather than some way off.
    You could maybe test what difference your angle of approach has on where you are on exit? You happened to land safely at Cibaiawar when arrrivng from one system, but what if you approached from a different one?

I get what you mean about making things safe but if your hyperspace exit is different each time in one system, depending on approach angle, that could make life intersting as, what if you're low on fuel and absolutely must scoop from this star? I think it's easier to misjudge fuel scooping if you're a distance away and get your speed too high as you coime in (depending on scoop/heat) where in 2.3 - if you zero throttle in hyperspace - fuel scooping is 99.9 times out of a hundred a very simple routine. This change might make that 75 / 100 (at binaries at least)?

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)

I don't like it either. One of the things that breaks up the monotony of exploring is those rare systems where the jump in scares the bejeezus out of you. Those multiple star systems where your ship flies right past a star at close range and your ship's heat begins to rise quickly immediately upon jump in, and you have react fast or even pop a heat sink to deal with it or risk taking damage. This change eliminates all of that, if it stays the beta way then explorers will never need heat sinks again in deep space, and those rare exciting moments will be gone forever.

First the beigefication, now this, is Frontier trying to make exploring so incredibly dull and boring that no one does it? Why change what isn't broken in the first place? I just don't understand it....

Hopefully it's just a bug and will be fixed during the beta phase.

Originally Posted by Lucius-Darcia View Post (Source)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2qz...ature=youtu.be

This is really good, cause I hate to be blinded by a bright star when exiting hyperspace. Imagine doing the dark hyperspace transition to super-bright star thousands of times. It's very annoying and such rapid change in darkness/brightness can cause eye damage.

A long time ago I suggested an in-game option so that players can always exit hyperspace above or below a star to minimize the annoying star brightness which strains the eyes.

In real-life looking directly at the sun causes serious damage. Why looking directly at the sun during a solar eclipse could cause your eyes to POISON themselves

While this is probably a good change, I'm going to miss the "pucker factor" of being thrown through a star as you arrive in-system. It seems Elite is getting less and less dangerous.

Sigh

Dangerous = Rank, not Game Description.

(I should make a macro for this...)

My system: i7 4790k@4.5Ghz, Patriot 16GB Viper 3 Black Mamba, Asus Z97K M/B, Palit NVIDIA GTX 1080 Jetstream, Logitech MX Master/Logitech G502 Proteus RGB Mouse, Razer Blackwidow Chroma X, 3x 23" Samsung Curved 1080p Monitors, Oculus Rift
    * Word to the wise - a higher forum rank does not mean you know more, or you are automatically right. *

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast