Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous 2.4 Closed Beta now over

Originally Posted by GarlicFresh View Post (Source)
    I think it's Sandro.
    Sandro is a servant of the space loaches

Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post (Source)
    I have always suspected Edward Lewis to be a Thargoid agent.
    If that's the case the lad cleans up pretty good for a bug. :)

Nah, he's a Hobbit, he's incorruptible.

The open beta should have some more features. Such as let us test the Type-10 Defender.

Or the exploration additions. Or the atmosphere planets. But hey, there's always phase three!

Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    They wanted him dead bad! ;)

Originally Posted by Gully_Foyle View Post (Source)
    Anyone else trying the beta notice a speed increase in the FPS?
    My old potato is faster by a third now.

E6500 2 core 2.4 4 GB 800 DRAM RX550 3GB
    Didn't measure fps and now I can't anymore, but VR (Oculus) was noticably smoother in the beta.

O7,
    [noob]

The space loach actually reminds me of the keeper Londo had to "wear" in Babylon 5.

Who thinks they should release the next changelog early to stop me going crazy?

Originally Posted by TheLawful View Post (Source)
    Didn't measure fps and now I can't anymore, but VR (Oculus) was noticably smoother in the beta.

O7,
    [noob]
    Graphics improved to . at low settings the vapours and atmostpheres of stations and stars are highly detailed .
    And in ultra a huge improvement of the stars

Originally Posted by TheLawful View Post (Source)

O7,
    [noob]
    And Lewis told us that "the vast majority of players won’t notice a difference" :) I am pretty sure that it is a result of dropping Win32 support.

LoL is this a joke? Why even do a closed beta if it lasts only 3 days ?
    Well saved me some download. I would anyway only check the bugs i did report over and over again if fixed or not and parcipate in CG for decal.
    If bugs dont get fixed why bother with beta ?

Originally Posted by AndiBcool View Post (Source)
    LoL is this a joke? Why even do a closed beta if it lasts only 3 days ?
    Well saved me some download. I would anyway only check the bugs i did report over and over again if fixed or not and parcipate in CG for decal.
    If bugs dont get fixed why bother with beta ?
    I'm pretty sure bugs are going to be fixed until the open beta starts in a few days - but you can't fix bugs that haven't been reported, hence the short closed beta: to catch the most common and/or embarassing bugs before going live for all...

Well it felt like a lot longer that 3 days to me. In that time I did a 6Kly mini exploration, faffed with my livery, Engineered my AspX for greater range, and did countless numbers of 2m Cr missions to earn over 200m credits overall in the three days all without doing one of those wrong decimal point missions.

I must have been interdicted 10-20 times by NPC's evading some, submitting to others and purposely attempting but failing to evade a few too. The Anaconda's that were interdicting me were much more powerful than the ships that usually interdict me in live and I got the rebuy screen handed to me within a few seconds most times.

I did however learn some new techniques to evade interdiction before it even starts which was good fun to try out. Using the radar and improving my situational awareness, I was able to get docked a few times without the interdiction even happening because I effectively kept breaking the line of sight between me and the bounty hunter/enemy whilst still in supercruise.

In that time I also managed to report three or four bugs.

In terms of performance I run a laptop with 24GB of RAM a couple of SSD's and 1TB HDD that Elite is installed on. It has an NVidia 870M based GFX card and I upped the graphics settings from high to Ultra for the beta. Speed wise, on High, my FPS rose significantly, on Ultra, my FPS was about the same as 2.3 is in live.

As long as the major bugs are fixed, I have to say 3 days playing 2.4 left me with good vibes overall. Roll on the public beta :D

I logged into the beta ..did one jump and got a disconnect, relogged did another jump, got yet another disconnect in witchspace ...logged back into Horizons and not been back into beta ...it wasn't all fdevs fault...our internet has been in a state of flux ..but sadly I never got to test anything...sorry FDev

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast