Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous 2.4 Closed Beta now over

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    Wow, that has to have been the shortest Closed Beta period in human history! Three whole days though.......Say it ain't so!!!!
    prob just to keep their "promise" and avoid legal issues... since they sold the beta for us , and now are doing a open beta instead...
    Greedy Raider Channel , Piracy , PvP , Tutorials, Tests , Stupid stuff and more!
    "These days any man who can sew a black flag and get ten fools to follow him can take a prize.
    They can take it because of the fear that I and men like me have instilled in their prey.
    But they can't do what I can do. They're not built for it. And sooner or later, they'll be exposed." Capt'n Flint

Hehe I was just worried when I saw the beta was gone. Looking forward to the open beta.

Originally Posted by Toumal View Post (Source)
    Or the exploration additions. Or the atmosphere planets. But hey, there's always phase three!
    SEASON 3 Pretty trees and butterflies and WAR of the DAMNED!!!!
    Give a young man a wireframe ship and dare him to travel amongst the stars.
    Imagination illuminates the darkness of the world and provides us with glimpses of what reality could be.

Crush yeur exploits,
    See zhem driven before yew,
    uhnd heur zhe lamendayshns ov deur vimmin.
    DDF, Founder, Reclamation, MH Backer. The wonder of the Emergence of Trade & Civilization: http://ipencilmovie.org Twitter JontyCampbell ask.fm/jontycampbell

Originally Posted by Darth Krayt View Post (Source)
    Likewise. I haven't even finished downloading it.

Great, i was trying to get in with some commanders to the Alien Sites, then get Probes or Artifacts for 8 Hours without any Luck just to earn this stupid Decal.
    It was so frustrating, all for nothing. I think it's a stupid idea to get any beta reward behind such a bugged RNG wall.
    (Those RNG Probe stuff is stupid Gameplay in general anyway...)
    Greetings,
    Cmdr OxKing

Ships: Exploration Anaconda: https://eddp.co/u/fUfTaz86 - Python: http://goo.gl/BL5QpW - Vulture http://goo.gl/pzpCHE - Diamondback Explorer: http://goo.gl/aL5bDH and more.
    System: i7 4790k, GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 1600mhz, 128, 250 and two 500GB SSD, Win10 64bit, X52 and TrackIR 5 on an 27" 1080p Monitor and an Elite schemed RGB Keyboard.

Originally Posted by OxKing View Post (Source)
    Great, i was trying to get in with some commanders to the Alien Sites, then get Probes or Artifacts for 8 Hours without any Luck just to earn this stupid Decal.
    It was so frustrating, all for nothing. I think it's a stupid idea to get any beta reward behind such a bugged RNG wall.
    You didn't need probes or artefacts to get the stuff for the CG - you should have checked the CG thread. You'll get another chance in the open beta.

Sleep is for the week, this was mostly at the weekend

I just hope the lack of "first discoverer" explorer bonus was simply because they weren't testing that and not a bug that gets overlooked. I turned in around 1000 systems worth of data and I got the pop up stating that I was the first discover but the credit bonus was a big fat 0!

Obviously, as this was a beta test, this won't affect it when I do turn the data in for real but I would have liked to know how much I am going to earn.

Originally Posted by AndiBcool View Post (Source)
    LoL is this a joke? Why even do a closed beta if it lasts only 3 days ?
    Well saved me some download. I would anyway only check the bugs i did report over and over again if fixed or not and parcipate in CG for decal.
    If bugs dont get fixed why bother with beta ?
    Dont you think its a good thing if closed beta lasts only for 4 days? For me that tells that the beta build is quite bug-free and stable. And it was, what i had the chance to test it, CTD only twice..
    They got what they needed, next up is the big audience.

FD had to close down Beta as an unknown Thargoid device hacked the system and created excessive sound issues

Have i to uninstall my current installation or it will be updated?

Originally Posted by TorTorden View Post (Source)
    Not too surprised, most expansion launches has been buggier than this beta, and I think I had more disconnects in live game this weekend than in the beta.
    And I spent about the same amount of time in either.
    Just remember pretty much none of the update content is going to be in any of the betas....

Instead Frontier are going to throw all the update content at players for the first time on the live servers in the form of new encounters and other similar things that in the past have almost always been heavily bugged, not quite working as they should or filled with enjoyment breaking behaviours stemming from duct-tape solution thinking.

Anyone remember the 6+ month period after Frontier added 'dynamic mission behaviour' that made a huge chunk of missions impossible to complete?

Or when they replaced that mission system with a new one populated with missions with fancy new identification tags to objects that mark them as mission compatible but then had pretty much all the salvage/item-recovery missions impossible to complete as the objective items couldn't be handed in for (again) more than 6 months?

And each time something like that happens, Frontier just leave it. The broken state gets left on live for some daft amount of time as Frontier decide that the next big update (or the one after that) they'll just overhaul it all completely again so there's no point fixing live at all.....

And that was with mission and encounter systems that had 3-5 weeks of beta testing and feedback on before going live.... When Frontier throw the 2.4 content onto live with no prior wider scale testing the thing that should be at the front of everyones mind is 2.4 is it's likely to go something like:

Followed by everything suddenly springing to life.... The Thargoids fly upside down. Shooting them corrupts your entire player profile data. Most encounters only work in Solo... if you're approaching from a specific angle relative to the systems primary star and are using a ship that's at least Anaconda sized and the server time is cleanly divisible by 14... why 14? Who knows, but that's the only way found to get the encounters trigger.

Some commodity found from killing no-brained AI Thargoid surface vehicles creates a giant credit farm explosion of 500mil per hour, and running tourist missions more than 50LY now results in fine penalties of at least 5 million credits for each subsequent jump.
    The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist. Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done." - Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Commanders, please be aware that this is a local forum for local posters. We'll have no trouble here.

FYI for when the beta starts up again - all you need do at the alien structure (settlement) is shoot up some of the "scavengers" and then pick up some bits - these are CG goods. You don't need to enter the structure at all so no need for an UA in your cargo.

What are you talking about? No probes or artefacts needed. All you had to do was shoot some scavengers and they'd drop what you needed. All done and dusted in 15min flat. what you needed to do was read what was required. Other option was to drop into solo or private group, collect the bits required, pop back into Open and then deliver them. Simples.
    http://gizmostudios.proboards.com/th...e-ships-action Home of the ELITE ship pack for Freelancer

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast