Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous 2.4 Closed Beta now over

Originally Posted by Spacemarkl View Post (Source)
    Next week... bacause of Gamesom.

OH. Yeah, maybe. But what's the point again to delay time, if there is no content. Again

Am really hoping for the Open Beta before the weekend. That way some of us can get a lot more testing time in.

Originally Posted by CMDR Rusty Dog View Post (Source)
    Am really hoping for the Open Beta before the weekend. That way some of us can get a lot more testing time in.
    Well they did say "a few days"-which normally means about 3 days. So I would expect to see the Open beta launched either later today, or early tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    Well they did say "a few days"-which normally means about 3 days. So I would expect to see the Open beta launched either later today, or early tomorrow.
    Today is not looking good, tomorrow is a better bet:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5854315
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    My God, it's full of stars!

Originally Posted by Nick Sticks View Post (Source)
    Today is not looking good, tomorrow is a better bet:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5854315
    Reading Dale's post I dont think I'd even put money on tomorrow either. But here's hoping.

Originally Posted by CMDR Rusty Dog View Post (Source)
    Reading Dale's post I dont think I'd even put money on tomorrow either. But here's hoping.
    Dale's Rule #3 is the only hope!
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    My God, it's full of stars!

Originally Posted by Spacemarkl View Post (Source)
    Next week... because of Gamescom.
    Ok, seems I was wrong.
    Griefing harmless NPC Sidewinders since 3301.

(click banner for guides, hint & tips, reference lists and much much more!)

Originally Posted by Flimley View Post (Source)
    Shoe hats reward for open beta !
    http://i.imgur.com/b3bsEQ6.jpg
    Flimley

Shoe + Hat = Shat

Originally Posted by B0SSD0G View Post (Source)
    So this raises an interesting question that I was wondering about the other day.... what happens to all the BETA files when the BETA is over? Do they get uninstalled automagically or do they remain there potentially taking up loads of disk space? I know the old 2.3.10 BETA line has disappeared from the Elite Horizons Game Launcher but does anyone know if the files get removed?

As I wrote earlier. The files stay there but not visible in the launcher. Always after the beta is over and final release candidate has come out, I delete the beta folder to save myself 15gb on my SSD

This beta started me out in a different system than I had saved in. The starter system for new commanders so,if you're in colonia you're good.

To make sure I understand, I SHOULD be able to continue on as my existing commander if I load up the open beta? I'm cruising around Colonia at the moment...if I need to play the beta as a new commander in order to preserve where I am with my existing one, that's fine, I just want to sure I understand that's the deal.

Originally Posted by optimal_909 View Post (Source)
    I never do beta, because I enjoy 'unwrapping' and enjoying the real thing only after it gets live.
    I would normally agree but I just wanted to quickly check out the new mission board and it looks good to me, although the silly rewards are quite fun.
    Commander Howard A. Jameson
    System Spec: Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7 975, 12GB Corsair Dominator, EVGA Nvidia 8GB 1080 FTW, 2x 240GB Intel 520 SSD

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678