Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Any news on PSVR?

Originally Posted by stormy View Post (Source)
    I think this is a very good point, I guess we shall find out in due course just how good, or not Beyond will be on our PS4s because as you say its only by what was presented at the Frontier Expo going to get more demanding on the hardware which could be as you say a totally valid reason why PSVR might not be on the cards.
    But then again it may not be. The new shaders could be more detailed but better optimised and could potentially run better then the current shaders. We shall find out in a few months time.

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    But then again it may not be. The new shaders could be more detailed but better optimised and could potentially run better then the current shaders. We shall find out in a few months time.
    Possibly of course but, looking at the concept art they wanted to "approach" I seriously doubt its going to be less taxing on hardware.

Recently picked up the PS4 Pro to go with the PSVR previously purchased (not entirely necessary but it does make a difference - gpu in the PS4 PRO is in the AMD RX480 class (a step up from the HD7850 in the original) so PC minimum VR spec). I suspect the issue is with Sony's rules around game releases (must be playable on standard PS4). Shame as I would purchase Elite Dangerous again for the PSVR (already own it on my PC).
    Whilst a PS4 Pro and PSVR combination cost about the same as a VIVE - the VR is mainly for the other half as she loves her horror games (especially in VR).

Originally Posted by fadingfool View Post (Source)
    I would purchase Elite Dangerous again for the PSVR (already own it on my PC).
    You sound like a prime candidate to apply for the PSVR beta program: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-body-is-ready!

I bloody love my PSVR and definitely see the potential here. However I can't see how most VR gamers could enjoy it because a lot of time in this game is spent waiting. Would you really want to have a headset on just looking around the cockpit going from A to B? No Mans Sky needs VR, there's no "need" for it here IMO.

Originally Posted by bubba17 View Post (Source)
    I've been playing with my dk2 on a 960m laptop, which graphics are about a desktop 750ti, and i get smooth 75 fps. People who are claiming psvr can't handle Elite dangerous have no idea what they are talking about.... its all honestly up to optimizing your damn settings lol
    You have no idea what you are talking about. 75 fps? PS4 Pro get's 60fps at best.

This is quite informative and since this was recorded performance has been improved.

https://wccftech.com/ps-vr-presentat...ly-specced-pc/

Interestingly - regardless of the frame rate of the video being pushed to the headset. The headset artificially locks itself at 120 Hz anyway. Although it can be driven at 90Hz if required. Latency is sub 18ms. The stuff about rendering at 60Hz but displaying at 120Hz is about 11 minutes in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234