Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any news on PSVR?

Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post (Source)
    ... I don’t think it’s too much to ask for Frontier to provide some clarity on the subject so I can think about alternative VR solutions if necessary.

It’s not an unreasonable request is it?
    No, it's not. See my earlier post.

Originally Posted by Captain LeChuck View Post (Source)
    In fairness, some clarity from Frontier on PSVR would be much appreciated.

Scanning through this thread and all the pessimistic posts regarding the capability of the PSVR. I would still appreciate a response from Frontier to if this will or will not happen. I have not heard of Frontier confirming the PSVR version of ED will or will not happen.

Please anyone with any information on this from Frontier?

Sony just announced 2.000.000 PSVR units sold in little less then the first year. FDev, are you aware that:

A) this easily outnumbers all then other headsets ombined
    B) most likely outnumbers all the copies of ED sold on all platforms combined
    C) if then price is reasonable (say <40) at least 1 out of 4 owners of a PSVR are willing to buy a VR Version of ED on PS4
    D) 3 out of 4 persons I know about bought a PRo with the PSVR because they believed it is mandatory?

hell get going, golden dollars ar lying in the streets waiting to be collected...

Originally Posted by stormy View Post (Source)
    EVE Valkyrie is basically CQC.
    please educate me... where is the difference in the graphics of ED normal mode and CQC? I did never ever recognize any. Why by anz means should fast paced Dogifight be more lightly be rendered in VR than tugging cargo in open space....

but maye this is just stupid me :-)

will not happen unless Sony surprises everyone and releases a much more powerful console.

In their analysis of this early version of the game (beginning at 4:30 and running on a base PS4), Digital Foundry revealed that the frame-rate is uncapped and ran anywhere from 32fps to 60fps in their 30 minutes. According to them, Kono said he feels “the benefit of enhanced visuals outweighs the need for a consistent 60 frames-per-second here.”
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...psvr-gameplay/

I wish I was a spaceman. The fastest guy alive...

Originally Posted by iadesdragon View Post (Source)
    please educate me... where is the difference in the graphics of ED normal mode and CQC? I did never ever recognize any. Why by anz means should fast paced Dogifight be more lightly be rendered in VR than tugging cargo in open space....

I'm just one of the ill-informed chuckleheads, but my idle speculation is that CQCC is more possible than full access to the whole galaxy because it is a limited space. It's much easier to ensure the framerate stays healthy and barf-free in such a location.

Seeing as I am a VR-vangelist I do want to see Elite come to PSVR as it is one of the most funninest things you can do with a display strapped over your eyeballs. The church of VR is a broad church and we welcome our congregation from wherever they come.

I was typing "PSVR!!" furiously when Sandy was doing his "Truth or Donate" section of the charity stream, but unfortunately he was having a lot of other questions fired at him at the same time.

Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post (Source)
    And it's been going on for months now! I for one just wanna know one way or the other, and I don’t think it’s too much to ask for Frontier to provide some clarity on the subject so I can think about alternative VR solutions if necessary.

It’s not an unreasonable request is it?
    I refer you to macOS Horizons. FDevs have left that hanging for 2 years ... so far.

Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post (Source)
    I refer you to macOS Horizons. FDevs have left that hanging for 2 years ... so far.
    Gaming on the Mac is dead. Gaming on PSVR, oh wait........

Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post (Source)
    Same thing with Linux. It's been listed as a platform forever, but it still hasn't been ported over. And as a SysAdmin, there is no way I'm putting that data mining spyware from Microshaft called windows on any box in my home. I don't care how awesome a game is, and I think Elite is the bees knees. Love this game, probably too much. And my rig is pretty kick , along with a triple monitor setup. Elite VR would probably melt my face on it. But I'll wait.

I also know enough about hardware to know that the PS4 Pro is not there yet hardware wise to make VR worthwhile. If we are lucky, the next gen will be, but I'm not holding my breath. For now, I keep hoping it gets ported to Linux, and continue to enjoy this kick game on PS4.

Bu@@er it! I'm going to get one, the deals on bundles are very good atm and I'm optimistic the F devs will come up with something in 2018. Can't see PS5 coming out for another couple of years yet.

Lol what

I've been playing with my dk2 on a 960m laptop, which graphics are about a desktop 750ti, and i get smooth 75 fps. People who are claiming psvr can't handle Elite dangerous have no idea what they are talking about.... its all honestly up to optimizing your damn settings lol

Originally Posted by iadesdragon View Post (Source)

CQC runs at a consistently higher frame rate than the main game because it doesn't need all the resources used in the main game, it has no planet rendering to do, is in a much smaller fixed arena style, probably uses lots less memory and has a set of fixed assets in space.

I am sure I read that it runs at a constant 60fps on pretty much all platforms, the main game cannot manage this at all times as it has to do a lot more than just deathmatch in space, which is what EVE Valkyrie is.

I honestly believe that FDev must have looked into PSVR and concluded that the PS4 is just not powerful enough, if it was easy to do, it would have been done.

I like you believe it would sell very well on PSVR and in a way bring more people to ED on PS4 which can only be a good thing, FDev must know this hence why its my opinion I just don't think the PS4 has got the juice. As we have seen the PS4 Pro can do 4k gaming with other titles, it is restricted to 1080p in Elite Dangerous.

There have been numerous discussions about if FDev are getting the best out of the hardware or not. Maybe work on JWE will help.

Originally Posted by stormy View Post (Source)
    I honestly believe that FDev must have looked into PSVR and concluded that the PS4 is just not powerful enough, if it was easy to do, it would have been done.
    Another consideration to throw into the mix - FDev is likely a year ahead in their development planning, and I do think that the new planetary graphics (especially Q4 stuff) will push PS4 hardware to its limit. Even if they can give us PSVR today, perhaps they cannot for this future content. I suspect there's even a prototype of atmospheric worlds up and running at Frontier.

Now I do stick by my strong stance that PS4 Pro is designed to provide standard PS4 content in 4K, even for fancy-looking games. Horizon Zero Dawn, which many believe is a new standard in Playstation gaming, looks amazing in 1080p on PS4 and even more amazing in 4K on PS4 Pro. However, there is no HZD PSVR.

As for VR, I'm seriously considering buying / building a PC VR rig in December of 2018. If you want a good VR experience, I just don't see any other option in the near future. I may very well be wrong, and that's why I'm waiting one more year. I'm watching games like Ace Combat 7, which do promise PSVR support, with great interest. I'm also waiting for Frontier's "Beyond" updates, as these will determine if ED is a game I want to seriously invest in or not.

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    Another consideration to throw into the mix - FDev is likely a year ahead in their development planning, and I do think that the new planetary graphics (especially Q4 stuff) will push PS4 hardware to its limit. Even if they can give us PSVR today, perhaps they cannot for this future content. I suspect there's even a prototype of atmospheric worlds up and running at Frontier.
    I think this is a very good point, I guess we shall find out in due course just how good, or not Beyond will be on our PS4s because as you say its only by what was presented at the Frontier Expo going to get more demanding on the hardware which could be as you say a totally valid reason why PSVR might not be on the cards.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast