Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any news on PSVR?

Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post (Source)
    ... I don’t think it’s too much to ask for Frontier to provide some clarity on the subject so I can think about alternative VR solutions if necessary.

It’s not an unreasonable request is it?
    No, it's not. See my earlier post.

Originally Posted by Captain LeChuck View Post (Source)
    In fairness, some clarity from Frontier on PSVR would be much appreciated.

Scanning through this thread and all the pessimistic posts regarding the capability of the PSVR. I would still appreciate a response from Frontier to if this will or will not happen. I have not heard of Frontier confirming the PSVR version of ED will or will not happen.

Please anyone with any information on this from Frontier?

Sony just announced 2.000.000 PSVR units sold in little less then the first year. FDev, are you aware that:

A) this easily outnumbers all then other headsets ombined
    B) most likely outnumbers all the copies of ED sold on all platforms combined
    C) if then price is reasonable (say <40€) at least 1 out of 4 owners of a PSVR are willing to buy a VR Version of ED on PS4
    D) 3 out of 4 persons I know about bought a PRo with the PSVR because they believed it is mandatory?

hell get going, golden dollars ar lying in the streets waiting to be collected...

Originally Posted by stormy View Post (Source)
    EVE Valkyrie is basically CQC.
    please educate me... where is the difference in the graphics of ED normal mode and CQC? I did never ever recognize any. Why by anz means should fast paced Dogifight be more lightly be rendered in VR than tugging cargo in open space....

but maye this is just stupid me :-)

will not happen unless Sony surprises everyone and releases a much more powerful console.

In their analysis of this early version of the game (beginning at 4:30 and running on a base PS4), Digital Foundry revealed that the frame-rate is uncapped and ran anywhere from 32fps to 60fps in their 30 minutes. According to them, Kono said he feels “the benefit of enhanced visuals outweighs the need for a consistent 60 frames-per-second here.”
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...psvr-gameplay/

I wish I was a spaceman. The fastest guy alive...

Originally Posted by iadesdragon View Post (Source)
    please educate me... where is the difference in the graphics of ED normal mode and CQC? I did never ever recognize any. Why by anz means should fast paced Dogifight be more lightly be rendered in VR than tugging cargo in open space....

but maye this is just stupid me :-)
    I'm just one of the ill-informed chuckleheads, but my idle speculation is that CQCC is more possible than full access to the whole galaxy because it is a limited space. It's much easier to ensure the framerate stays healthy and barf-free in such a location.

Seeing as I am a VR-vangelist I do want to see Elite come to PSVR as it is one of the most funninest things you can do with a display strapped over your eyeballs. The church of VR is a broad church and we welcome our congregation from wherever they come.

I was typing "PSVR!!" furiously when Sandy was doing his "Truth or Donate" section of the charity stream, but unfortunately he was having a lot of other questions fired at him at the same time.

Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post (Source)
    And it's been going on for months now! I for one just wanna know one way or the other, and I don’t think it’s too much to ask for Frontier to provide some clarity on the subject so I can think about alternative VR solutions if necessary.

It’s not an unreasonable request is it?
    I refer you to macOS Horizons. FDevs have left that hanging for 2 years ... so far.

Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post (Source)
    I refer you to macOS Horizons. FDevs have left that hanging for 2 years ... so far.
    Gaming on the Mac is dead. Gaming on PSVR, oh wait........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123