Results 1 to 10 of 10

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Gamescon 2017 Giveaways This Year?

  1. #1

    Gamescon 2017 Giveaways This Year?

    Greetings Commanders,

    Has FDev released any info about this week's Gamescon as far as streams/prizes go? I know about the community meet up, but last year they had a planet naming contest and paint job giveaways. Anyone hear anything?

    Thanks!
    CMDR Rhatigan

  2. #2
    I heard it'll be a Type 10 Defender.
    AMD FX-8370 4.0GHz / 32 GB Ram / Titan X Pascal / ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z ROG / HTC Vive / Steam VR Rating: 20937
    Independent Trader - Curious Explorer - The least talented smuggler in the Galaxy.
    "Play the game. Don't game the play." - Any grind, is in your mind.
    CMDR Shadragon / CMDR Drain Bamaged / CMDR CuteLilBunny


  3. #3
    I won I won ah what was the prize?....
    I'm a trader not a fighter baby....lol

    In game CMDR OSBO89

    i7 950 4.20ghz 16 gigs memory NVidia gtx 970 and 780
    matrox tripplehead to go 3x24 inch monitors plus two 22 inch monitors trackIR v5 windows 7 home premium.

  4. #4
    Nothing I've seen except that they aren't there with a stand this year just the community meet. I imagine there will be a few bits and bobs around though.

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Community-Meet

    Probably best putting the question in that thread too.
    Elite | Tycoon | Elite | Mostly Helpless
    Duke | Rear Admiral | Alliance
    Current Assets: ~2.9 Bil Cr | All ships owned | All Engineers grade 5 unlocked
    Saitex X-52 Pro| 3.4GHz i5 CPU | 16Gb Corsair DDR3 RAM | Asus Z87-D MB | GTX 1080 GPU | Oculus Rift | 1.25TB Samsung SSDs | 8TB HDDs

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Alex Brentnall View Post (Source)
    Nothing I've seen except that they aren't there with a stand this year just the community meet. I imagine there will be a few bits and bobs around though.

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Community-Meet

    Probably best putting the question in that thread too.
    Well according to the Gamescom directory, they do have a stand: http://www.gamescom.de/gamescom/auss...art%22%3A20%7D

    I was kinda hoping for a bit of info before their own Expo,but oh well.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post (Source)
    Well according to the Gamescom directory, they do have a stand: http://www.gamescom.de/gamescom/auss...art%22%3A20%7D

    I was kinda hoping for a bit of info before their own Expo,but oh well.
    Oh, I stand very much corrected then, maybe I got the wrong end of the stick... Who knows.
    Elite | Tycoon | Elite | Mostly Helpless
    Duke | Rear Admiral | Alliance
    Current Assets: ~2.9 Bil Cr | All ships owned | All Engineers grade 5 unlocked
    Saitex X-52 Pro| 3.4GHz i5 CPU | 16Gb Corsair DDR3 RAM | Asus Z87-D MB | GTX 1080 GPU | Oculus Rift | 1.25TB Samsung SSDs | 8TB HDDs

  7. This is the last staff post in this thread. #7
    Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post (Source)
    Well according to the Gamescom directory, they do have a stand: http://www.gamescom.de/gamescom/auss...art%22%3A20%7D

    I was kinda hoping for a bit of info before their own Expo,but oh well.
    There's no public event stand this year. Halle 2.2 would be the business side of things, so meeting with partners and folks we've worked with in the past, and such like this. There's no booth on the public areas like last year. We have a community meet-up but this won't be streamed, and isn't directly related to gamescom itself - it will not be at the Kolnmesse. There aren't any streams from gamescom this year as we're focusing heavily on Frontier Expo (FX), so there's not a giveaway!

    However, there'll be loads of news and info coming from FX, where we'll also be livestreaming the keynote speeches and info reveals. Whether there'll be any giveaways I can't confirm at this time, since the format of these streams will be a little different to how we normally do things. Stay tuned toward the end of the year as there may be more, though.
    Totally not a Thargoid sympathiser and/or servant. Honest.

    Imperial, opulent, and endlessly rubbish with landing pads. :/

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    There's no public event stand this year. Halle 2.2 would be the business side of things, so meeting with partners and folks we've worked with in the past, and such like this. There's no booth on the public areas like last year. We have a community meet-up but this won't be streamed, and isn't directly related to gamescom itself - it will not be at the Kolnmesse. There aren't any streams from gamescom this year as we're focusing heavily on Frontier Expo (FX), so there's not a giveaway!

    However, there'll be loads of news and info coming from FX, where we'll also be livestreaming the keynote speeches and info reveals. Whether there'll be any giveaways I can't confirm at this time, since the format of these streams will be a little different to how we normally do things. Stay tuned toward the end of the year as there may be more, though.
    Ah okay then I stand corrected too Looking forward to the news then.

  9. #9
    Kinda disappointed. Missed the opportunity to sign up for the meet, and now I've got to read there won't be anything else for us fans at all. I guess there's no way to get into the community meet now last second, is there? :/


    Distant Worlds 3302 - Roster #721
    Member of the 6th Interstellar Corps

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by DragoCubX View Post (Source)
    Kinda disappointed. Missed the opportunity to sign up for the meet, and now I've got to read there won't be anything else for us fans at all. I guess there's no way to get into the community meet now last second, is there? :/
    Buy a bottle of Gin and bribe Sandro perhaps?
    Elite | Tycoon | Elite | Mostly Helpless
    Duke | Rear Admiral | Alliance
    Current Assets: ~2.9 Bil Cr | All ships owned | All Engineers grade 5 unlocked
    Saitex X-52 Pro| 3.4GHz i5 CPU | 16Gb Corsair DDR3 RAM | Asus Z87-D MB | GTX 1080 GPU | Oculus Rift | 1.25TB Samsung SSDs | 8TB HDDs