Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.4 Open Beta Patch Notes

Originally Posted by EUS View Post (Source)
    Please increase the volume for wave SRV scanner, or reduce SRV engine audio, because right now, it's really bothersome.
    Many CMDRs have been requesting this, don't know why it's been ignored for so long.
    Better yet, add separate volume controls.
    Definately on this one - You have the engine noise, ambient noise, my telly on and I have to look like a muppet with my ear to the speaker trying to listen to the clicks of dolphins 50ly away.

V2k.

Originally Posted by jojon View Post (Source)
    So... After reading the last unread nested message in a thread, the tree collapses automatically. Not sure I like that... any other opinions?
    I submitted a bug on this. And I started a discussion thread on it. I got no replies on either thread, so I guess you and I are the only ones

It collapses if you just try to go back, too. You have to reopen the thread and scroll down, every single time. I don't know why this doesn't bother anyone else.

* Patched up a small hole in the Vulture cockpit.

Awww, but its so easy to put holes in the vultures cockpit.. spoil sports!
    Black Holes are where God divided by zero.

Getting a consistent "Failed to read from response stream. Network connection closed." when installing Horizons - Open Beta (2.4). I see "preparing update", then Choosing the version, Downloading the manifest, Sync files (which runs pretty quickly given that I've already downloaded the files), then Finalising update, then a dialog box with the "Failed to read from response stream" error.

I tried deleting PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER as others have suggested, but that just made the "Sync files" step take 15 minutes or so to download everything again before getting the same failure.

Originally Posted by Minyeni View Post (Source)
    Getting a consistent "Failed to read from response stream. Network connection closed." when installing Horizons - Open Beta (2.4). I see "preparing update", then Choosing the version, Downloading the manifest, Sync files (which runs pretty quickly given that I've already downloaded the files), then Finalising update, then a dialog box with the "Failed to read from response stream" error.

I tried deleting PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER as others have suggested, but that just made the "Sync files" step take 15 minutes or so to download everything again before getting the same failure.
    Got the same error; switched to "Alternative download method" under Options and got the install completed.
    Fly dangerous, CMDR Macros Black

Can no longer reproduce the station graphics glitch (station interior turns all gray), rotational error (impossible to land ship) upon station entry when in a wing.
    Fly dangerous, CMDR Macros Black

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    The 2.4 Open Beta is live NOW!

[...]

Companion API

• Some modifications for modules are now displayed in /profile, some modifications are not yet included
    • Market & Starsystem controlling Factions & Superpowers displayed in /profile are now correct
    • Added current ship's Fighters and / or SRVs to /profile

Companion API fixes???

Tension builds up
    I'm not sure if 'some modifications of modules' is about half a year bug of missing engineering data (looong bug thread link
    ).

But here (
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/373036-Changes-to-Companion-API-2-4-Open-Beta) it looks like now we have this data back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this true?

How big is the download?
    Exploring and that. Some writing. Lots of talking.

Sagittarius Eye magazine: http://www.sagittariuseyes.com/

Originally Posted by Glorfinnin View Post (Source)
    I wasn't incredibly sad to see the nerf to stacking 20 massacre missions, because cycling for 30 minutes just to fill up your mission roster was stupid...

So they promised higher payouts and only stacking up to 3 massacre missions per faction....

Now they've nerfed that even harder with this:

"Ship kills, and actions to complete planetary hack and disable missions will now only contribute to a single mission, this will be the earliest mission accepted"

With this, Frontier has almost completely removed the ability to level a faction or make any money with massacre missions, which is sadly my and my circle of friends' largest source of fun, income, and reputation.

I don't to be forced to grind cargo delivery missions 500 ly away, or do god-awful, boring mining for some rare material to sell just to make a few bucks... Why aren't they de-incentivizing massacre missions?
    They pay already a lot without any missions, stacking was just silly.

Synthesis can now create heat sinks, chaff, limpets and top up life support

Oh YES!

I just hated how mining worked until now. It was just ridiculous and unimmersive that you had to come back to station every 40 minuted because you've run out of limpets despite buying DOZENS of them for the trip. I hope you will be able to craft them from popular minerals from asteroids.

On the other side it would be just much better and logical to make them last longer or be recoverable in case of prospector limpets and just make them cost much more.

Planetary surface tile bug is still present in 2.4 open beta, also not mentioned for being expected to be fixed in patch notes. Had to delete about every 3rd recorded video of planetary surfaces because of that, so I wouldn't call this bug "trivial". Btw, this bug seems to be unsuccessfully hidden behind the pilot's back so you often can 'provoke' this bug by doing a 180 degree turn.
    Disappointed. :/

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    • Various text fixes
    I had hopes this would include a fix for the missing special characters and wrongly displayed letters from this bug report.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...orrect-letters
    So far in the beta I have been unable to add neither of the 3 special characters at all.

"Fixed an i$$ue where Commander name$ that contained '$' were not di$playing correctly"

I lol'd. Carry on!
    Emergent. Gameplay. Depth. Three words that all simultaneously mean anything and nothing at all. Expand your vocabulary, people!

24 hours to do a courier delivery from the bubble to colonia? Yeah, it's do-able, but not for 600k, thanks. Not so long ago, a trip like this would be two weeks for the average player.

Did just plot it in an Sidey though, for a laugh: 1,822 jumps to go 19,850.01LY, and that's with jet cone boosts.

Might just try that for a laugh when the game goes live. Doubt the Beta would last long enough for me to complete it in a Sidey

It's been awhile since I poked around with the beta, since I'm on vacation and my main rig is at home but if I remember, it looked like the Cutter has a ship kit in the works. If that's true, I'm looking forward to that.
    Noblesse Oblige, Commanders.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast