Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.4 Open Beta Patch Notes

Vulture

•Patched up a small hole in the Vulture cockpit
    All those blown canopies are starting to make sense....

Nothing in beta. Again.

FD could you at least enable the engineers that are coming in 2.4 (and don't pretend that there aren't any)?

If you leave huge amounts of 2.4 out of the beta then what is the point in the beta? We'll just have another broken release on day 1.

Originally Posted by EUS View Post (Source)
    Please increase the volume for wave SRV scanner, or reduce SRV engine audio, because right now, it's really bothersome.
    Many CMDRs have been requesting this, don't know why it's been ignored for so long.
    Better yet, add separate volume controls.
    There are separate volume controls (and I always tone the wave scanner way down because it's too loud)...

Originally Posted by andrak View Post (Source)
    FD could you at least enable the engineers that are coming in 2.4 (and don't pretend that there aren't any)?

If you leave huge amounts of 2.4 out of the beta then what is the point in the beta? We'll just have another broken release on day 1.
    It is being tested internally, for obvious reasons. If there are new engineers, they are going to be definitely about new Thargoid technology.

Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Other wise why does anyone play in open? It needs Incentive.
    The incentive for playing in open is that other Commanders can see your shiny kit/paintjob ... that's enaugh for me :)

Typical. Finish downloading the beta and get a notification stating that the new Nvidia driver is ready to download. Nee luck. :rolleyes:

By the way, OSX is macOS now :)

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    It'll have to wait till tomorrow as I'm going to watch 65daysofstatic tonight :D
    +50. Enjoy, they're amazing.

Question: Do my actions in the Open Beta affect the normal version of the game? Can't seem to find info on that anywhere and I want to play around with a few things.

Originally Posted by Bdragon4 View Post (Source)
    Question: Do my actions in the Open Beta affect the normal version of the game? Can't seem to find info on that anywhere and I want to play around with a few things.
    Nope. Earlier savepoint for a week or so ago which doesn't get carried over once it goes live.

Originally Posted by Bdragon4 View Post (Source)
    No. You will be playing with a save from a week or so ago. What you do in beta stays in beta.

Edit: Ninja'd
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    My God, it's full of stars!

Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post (Source)
    There are separate volume controls (and I always tone the wave scanner way down because it's too loud)...

It is being tested internally, for obvious reasons. If there are new engineers, they are going to be definitely about new Thargoid technology.
    As we should be painfully aware of by now, FD's internal testing isn't good enough.

Originally Posted by andrak View Post (Source)

Beta is to test bug fixes, C&P changes, even flying around gathers telemetry you might not be aware about and helping devs for actual content of 2.4.

FD deploys their own QA teams for huge swaths of content.

Also I believe there won't be new Engineers (which is funny people obsessing over them as universal rule they don't like them, no?)
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    • Fixed an i$$ue where Commander name$ that contained '$' were not di$playing correctly
    Be honest, you had fun with this one XD
    Elite | Tycoon | Elite | Mostly Helpless
    Duke | Rear Admiral | Alliance
    Current Assets: ~2.9 Bil Cr | All ships owned | All Engineers grade 5 unlocked
    Saitex X-52 Pro| 3.4GHz i5 CPU | 16Gb Corsair DDR3 RAM | Asus Z87-D MB | GTX 1080 GPU | Oculus Rift | 1.25TB Samsung SSDs | 8TB HDDs

Thanks FDEV! Awesome!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast