Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Why does HSL synthesis require manmade mats? Useless for exploration???

Originally Posted by Genar-Hofoen View Post (Source)
    Pvp'ers have managed so far without the synthesis so surely this is a bonus anyway. Swings both ways.

So answer me this one :

IF synthesis is going to take longer

AND synthesis is going to get halted if ship takes damage

THEN where's the problem in making basic heatsink synthesis out of non-manufactured materials?
    And I agree that it "swings both ways". Not sure I understand the rest of your post but.. yea. Plus this thread is about exploration as per the title and OP.

Originally Posted by CMDR MRMAURICE View Post (Source)
    And I agree that it "swings both ways". Not sure I understand the rest of your post but.. yea. Plus this thread is about exploration as per the title and OP.
    Maybe read the post I was replying to - as well as every other post - to get the context of that post?

Originally Posted by Genar-Hofoen View Post (Source)
    Maybe read the post I was replying to - as well as every other post - to get the context of that post?

Either way we're getting synthesis for something we didn't have before and we managed for 3-4 years without it so it's a bonus all round

4. This is the last staff post in this thread. #79
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous
    Frontier Employee
    Hello Commanders!

Apologies, haven't had time to read all of this thread.

Heat sink synthesis deliberately uses materials from inhabited space. The concept is that you will need to think about some materials before you set off, that you are never completely self-sufficient in all ways when exploring.

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

Heat sink synthesis deliberately uses materials from inhabited space. The concept is that you will need to think about some materials before you set off, that you are never completely self-sufficient in all ways when exploring.
    That is a disappointing stance!
    Games without frontiers, devs without ears...

"AMD FX-9370 4.7 Ghz, Sabretooth 990fx, Samsung Evo 250Gb SSD, Western Digital 4Tb HDD, 32Gb Ram, R9 390 8Gb @ 3840*2160 Philips BDM4065UC, TrackIR5, X52pro, Win10"

Hello Commanders!

Well that sucks!

People can make all sots of high-tech missiles using only mats but explorers have to cart out manufactured materials if they want to make heatsink ammo? What sort of nonsense is this? Why shouldn't explorers be self-sufficient? Makes no sense to me and looks like F D just being awkward.

If heatsinks require manufactured goods, why not make missiles require e.g. Proprietary Composites?

Come on, show some consistency.

You're dropping the ball on this FD.
    By this logic, and if you have any consistency at all, you'll tweak ammo recipes such that you'll need to go to Sag A* for a crucial component.
    # apt-get purge engineers

Why does the computer keep saying "Friendship Giant Sausage"?

Hello Commanders!

Well, Sandro, this is a bit yours fault, because it has been rarely communicated. Many people run on assumption FD should give people tools for infinite exploration. FD ditched more realistic tear and wear for unclear reasons (just having fun for flying around doesn't hold water because it seems everyone and his dog hoards massive amount of credits to make all Milky Way galaxy banks blush) so this is what we reap.

I hope you consider to tweak this back for more realistic gameplay but I guess it will hard to walk back due of salty community.
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

Hello Commanders!

I am deeply sorry with such a choice.

Exploration require a true effort and dedication.

One more "feature" I will not use. Same as PP, MC, and so on.

People are waiting ages for QoL features that do not match their purpose.
    My Exploration albums : http://sensai25.imgur.com/

Originally Posted by sensai25 View Post (Source)
    I am deeply sorry with such a choice.

Exploration require a true effort and dedication.

One more "feature" I will not use. Same as PP, MC, and so on.

People are waiting ages for QoL features that do not match their purpose.
    True effort and dedication, really, that's rich.

It is most non-challenging part of the game due of lack of consequences and tear and wear. You suppose to be returning a lot from your trips that people do these days. Beagle point? Shouldn't be a thing. Trip to A* in Sidey? Impossible.
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

Originally Posted by MalcYorks View Post (Source)
    Well that sucks!

People can make all sots of high-tech missiles using only mats but explorers have to cart out manufactured materials if they want to make heatsink ammo? What sort of nonsense is this? Why shouldn't explorers be self-sufficient? Makes no sense to me and looks like F D just being awkward.

If heatsinks require manufactured goods, why not make missiles require e.g. Proprietary Composites?

Come on, show some consistency.
    Consistency has never been a strong point unfortunately.
    Explorers getting the shaft again.
    Games without frontiers, devs without ears...

"AMD FX-9370 4.7 Ghz, Sabretooth 990fx, Samsung Evo 250Gb SSD, Western Digital 4Tb HDD, 32Gb Ram, R9 390 8Gb @ 3840*2160 Philips BDM4065UC, TrackIR5, X52pro, Win10"

Oh no, something requires a little bit of planning and stockpiling a small number of easily obtainable materials! All is lost! It's the worst!

Seriously folks? Are you just popping heatsinks all the time because you're bored? Can't you travel a couple kLy without faceplanting into stars all the time? My number one way of spending heatsinks out in the black has so far been hitting the wrong button, so I'm genuinely curious why you all feel an existential dread when you can't summon them from thin air in huge quantities.
    Dem white knights nerfed muh mershn!

I've done 130kly with zero heat sinks, returned with 89% hull (10% of that was my own fault for landing too hard after forgetting to turn on shields).

So you can explore without them.
    ED-Discovery - Journals, Materials, Commodities, Synthesis, Star Map, Voice.
    Your Elite Dangerous co-pilot.
    Get it at https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/releases
    Help https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/wiki
    Discord https://discord.gg/CS3eK

Hello Commanders!

Would that really be so terrible to allow? Especially with the incoming invasion, it's probably a choice a lot of players will make.

And you're already giving us limpets that repair the hull, which is probably the biggest promoter for this style of play. But you're not willing to go all the way with it, and I'm not sure why. People will come back to the bubble if you give them a good reason to, like new content. Trying to 'hold them hostage' with such a small utility seems wrong and makes no sense lore-wise either. I honestly can't think of any downsides for properly setting people free.

Originally Posted by Cocalarix View Post (Source)
    And you're already giving us limpets that repair the hull, which is probably the biggest promoter for this style of play.
    I'd also be in favour of making those require engineered materials.
    Dem white knights nerfed muh mershn!

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast